Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-13-2014, 11:57   #46
DJ Urbanovsky
Guerrilla Chief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bD61YFxUga4#t=287

Get a load of the guy speaking with the Bundy at the gate.
DJ Urbanovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:13   #47
Lan
Guerrilla Chief

Cut the head off the snake!!
Lan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 12:14   #48
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

I should retract my earlier comment about the "poor tactics" of the militia groups.
Looks like they were well-organized and maintained excellent restraint ("well-regulated militia"...)

The tactics demonstrated by the BLM/NPS seem odd.
Take the low ground, threaten/provoke a larger force, and hold it with "tactical beards".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (65.6 KB, 96 views)
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 13:20   #49
Sdiver
Area Commander

Some pictures from yesterday right before the cowboys were able to retrieve the cattle.

If you're on FB, check out these two pages for some up to date information.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1437116463202158/

https://www.facebook.com/support.cliven.bundy

This is NOT over .... Not by a LONG SHOT.

ETA ... Link with video of the below pictures.

http://toprightnews.com/?p=2479

Sure is funny how the government can put a fence up as quick as they did to pen cattle and keep protesters out, but they can't do the same thing along our southern boarder with Mexico.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bundy 1a.jpg (83.1 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Bundy 2a.jpg (85.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg Bundy 3a.jpg (63.5 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg Bundy 4a.jpg (90.9 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg Bundy 5a.jpg (56.7 KB, 65 views)

Last edited by Sdiver; 04-13-2014 at 13:52.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 14:22   #50
Sdiver
Area Commander

Here's one AAR from yesterdays cattle retrieval.

Quote:
From the FRONT LINE!
This is an account from the front line of the Bundy cattle siege! 9 AM we all gathered for the opening press conference! We were told that the sheriff wanted to discuss things with the Bundys the night before! The Bundys had told the sheriff that if he had anything to say, he could say it in front of the people.

We started off with the Pledge of Allegiance! Then a prayer was given! Immediately after the prayer I saw several people pointing toward the sky! We we all awe struck while looking at hundreds of birds that gave us a personal, God sent flyover! They formed 4 large "V's"! In after thought! They were flying toward were the cattle had been corralled! And the 4 "V's" ended up being the 4 more hours we would have to wait before victory!

After several patriotic songs, the sheriff showed up at 9:30. He was given the mic, and announced to Mr. Bundy that the BLM has been told to cease the operation! Immediately many from the crowd, that was short of 1000 at the time, hollered "what about the cattle"! Mr Bundy then took the mic and told the sheriff that he had 1 hour to take down the fences, and release his cattle! Then the sheriff left!

The cowboys on horseback had just arrived in force! They took turns galloping up the hill with flags in hand! They place the American flag atop the hill where the Federal snipers once stationed themselves. After all the flags were atop the hill, a rider took up an unmounted horse in respect for all the service men, alive and deceased, and in remembrance of our fore fathers!

The hour went pretty fast, but in the meantime the crowd had now doubled! Mr. Bundy addressed the media, asking them for a report! As is usual, the media had nothing to say! They were given five more minutes by Mr. Bundy! After the five minutes were up, the media was still silent! With the peoples encouragement, we were left with no choice but to go get them ourselves! We all went to our vehicles, most cramming into truck beds, and headed over to where the cattle were being held. Half of us headed East, while the other half headed west to circle around on I15. Because of the many cars involved, it caused quite a traffic jam both East and West.

Eventually the whole freeway became a parking lot! We arrived to about 100 or more Federal vehicles scattered through out the area! Our Militia and Oath Keepers were busy surveying the surrounding area! There were many federal vehicles also stationed out of the way, on nearby dirt roads! For the most part, I could tell we were surrounded if something should happen. There were also several helicopters, and a plane, constantly circling overhead!

To get to the cattle, we needed to go under the South side underpass, and then the North. There was about 80 feet of open space between the two overpasses! As I got under the South overpass, about 50 people were standing in the overpass shade. As i was moving closer to take pictures, I could see the rangers stationed behind the open doors of their trucks! Swat teams and other fully equipped personnel were stationed in various strategic positions behind the north overpass! As I was walking closer to get better pictures, an guy grabbed me and told me I was warned not to take another step! I could hear them on a megaphone, but didn't understand what they were saying, and to whom. I'm thinkin it's time I give serious thought to hearing aids! So I moved back into the shade with the others! As the crowd started to swell below the overpass, the rangers demanded that we disperse, or we would be arrested.

Our numbers continued to grow with people now lining the overpasses, and surrounding inlets! As the sheriff had told us they were told cease this illegal operation, many of us felt they had any legal right to threaten us in this manner! They just kept reminding us that they had some sort of court order and we needed to disperse! Several top Militia members came forward and we all advanced to the halfway point! There were many verbal exchanges between the our Militia, and the rangers! The rangers ordered us to stop, and we did! They said they were authorized to use lethal force if needed! Our Militia ordered them to stand down and let us through, or they would be the ones to be arrested!

