Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 05-24-2011, 03:38   #16
steve912
Asset

'They Need to Be Liberated From Their God'

Or

"Sent to Meet Him"

Amen.

There also needs to be borders made of a giant pig trough, kept nice and wet.. Then every few months take a B747 Supertanker load it with the pig waste, and call in some air support as needed. Oh.. And make all explosives with bacon in them.. But, then again, I am just a politically incorrect jerk..
steve912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:40   #17
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Hacksaw, nice avatar Sir!

Forget the twelfth imam, Holger Danske has been roused, and is in da house
T-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:10   #18
steve912
Asset

See what worries me is they believe the twelth imam will crawl out of a well... Maybe he is related to the girl from the movie "The Ring"
Old 05-27-2011, 09:01   #19
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve912 View Post
See what worries me is they believe the twelth imam will crawl out of a well... Maybe he is related to the girl from the movie "The Ring"
It is only the Shia that believe that...then again, they are building a Nuke and when that Imam shows up that's the switch for Armaggedon
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 19:14   #20
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Quote:
It is only the Shia that believe that...
Although it may not be a predominant Sunni belief, I thought Juhayman ibn Muhammad ibn Sayf al-Otaibi was Sunni ?

http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday...otoGallery.php

Edited to add...

Found this pretty interesting > http://www.mahdiwatch.org/

This too, and at the end when Spencer showed up

(01:00 - 01:25) & (03:00 - 03:55)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL-pF9cEgX4

Jamaat ul-Fuqra are Sunni too..., I think...

Last edited by T-Rock; 05-27-2011 at 19:49.
Old 05-27-2011, 19:51   #21
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Rock View Post
Although it may not be a predominant Sunni belief, I thought Juhayman ibn Muhammad ibn Sayf al-Otaibi was Sunni ?

http://www.randomhouse.com/doubleday...otoGallery.php

Edited to add...

Found this pretty interesting > http://www.mahdiwatch.org/

This too, and at the end when Spencer showed up

(01:00 - 01:25) & (03:00 - 03:55)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL-pF9cEgX4

Jamaat ul-Fuqra are Sunni too..., I think...
Predominately Shia. Most Sunni don't believe in the Shia tradition of the hidden Imams return simply because it is Shia.
As you know many trad Sunni's don't even consider Shia's to be muslim.
Old 05-27-2011, 23:59   #22
steve912
Asset

PRB,

I kind of took light of things my appologies. If I am correct, because it has been a while since I have studied the subject,and definately have been wrong before
Shia specifically twelvers - such as Ahmadinejad, do make me nervous... Because they believe bringing on armagedon will cause the madi to come out of the well, and destroy little and big satan ie - the jews and americans.. But if I understand correctly that is a minority in iran as in the past ayatollah khomeini felt they were a little to nutty even for his taste and killed a bunch them off..ayatollah khomeini in a way reminds me of a Sadam, but way more structured as he appears to be a man of strict muslim faith, and surrounds himself like minded imams (quite the twisted bunch) and also has some of his people believing that he actually speaks with Allah, and Allah speaks back with him..

Which I am sure he thinks he did speak with Allah, if he smoked some of the Hashish that is located in that neck of the woods. But either way the regime definately should not have any nukes, cause it will only be a matter of time before it is passed onto Hezbollah... Which is a scarey thought in itself.. Especially the way things are currently happening around Israel.. All of the Israelies have my prayers.

Last edited by steve912; 05-28-2011 at 03:09.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:08   #23
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Quote:
Predominately Shia. Most Sunni don't believe in the Shia tradition of the hidden Imams return simply because it is Shia.
As you know many trad Sunni's don't even consider Shia's to be muslim.
Yes Sir.., I should have clarified above that they both believe in the Mahdi, yet the Mahdi of Sunni Islam has nothing to do with the Shia tradition of the hidden dude from the well

FWIW..., my understanding is that Sunni believe the Mahdi has yet to arrive, whereas the twelvers of Shi`ism believe the Mahdi has already been here, and is hiding, waiting..., and fixing to crawl back out of the well when the time is right..., sort of like a twisted version of ground hog day, dependant upon turmoil
Old 05-28-2011, 11:06   #24
Hacksaw
Quiet Professional

Thanks T-Rock.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 13:50   #25
craigepo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve912 View Post
PRB,

Because they believe bringing on armagedon will cause the madi to come out of the well, and destroy little and big satan ie - the jews and americans..
Question: Do the muslims really believe in an "armageddon"? My reason for asking---Armageddon is a term used in the New Testament, specifically the book of Revelation. If my poor theological base is correct, Armageddon is derived from the Jewish "Har Megiddo", literally "Megiddo Hill", an actual place in Israel with obvious tactical/strategic import(from Google maps).

So, is the term "Armageddon" used in the koran, or is this just an english/western shorthand for something islamically different entirely?

"One man with courage makes a majority." Andrew Jackson

"Well Mr. Carpetbagger. We got something in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."
Josey Wales
craigepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 20:21   #26
steve912
Asset

Craigpro,

My understanding is Muslims believe in armageddon, but it has a similar/different meaning. The similarities are that there will be blood drawn world wide, global conflict ect. The difference is Christians and Jews do not want armageddon to take place due to the ammount of carnage that will take place and lives lost, but in the end Jesus will purify the world of all evil and there will be peace on earth. In the Koran if I have read up on this correctly, the muslims want to start armageddon (particularly twelvers) because the madi will come out, there will be world wide blood shed, and they believe all Jews will be wiped off the face of the earth with no place to hide.. Their term for satan is not the same as the Christian understanding though. Satan for christians is one fallen angel that rules all hell and is the king of evil, where the muslims believe satan can be an entire group of people or a country. The way I understand it there is little satan (Jews) and big satan (americans) but I believe this is just for the fundamentalists in those countries which sadly to say there is quite alot of them.. I hope this helps out a little bit.
Old 05-28-2011, 20:52   #27
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigepo View Post
Question: Do the muslims really believe in an "armageddon"? My reason for asking---Armageddon is a term used in the New Testament, specifically the book of Revelation. If my poor theological base is correct, Armageddon is derived from the Jewish "Har Megiddo", literally "Megiddo Hill", an actual place in Israel with obvious tactical/strategic import(from Google maps).

So, is the term "Armageddon" used in the koran, or is this just an english/western shorthand for something islamically different entirely?
Yes it is. Muhammed was exposed to both Christianity and Judaism and he adopted many of their concepts as he devised the Koran. The Christian offshoot (not real Christianity but a schism) didn't practice according to the precepts of Christ but Muhammed was unaware of this and echoed some of their beliefs thinking it was true Christianity....he gathered a bit here/there etc as he developed the religion. It was a way to tie into practiced beliefs and to accrue 'believability' as he preached. His uncle, the suposed transcriber of the written Quran, was supposedly a Christian of sorts.
Old 05-29-2011, 00:28   #28
T-Rock
BANNED USER

FWIW, Muhammad confused Mary, the mother of Jesus with Mary, the sister of Aaron and Moses, and he adopted the Syriac legend of the seven sleepers of Ephesus, and incorporated it into the Qur'an, as "The People of the Cave" (Sura 18).

He also applied the term "Samaritan" to the time of Moses... lol

Big "Mo" borrowed quite a bit from other religions and legends...

Old 05-29-2011, 04:48   #29
Almualla
Asset

ahhhh...."There you go, again." Ronald Reagan........
Almualla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 14:23   #30
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almualla View Post
ahhhh...."There you go, again." Ronald Reagan........
Yemeni?