Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 08-20-2009, 18:25   #31
echoes
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmap View Post
Or perhaps I'm humor challenged....

Perhaps not funny - but brutally ironic.
Nmap,

In this thread, the icon just got my blood pumping.

You are far more intelligent than me, so I just wanted to voice my small opinion.

Holly
echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 18:39   #32
nmap
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes View Post
Nmap,

In this thread, the icon just got my blood pumping.

You are far more intelligent than me, so I just wanted to voice my small opinion.

Holly
I can understand that. I've taken out the icon and added an "irony" label.

Acronym Key:

MOO: My Opinion Only
YMMV: Your Mileage May Vary
ETF: Exchange Traded Fund

Oil Chart

30 year Treasury Bond
nmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 20:29   #33
Utah Bob
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorian View Post
You can take this for what its worth.... Ive never been incarcerated or forcefully sodomized by another man, so maybe I just don't know what I'm missing out on.... But I cant imagine if the above activity is really so commonplace in prison that recidivism rates would be in the 90 percentile range. I know you hear anecdotes about it. Its become a part of popular culture especially films and jokes.... And maybe the possibility of it provides SOME level of "justice" for the victims when juxtaposed against three hot meals a day, free gym membership and color/cable TV. But I personally know what lengths I would go to to avoid both prison and rape.... Yet people who have been there cant seem to wait to get back.... So I just don't know....
In prison you have rapers and rapees. And yeah it's very commonplace.
Lazy Bob Ranch
Utah Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 20:52   #34
219seminole
Guerrilla

I'm too old to see it, but during the lifetimes of my children Britain will certainly be a Muslim country...the Muslim birth rate is higher and the gov't too easily rolls over. Though he received a life sentence, it was actually 27 years minimum and now the compassionate release. England and Scotland bow to the Muslim elements in their midst. Last year the Dundee, Scotland, police mailed a post card to local residents advising a new phone number. The front of the post card had a German shepherd puppy sitting in a police hat. Muslims protested, as the dog is considered unclean. The Chief Constable apologized. My family left Scotland centuries ago and now won't wear my kilt with the same pride.

I've always liked my dogs.

WARNING TO OTHERS: Don't try to post after 2 Bloody Marys.

Last edited by 219seminole; 08-20-2009 at 20:57.
219seminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 22:20   #35
jlcoad
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
But now he walks in a painfully funny way, has a panic attack every time he hears someone coming up behind him or the sound of running water, bawls at the mention of anyone needing some soap, won't go near a shower, and wears Depends due to a severe case of fecal incontinence acquired over the last 3,123 days.

Personally - I would use this as a golden PSYOPs opportunity to sell the world on how Western Civilization is, indeed, merciful to those who are truly suffering - even if the sufferer is one who has been stricken by God/Allah with a horrifically painful and fatal illness for going against HIS word from having been led astray by those who would so wrongfully preach that HE would honor anyone who commited murder in HIS holy name.

Richard's $.02
If he walks funny it's not because of prison. After all he is a buddy of Gadhafi. I may be wrong but isn't sodomy the national pastime of Libya.

Do they shower in Libya?

Soap? I am sure that would have to be imported with instructions.

Richard, I agree with you, using this to win "hearts and minds" would seem like the ideal strategy but I think the radical eliment of that part of the world would see compassion as a weakness. Let's face it, the radicals are calling the shots. We would have to follow up with serious committed psyops. Eventually we would have to place "boots on the ground" to finish the job. Not that that's a bad thing.
In this case the only hearts and minds we would even come close to winning would be those of the ACLU. Remember they don't have NPR or CNN over there.
The idea of discrediting those involved would be the best way. We don't need to make any more martyrs. Well, maybe we do. They have to run out of virgins and rivers of milk and honey sometime.

I have some redneck acquaintances that think genocide is the answer. Unfortunately that is their solution to everything.