This went back and forth for about 10 minutes, with neither side budging! In the mean time our militia members had taken up its own strategic stations, for a possible engagement! Then the cowboys on horseback showed up! More than 40 of them! The crowd parted as they drove up the center of our line! Again the rangers ordered them to stop! I don't know if they couldn't hear with all the noise, or the just didn't care anymore! But they went rite up to the North overpass before coming to a stop!

Everyone was surrounding, and moving with them at this time! There were now several thousand on scene! Both sides of the freeway were totally shut down. The overpasses were now flooded and overflowing with spectators, militia, and other patriots! And neither side was budging! After about a 30 minute total stand off on both sides, the county sheriffs showed up and asked of one of the Bundy family to speak with him! After another 20 minutes more; of most likely some sort of a negotiation, we were asked to move back, and allow them time to withdraw! We backed up to the halfway point again and held our line!

The rangers slowly, cautiously, retreated! It was a tense withdraw on both sides! Cooler heads prevailed! After about another 2 hour wait, with NO ONE leaving, the cattle were finally released to go home!

In retrospect, it turned out to be the Oath Keepers from both sides that prevented some serious bloodshed! As both sides were Americans, I would have to say America won! Liberty prevailed! And Gods was watching over both sides! GOD blessed AMERICA! So many people deserve so much thanks for what took place! Much food and water was donated! People from all over the country who came so far to stand up against tyranny! The many prayers from all around the world in our behalf!
THANK YOU!
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 17:45   #51
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob45nm View Post
A couple sites to explain what the uproar is all about.

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-con...s-2834896.html
Very good information on who own's the property. '

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-con...s-2834896.html

Quote:
The following statement is allegedly from Shiree Bundy Cox, a daughter of Cliven and Carol Bundy. She explains the land allotment that her Great Grandpa, Grandpa and Dad paid for many years ago. She said her father paid his range fee for many years, until the money began being used against the ranchers in the area. She indicates that other ranchers left because the BLM bought-them out, using money that could have been ranging fees. Below her letter is information on how government became involved in “managing” grazing, under the “National System of Public Lands,” and how in 2011 the BLM changed their privacy policy regarding those who graze on “allotments,” But look at this quote (the way it used to be in America):
Quote:
The rights to the land use are called preemptive rights. [which Cliven Bundy has cited.]
Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the Bureau of Land Management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repairs and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve.
JMHO as I'm not a lawyer. "Ex Post Facto"

No...ex post facto Law shall be passed. ARTICLE I, SECTION 9, CLAUSE 3
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 19:19   #52
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I strongly suspect that this isn't over yet.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 19:46   #53
akv
Area Commander

My$.02

I don't known the history or details of Mr. Bundy's differences with the BLM.

In hindsight it makes sense, if the decision to pullback the BLM came from above, an administration that wasn't willing to enforce a red line it drew on WMD in Syria or impose any meaningful sanctions on Putin for invading Ukraine, was never going to risk the spreading budding images of big government pushing around middle aged ladies or imagine the media storm of federal agents in gunfights with American civilians, not from some isolated cult, but instead from different parts of the country who felt there was enough injustice to stand with Bundy.

However despite differences of opinion on Mr. Bundy's arguments; the question remains for the anti 2nd amendment crowd, did the BLM pull back here because they realized they were wrong, and thus would have done the same if the protesters where unarmed and just singing Kumbaya? Or was it the calculus of an armed citizenry having the tools to force the government to reconsider the risk/reward of their position and response? IMHO the latter, but I doubt this is done yet for anyone involved including the turtles...
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb

Last edited by akv; 04-13-2014 at 19:57.
akv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 19:55   #54
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Woudn't be surprised to see someone get arrested for "domestic terrorism" under the PATRIOT act.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
Old 04-13-2014, 20:39   #55
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I strongly suspect that this isn't over yet.

TR
I read somewhere that Bill Clinton signed something where if say 600,000 acres were used for something like a wind farm, then the .GOV had to return 600,000 acres to natural habitat.....which in turn allows the .GOV to confiscate land as needed.

From what I have read it would appear this is an on going problem between ranchers and the BLM in several states, so in a manner of speaking we may have just witnessed the first shot in a war or sorts.
Old 04-13-2014, 21:00   #56
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadsword2004 View Post
You really think it could have started a larger revolt?
Certainly a regional one.

Different regions of the country have different cultures.
BLM bureaucrats unfamiliar with the culture have been running roughshod over the people of the Colorado Plateau for decades.

(Technically, the Bundys are just off the edge, but it's the same culture).

