Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > UWOA > Terrorism

Old 03-23-2004, 15:08   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

9/11 Comission

Anybody watching?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 17:23   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Why to watch the clinton clowns lie to the world?
Old 03-24-2004, 02:55   #3
Radar Rider
Guerrilla Chief

I've seen many of the "highlights". Unfortunately, most of it is about fingerpointing and avoiding blame (from those in office prior to 2001, anyway). Those that came aboard after 20 January 2001 have been more likely to say something logical, while accepting responsibility for their shortcomings (real or imagined).

I keep coming back to the question in my mind: "If you knew so much in 1998, why didn't you do something about it?" The previous administration claims to have had a lot of knowledge, yet in so many words admit that they just sat on it and tossed it all to George W. Bush to handle.

There is plenty of blame to go around. However, as far as intelligence is concerned, it not a science (Intel). Unless someone had an infallible crystal ball, I don't see where there was an "intelligence failure" as regards 911.
Radar Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 03:50   #4
DanUCSB
Guerrilla

It's a thorny-enough issue as it is. Toss in about a million people, all pointing fingers at someone else, and it's just a mess.

Was listening to someone on the radio the other day (Roger Hedgecock, I think), and he said something that made a lot of sense. Play the Devil's advocate and say, 'Okay, well, what if George Bush knew what was going to happen beforehand, and he had grounded all the flights that day. What would have happened then?" The answer, of course, is that the same people that are standing on their soapboxes today and wailing about how bad the administration is, would have been up in arms wailing about how he shut down the nation for a day, and nothing happened. It's a no-win proposition, with everyone running around playing 'cover your ass'.

--Dan, sick of conspiracy theorists
Old 03-24-2004, 04:36   #5
Radar Rider
Guerrilla Chief

Dan, kindred spirit here, brother. Let us not forget "pre-911" days. Let us assume that President Bush HAD authorized a strike on Osama Bin Laden and Afghanistan on 10 September 2001. We all know what the outcry would have been from the left. Most of the world's lefties would have condemned our acts, and made the USA a pariah (they're the same f*cks that complain today).

There are two things about this situation that are EXTREMELY SICK:

One: It took a direct attack on the US and killed 3,000 people to realize that the enemy ain't fuckin' around.

Two: People STILL don't realize what happened, what our response was all about, and how much danger STILL exists.

911 was bad enough. I pray to God that it doesn't take a nuclear attack on an American city for the sheeple to wake up.
Radar Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:37   #6
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

As an American, sick of politics and politicians I say we try a novel approach to 9/11 and blame the terrorists that flew the planes, the nations that financed them, and the countries that sheltered them.

I’m sick of the finger pointing. Let’s just get to work and make more dead terrorists.

Team Sergeant
Old 03-24-2004, 08:23   #7
QRQ 30
Quiet Professional

I would ask one question. Did ANYONE (other than the actual participants), have any idea that four airliners would be simultaneously commandeered and flown into three (intended) targets in a matter of an hour? Is there one person now pointing fingers who would not have scoffed and laughed off such a suggestion? It was a brilliant move which I can admire. OBL is not your common everyday terrorist. His operations are innovative and well planned. It took five years to mount a new operation against the WTC when he failed the first time. I respect that. He is more than a camel riding bandit as some seem to think.

A trite statement, but : hind sight is always 20/20.

All of the finger pointing is just a bunch of ghoulish politicians trying to gain from a tragedy.

Pain and suffering are inevitable,
misery is optional.

http://tadahling.com/memoriesofaspecialforcessoldier/
QRQ 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 08:30   #8
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Team Sergeant
As an American, sick of politics and politicians I say we try a novel approach to 9/11 and blame the terrorists that flew the planes, the nations that financed them, and the countries that sheltered them.

I’m sick of the finger pointing. Let’s just get to work and make more dead terrorists.

Team Sergeant
Outstanding post

As I was watching late yesterday I kept hoping Rumsfeld would snap and say something just like this

It's amazing how partisan on both sides this has become and how this hearing will not try to find out why things went wrong and fix them but will be a witch hunt that would make the folks from Salem back in the day proud
Old 03-24-2004, 08:38   #9
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I agree about the partisanship, but listen to what's being said in the background. From the soundbytes (no C-Span here DAMN!), the Clintonistas appear to be making the Iraq-AQ connection for POTUS.

I see the VP and SECDEF's hands in this and can hear them laughing from here.

Don't Mess with Texas and for sure Don't Mess with Uncle Dick Cheney. LOL
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-24-2004, 08:40   #10
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

General Powell certainly has his moments as well.

He said something about Richard Clarke should have been doing his job instead of making Power Point presentations. LOL
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 03-24-2004, 08:54   #11
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

You can find transcripts from yesterday's testimony here

9/11 Commission Hearing 8
Old 03-24-2004, 12:42   #12
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Watching DICK Clarke dance the Potomac 2-step right now on FOX news.

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 13:06   #13
pulque
Guerrilla

Quote:

Team Sergeant
agree completely.

I have made a list of my own priorities:
1)destruction
2)policy
3)blame (i wont be around for #3)
pulque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 13:30   #14
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

This is interesting

Biased of course but interesting

'Madam' Albright's Not-So-Surprising Rhetoric before the 9/11 Commission

Makes me hate this sea hag even more than I did before if that is possible.
Old 03-24-2004, 14:28   #15
DanUCSB
Guerrilla

Quote:
try a novel approach to 9/11 and blame the terrorists that flew the planes
Exactly. Do we need a commission to tell us this, at, of course, great expense? The facts are A, nobody predicted it (in any meaningful/accurate sense) and B, even if they had, nobody pre-9/11 would have believed them.

Everything else? Election-year tapdancing.

--Dan