Last edited by jlcoad; 08-20-2009 at 22:22. Reason: spelling
jlcoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 22:28   #36
jlcoad
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah Bob View Post
In prison you have rapers and rapees. And yeah it's very commonplace.
Like any other society the strong will always take advantage of the week
Old 08-20-2009, 22:38   #37
jlcoad
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenberetTFS View Post
Whatever ties we have with scotland should be put on hold..................

Big Teddy
Not sure if I would blame Scotland, as England is always in the background calling the shots. After all England seems to be on a mission to convert the whole country to Islam.
See Area Studies > Europe Swimmers are told to wear burkinis
next they'll legalize hash

Then again I might just be afraid I will have to give up my single malt.

Last edited by jlcoad; 08-20-2009 at 23:09.
jlcoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:32   #38
frostfire
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishsquid View Post
Makes me want to deny my own heritage. What happened to the Scottish? What happened to the Highland Clans, and the Border Reivers? Hell...Guess Scotland is like the rest of the world now...no balls.
well, there is still the bayonet charge in Basra...and this
http://soundsofswc.com/files/01_Scotland_the_Brave.mp3

Mixed feelings over this...the Jean Valjean side of me like to believe that grace manifested in an act of compassion can transform even the hard liners or true believers.

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:11   #39
dac
Guerrilla

I for one was glad to see that BO let the Scottish government know that he did not approve of this release. With his hard-line stance on terror and gitmo I can imagine how furious he was to see a terrorist go free.
dac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:40   #40
Dozer523
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcoad View Post
Like any other society the strong will always take advantage of the week
As long as they use their time wisely.
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 13:43   #41
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy L-bach View Post
sadly...
...the "mercy" that some may be hoping to project will be lost on the culture we are so desperately trying to appease.
Only the gullible believe that what has been done will be seen as an act of mercy by islam.

This was an act of weakness by the west and a victory for the faithful.
Praise be allah

Godspeed to the innocent that have fallen to these savages.
Very well said and right on target,totally agree.............

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 16:20   #42
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Libyans Celebrate Freedom for Pan Am Bomber

Ten's of thousands dancing in the streets celebrating the release of a convicted terrorist, murdering coward bastard.

An "islamic" hero's welcome.

islam will never defeat the West, we will do that ourselves.

The people of Scotland should be ashamed.

Team Sergeant
Old 08-21-2009, 16:46   #43
Praetorian
Guerrilla

AND ANOTHER THING!!!!

There has been a policy debate in this country, for the last 15 years, about how to respond to terrorism.

One political party views it as an overt act of war, best left to the various branches of the armed forces to deal with.

The other political party insists it should be a criminal matter, left to law enforcement agencies and the Courts to sort out.

The injustice of this event should show the world why the criminal justice system is woefully unable to handle these acts of calculated mass murder, and should act as an anchor around the neck of the next politician who suggests we return to the latter policy.
Praetorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 17:36   #44
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
I for one was glad to see that BO let the Scottish government know that he did not approve of this release. With his hard-line stance on terror and gitmo I can imagine how furious he was to see a terrorist go free.
You forgot the rolling eyes smilie.

Does anyone know if the UN wrote a stern letter?

This is so disgraceful. Disgusting.
Old 08-21-2009, 19:59   #45
Sigaba
Area Commander

Gordon Brown's 'curious' silence over Lockerbie bomber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcoad View Post
Not sure if I would blame Scotland, as England is always in the background calling the shots.
From the online edition of the Daily Telegraph. Source is here.
Quote:
Gordon Brown's 'curious' silence over Lockerbie bomber
Gordon Brown was last night facing growing questions over his silence on the decision to allow the Lockerbie bomber to return home to Libya.

By James Kirkup, Political Correspondent
Published: 10:00PM BST 21 Aug 2009

Amid anger over the hero’s welcome granted to Ali Mohmed al Megrahi on his return to Libya after eight years in a Scottish jail, David Cameron said the Prime Minister must explain his view of the decision to release him.