Spent the vast majority of my life on one part or another of the Colorado Plateau.
I remember when clinton administration BLM managers/policies started pissing off locals more than 20 years ago.

The locals have seen this coming the whole time.
They've also been preparing.

I suspect this incident is a microcosm of the nationwide disconnect/clash between urban and rural culture.
Democracy makes the problem worse.

Rural populations don't believe that superior numbers give urban voters the right to rule over them.
Many would prefer to be incarcerated or killed rather than be ruled by a distant government.
Old 04-13-2014, 21:20   #57
YM Cating
Auxiliary

The Feds

Something about these particular feds seemed off. I've seen a few of them in video with rough and unkempt "tacticool beards." It was my understanding that Law Enforcement in general had grooming standards. I realize that different departments maintain different standards but they didn't look like they had any standards. These guys looked a lot more like PMCs

(Oakley sunglasses, rough beards ect...)

Thoughts?
YM Cating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 21:28   #58
YM Cating
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Relaxed grooming standards are normal for some federal LE. In particular BLM USFS etc have been allowed to have long hair and beards since their outdoor culture allows it. Also many departments are allowing beards etc. My department allows beards and long hair.
Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Cheers!
Old 04-13-2014, 21:36   #59
Penn
Area Commander

Quote:
Rural populations don't believe that superior numbers give urban voters the right to rule over them.
Many would prefer to be incarcerated or killed rather than be ruled by a distant government.
That rings true, but more importantly is the disconnect between the ruling elite and what once was the middle class, arguably, the stabilizing influence of any democracy.

I would venture that we will soon see statues presented in congress that addresses and limit arm citizens protesting any gov't agency actions. Mirroring the restriction placed on citizens that confronted legislators after the passing of the affordable care act.

As a result of those confrontations, Ii is now a criminal offense to verbally confront a congressman, or senator. Image, criticism of special interest, a First Amendment right places you in harm way.

Incredible, but that is why I believe, that the confrontation concerning this issue caused the BLM to back down, they underestimated the disaffection the middle class has experienced, but they will adjust and limit any future confrontation as a criminal act, or, an act of subversion, a threat to good social order.

Somewhere on this site is a post commenting on HLS with Janet P. stating that returning veterans would be a threat to our democracy... that is all you need to know when considering the stand you are going to forced to take in the near future.

That said, I can't, for the life of me, understand why agency personnel would draw down on their fellow American citizen, its incomprehensible, but may reflect the Kent State episode 40+ years ago.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 22:04   #60
YM Cating
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penn View Post
That rings true, but more importantly is the disconnect between the ruling elite and what once was the middle class, arguably, the stabilizing influence of any democracy.

I would venture that we will soon see statues presented in congress that addresses and limit arm citizens protesting any gov't agency actions. Mirroring the restriction placed on citizens that confronted legislators after the passing of the affordable care act.

As a result of those confrontations, Ii is now a criminal offense to verbally confront a congressman, or senator. Image, criticism of special interest, a First Amendment right places you in harm way.

Incredible, but that is why I believe, that the confrontation concerning this issue caused the BLM to back down, they underestimated the disaffection the middle class has experienced, but they will adjust and limit any future confrontation as a criminal act, or, an act of subversion, a threat to good social order.

Somewhere on this site is a post commenting on HLS with Janet P. stating that returning veterans would be a threat to our democracy... that is all you need to know when considering the stand you are going to forced to take in the near future.

That said, I can't, for the life of me, understand why agency personnel would draw down on their fellow American citizen, its incomprehensible, but may reflect the Kent State episode 40+ years ago.
I think I can offer some insight into that. On page three I posted a recording between what I assume was a reporter and a BLM agent. The BLM honestly believe that what they are doing is perfectly legal and morally right. They are caught up in the Federalization of this country. I don't think it's too dissimilar to the way the Nazi's followed Hitler. The man was captivating and people just get caught up in it.

I was also watching an interview between talk show host Adam Kokesh (USMC) and Sheriff Mack. And they were talking about how some of these guys have/had good intentions but aren't properly educated. Some of them are guys who went over seas and never saw combat, never got to get their aggression out, and decided that they'd come back here and start beating on people. Some of them think it's an "us against them" war zone. But I'm sure there are those that disagree but are afraid to speak out. They know, if the Gov't can steal someones land like that they can ignore them or disappear them for questioning orders (Fired, Prison, Overseas assignment, or they can go the Ruby Ridge route.) But who knows, we might start seeing people take a stand now that the Bundy's showed the world that it isn't and won't be that easy to take their land.

The next great American Civil War very well might be around the corner. However if Mark Levin is successful with his Article 5 convention this will likely be averted.

Here's that interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0srtvBXdgxU

Last edited by YM Cating; 04-13-2014 at 22:09.