BMT (RIP)
Quiet Professional

'They Need to Be Liberated From Their God'

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...wsreel_opinion

BMT
Old 03-06-2010, 23:34   #2
orion5
Guerrilla Chief

Wow...that is some powerful stuff. Thanks for posting this, BMT.

"As the son of a Muslim cleric, he says he had reached the conclusion that terrorism can't be defeated without a new understanding of Islam. Here he echoes other defectors from Islam such as the former Dutch parliamentarian and writer Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

Do you consider your father a fanatic? "He's not a fanatic," says Mr. Yousef. "He's a very moderate, logical person. What matters is not whether my father is a fanatic or not, he's doing the will of a fanatic God. It doesn't matter if he's a terrorist or a traditional Muslim. At the end of the day a traditional Muslim is doing the will of a fanatic, fundamentalist, terrorist God. I know this is harsh to say. Most governments avoid this subject. They don't want to admit this is an ideological war."

Mr. Yousef has been beaten and tortured by Hamas in the past, so he knows full well the risk of coming out with this book. I admire his courage and wonder how long he'll be alive....
orion5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 16:47   #3
Marina
Guerrilla

Son of Hamas - Mosab Yousef

Here's a link to earlier posts on the book "Son of Hamas," by Palestinian Mosab Yousef.

I wonder why CNN is just now picking up the story. The book came out in 2008.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/...postcount=1123
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:52   #4
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Son Of Hamas...

"Islamic life is like a ladder, with prayer and praising Allah as the bottom rung. The higher rungs represent helping the poor and needy, establishing schools, and supporting charities. The highest rung is jihad.

The ladder is tall. Few look up to see what is at the top. And progress is usually gradual, almost imperceptible - like a barn cat stalking a swallow. The swallow never takes its eyes off the cat. It just stands there, watching the cat pace back and forth, back and forth. But the swallow does not judge depth. It does not see that the cat is getting a little bit closer with every pass until, in the blink of an eye, the cats claws are stained with the swallow's blood.

Traditional Muslims stand at the foot of the ladder, living in guilt for not really practicing Islam. At the top are fundamentalists, the ones you see in the news killing women and children for the glory of the god of the Qur'an. Moderates are somewhere in between.

A moderate Muslim is actually more dangerous than a fundamentalist, however, because he appears harmless, and you can never tell when he has taken that next step toward the top. Most suicide bombers begin as moderates."

-Mosab Hassan Yousef-

Interesting book - just started reading it...
T-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 14:11   #5
T-Rock
BANNED USER

Exclamation Mosab Hassan Yousef speaketh with a forked tongue?

The video in the link below is an interview that may show Yousef’s intentions to infiltrate American churches to create hate towards Israel..
> http://shoebat.com/videos/sonOfHamas.php

Is he practicing the art of Taqiyya on the west
T-Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 14:33   #6
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

lol How could anybody fail to realize the blatantly obvious fact that we're at war with these shitbirds?
Old 05-18-2011, 16:17   #7
Dohhunter
Guerrilla

I hear their God doesn't like black glass.
Dohhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 16:46   #8
mark46th
Quiet Professional

Dusty- Obama doesn't think we are at war with Islam, only the bad people who misinterpret the Q'uran...
mark46th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:51   #9
Dohhunter
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark46th View Post
Dusty- Obama doesn't think we are at war with Islam, only the bad people who misinterpret the Q'uran...
And there lies the fundamental mistake of Western Civilization's take on the matter. No pun intended.
Dohhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:32   #10
PRB
Quiet Professional

http://www.meforum.org/2906/raymond-...1-cair-0-by-ko
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:42   #11
Hacksaw
Quiet Professional

Awesome

Hey PRB,
That was an awesome link. It's fantastic that someone like Raymond Ibrahim was able to speak at a college campus despite protests from the unindicted co-conspiritors in the Holy land foundation case (CAIR). I spent my last year at AWG as an instructor and one of the courss I got to be in charge of was GWOT. We had Robert Spencer, Brigette Gabriel, Steve Coughlin and a few other experts come and speak for a week with our students (all senior enlisted and field grade officers) about Islam and specifically about sharia. Almost none of the students knew anything about islam despite numerous deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan and were heading back to both places as advisors. Maybe DoD will begin actually teaching our folks the doctrine of our enemies rather than islam is a religion of peace.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:42   #12
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
Hey PRB,
That was an awesome link. It's fantastic that someone like Raymond Ibrahim was able to speak at a college campus despite protests from the unindicted co-conspiritors in the Holy land foundation case (CAIR). I spent my last year at AWG as an instructor and one of the courss I got to be in charge of was GWOT. We had Robert Spencer, Brigette Gabriel, Steve Coughlin and a few other experts come and speak for a week with our students (all senior enlisted and field grade officers) about Islam and specifically about sharia. Almost none of the students knew anything about islam despite numerous deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan and were heading back to both places as advisors. Maybe DoD will begin actually teaching our folks the doctrine of our enemies rather than islam is a religion of peace.
I hope so...I sometimes get carried away attempting to define Islam because I believe, as you do, that 98% of Westerners have never looked into the religion and totally misunderstand it's stated goals.
I traveled to the ME for years before I started delving into their books....it's all in black white and red.
Old 05-21-2011, 13:04   #13
Hacksaw
Quiet Professional

Roger that, since 2004 (my first true introduction to the religion of peace) I have deployed here to Iraq 9 times and have always brought a koran (Rodwell's version, I like that he was not a muslim) and a Reliance of the Traveler (sharia law). They tell you point blank exactly what they plan on doing and how, they are not extremists, they are true practitioners of their religion. I'll stop there, otherwise I'll go on and on about the subject, again, interesting read, thanks.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 14:26   #14
PRB
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacksaw View Post
Roger that, since 2004 (my first true introduction to the religion of peace) I have deployed here to Iraq 9 times and have always brought a koran (Rodwell's version, I like that he was not a muslim) and a Reliance of the Traveler (sharia law). They tell you point blank exactly what they plan on doing and how, they are not extremists, they are true practitioners of their religion. I'll stop there, otherwise I'll go on and on about the subject, again, interesting read, thanks.
I started in the ME about '84 or so and last trip '05-07. Do me/us a favor and present your findings to your team mates unit as best you can.
Old 05-21-2011, 15:50   #15
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

'They Need to Be Liberated From Their God'

Or

"Sent to Meet Him"