Mr Brown has so far refused to comment on the decision of Scottish ministers to free on compassionate grounds the greatest mass murderer in British legal history.

Megrahi’s release has triggered criticism from President Barack Obama and many of the relatives of the 270 people killed in Lockerbie in 1988.

Mr Cameron has denounced the Scottish decision, and yesterday challenged the Prime Minister over his “curious” silence on the issue.

In a letter to Mr Brown, the Conservative leader said: “I believe that the public are entitled to know what you think of the decision to release Megrahi, and whether you consider it was right or wrong.”

Downing Street refused to comment, and David Miliband, the Foreign Secretary would not be drawn on whether the release itself was right or wrong, saying it was purely "a matter for the Scottish government".

UK Government insiders say it is proper for Mr Brown to stay silent on the issue because the devolution settlement that created the Scottish Parliament means the Lockerbie decision is entirely for Scottish ministers.

They also say that if Mr Brown did speak, he would be accused by Scottish Nationalists of interfering in Scottish affairs.

However, Mr Brown’s silence is feeding conspiracy theories around the release.

Critics, including the relatives of some of the Lockerbie victims, believe the UK Government somehow contrived Megrahi’s release in order to promote the interests of British energy companies in Libya.

Fuelling the conspiracy theories, Saif Islam Gaddafi, son of the Libyan leader, yesterday praised “the British and Scottish governments” over Megrahi’s release.

In 2007, Tony Blair concluded a prisoner transfer agreement with Libya. Many in Scotland suspected was intended to facilitate Megrahi’s release, although the final decision has always lain with the Scottish authorities.

Megrahi did make an application to Scottish minsters to be returned under the transfer agreement.

His decision this week to drop his appeal against his conviction – which ends any chance of a re-examination of the case – was regarded with suspicion by some Scottish politicians, who believe the UK Government brought private pressure to bear in the matter.

In the event, however, Scottish ministers rejected Megrahi’s application to return under the transfer agreement. Instead, they granted him compassionate release and his conviction stands.

Mr Cameron also raised questions about the UK Government’s role, telling Mr Brown: "We are entitled to know what you and your ministers have said to the Libyan authorities on this matter.”

Mr Miliband yesterday rejected as a "slur" the suggestion that the UK Government had wanted Megrahi to be released for commercial reason.

He said: "We have been scrupulous in saying this decision should be made by the Scottish authorities; we have been scrupulous in saying that to the Libyans, we have been scrupulous in saying that to the Americans.

"We certainly welcome the fact that over the past 10 years there have been significant changes in Libya's engagement with the international community. But it is wrong to say that in this case, the British Government has somehow put pressure on the Scottish authorities or anyone else."

Megrahi, 57, arrived home on Thursday night to be greeted by hundreds of Libyans waving flags and feting him as a hero.

In an embarrassment for Mr Brown, the celebrations came even after had asked the Libyans to avoid triumphalist displays on Megrahi’s return.

Mr Miliband said: “The sight of a mass murderer getting a hero's welcome in Tripoli is deeply upsetting, deeply distressing.”

Mr Cameron also said the celebrations were distressing.

A White House spokesman said: “It is disturbing to see images suggesting that Megrahi was accorded a hero's welcome instead of being treated as a convicted murderer.”

Despite the strong American criticism of the Scottish decision to free Megrahi, Alex Salmond, the Scottish First Minister, insisted that relations with the US will not be affected.

"The relationship between Scotland and the United States is deep and enduring and will continue to be deep and enduring.” Mr Salmond said.

"We can't have a relationship based on always agreeing with each other. We have to have the ability to disagree where our system takes us in a different direction.”
In regards to Mr. al-Megrahi's continued claims that he is innocent, the verdict of his trial is available here.

Last edited by Sigaba; 08-21-2009 at 20:31.
Sigaba is offline   Reply With Quote