Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-12-2014, 07:46   #31
Oldrotorhead
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulCitizen View Post
The Feds are painting themselves into a corner.
Impossible to control/spin the message at this point.

If they push, it stirs up dissension.
If they yield, it just encourages more challenges.

A bridge to far.

On a side note, I wonder how all of this will affect the politics of taxing cow flatulence?
If Michelle would just change her diet.

I don't know enough of the back ground to make an informed decision about the stand off in NV. But how much Federal control is enough?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fed_land_per_state.jpg (52.8 KB, 70 views)
Old 04-12-2014, 08:43   #32
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldrotorhead View Post
I don't know enough of the back ground to make an informed decision about the stand off in NV. But how much Federal control is enough?
Nevada

http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/prog/grazing.html

http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/prog/gra...of_public.html

http://www.blm.gov/nv/st/en/fo/lvfo/...ss_cattle.html

National

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/grazing.html

http://www.blm.gov/wo/st/en/prog/more.html

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:45   #33
Stargazer
Guerrilla

Why does a rancher who has paid the permits up to 1993, stop? There can be no argument that Mr. Bundy has not paid the permits (since 1993) or followed the court orders. Opposing parties have expressed their justification for current actions.

I have heard opinions from ranchers in neighboring states who share the same concern surrounding the actions of BLM.

Were the laws not initially enacted to keep the land healthy to support the future of grazing? Wasn't that what the government promised the ranchers in exchange for their money? What started out as a necessity to protect the future and livelihood of the ranchers becomes the very threat to their survival and heritage. Sheepdogs have tipping points, I suspect the Bundy Family's has been met.

I pray reason and cool heads prevail on all sides.
"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. Doesn't matter if it's true or not.. a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in."~ Hub

Last edited by Stargazer; 04-13-2014 at 11:22.
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 10:51   #34
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

A very "one sided" source if you ask me.

Sending hundreds of law enforcement "agents" to intimidate a little old man is beyond my ability to comprehend. The encroachment of federal law into private citizen's life needs to stop.

Don't be surprised if you see me, armed, standing next to a certain cattle rancher.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:51   #35
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Water rights.

Follow the money.
Water rights are worth a great deal in the Colorado River Basin.

Seize control of the land.
Sell the water rights (to the people with the political connections).
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:44   #36
Sdiver
Area Commander

Just like the overwhelming majority of Colorado Sheriffs who will not comply with the draconian gun laws passed last year, this Nevada sheriff took a stand against the Feds and told them to "get lost."

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: Sheriff Gillespie Announces to Bundy Ranch Crowds: ‘BLM Activites Will Cease’

At 9:45am PST, Clark County Sheriff Douglas Gillespie, sharing the stage with rancher Cliven Bundy, addressed the crowd of protesters and announced that the official process has begun whereby the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) operations in and around the Bundy Ranch ‘will cease’, and the the Gold Butte area will be reopened to the public.

This potentially game-changing announcement came as total a surprise to the 2,000 strong crowd at Camp Bunkerville, many of whom were skeptical of the County Sheriff’s previously aloof stance on the BLM’s armed federal occupation and cattle rustling operation.

Cliven Bundy also demanded that the Sheriff must agree to “disarming the park service rangers”, and that the arms and equipment, structures erected by the BLM must be “torn down immediately, within the hour”.

Crowds roared and cheered as Cliven Bundy left the stage, and minutes later a line of Bundy cowboys could be seen riding their horses along the ridge above the crowds, with cattle in tow.

Now the focus will be on the BLM and federal government to see if they will withdraw in a timely manner, or indeed comply with Cliven Bundy conditions.

From this link that also has a LIVE FEED .... http://21stcenturywire.com/2014/04/1...es-will-cease/
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:00   #37
Sdiver
Area Commander

Now, on to Texas .....

Quote:
BLM Wants to Seize 90,000 Acres of Texas Ranchers’ Land

The Red River is the boundary between Texas and Oklahoma…or is it?

Byers, Texas along the Red River — The BLM stole 140 acres of the Tommy Henderson ranch thirty years ago. They took his land and paid him absolutely nothing. He sued and lost. Now the BLM is using that court case as precedent to do it again. The problem is, the land they want to seize is property that ranchers have a deed for and have paid taxes on for over a hundred years.

The BLM claims that about 90,000 acres (116 miles along the Red River) have never belonged to Texas in the first place. They will seize the land and it will seriously change the boundaries between the two states.

Since 1803 when the Louisiana Purchase was completed, there has been a controversy over the boundary between Oklahoma and Texas. The boundary is supposed to be the vegetation line on the south side of the Red River. But the River has moved over time. The problem is the definition of that boundary line- Oklahoma and Texas each use different semantics to define it. And the BLM is finding ways to use the disputed words to give them the ability to seize the land.

According to the BLM, the Red River is always Accretion (gradual accumulation of sediment) to the south, and always Avulsion (rapid formation of a new river channel) to the north. So according to the BLM, the boundary only moves one direction, never in the direction that favors the ranchers. They are looking to re-draw the entire portion of the Red River boundary. That includes 90,000 acres of land along a 116 mile stretch of the river.

“BLM officials believe they have a responsibility to manage land they believe is federal which includes an estimated 90,000 acres along 116 miles of the Red River. If land is found to be public, BLM officials say they have three options: leave the land open, closed, or open with limitations.” January 2014

Land that has been in the families of ranchers is to be seized as “public lands” that would be subject to fees or blocked off entirely from rancher’s use. Or in some cases, moving the boundary line over to Oklahoma, where Texas ranchers can lose their rights to the lands that they have owned for more than a century. The BLM had open meetings back in January to “take input” from the public …but they are moving forward with their plan to seize the land anyway. There was likely never any intention of actually listening to the rancher’s stand.

http://misguidedchildren.com/domesti...ers-land/18596

Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:27   #38
Surf n Turf
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
These "militia" groups are demonstrating poor tactics.

They need to research the chain of command for the involved decision makers (Reid?).
Then publish the personal addresses of these decision makers and rally for "protests" at the doorsteps of their homes.

Best defense is a good offense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Sending hundreds of law enforcement "agents" to intimidate a little old man is beyond my ability to comprehend. The encroachment of federal law into private citizen's life needs to stop.
GratefulCitizen,
Looks like someone has started the effort..at the operational level.
No longer anonymous shooters ala Waco, etc.
If they can't get someone to do the dirty work, maybe there will be less of it.
Glad to see the sheriff is tamping down the situation, no matter the reason.
SnT

thug.jpg

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3143424/posts

Democrats would burn down this country as long as they get to rule over the ashes

The FBI’s credibility was murdered by a sniper on Ruby Ridge; its corpse was burned to ashes outside Waco; soiled in a Delaware PC repair shop;. and buried in the basement of Mar-a-Lago..
Surf n Turf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:33   #39
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
A very "one sided" source if you ask me.
Background info on what the BLM does and how it came to be.

Riichard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 17:22   #40
Bob45nm
Quiet Professional

BOHICA

Just when you thought it was over.

Here in New Mexico: http://www.americasfreedomfighters.c...ent-land-grab/

and Texas: http://www.americasfreedomfighters.c...ranchers-land/
Old 04-12-2014, 18:37   #41
akv
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargazer
I pray reason and cool heads prevail on all sides.

Me too.

It also helps midterm elections are around the corner...
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:47   #42
YM Cating
Auxiliary

Recording

Give this a listen, clearly this officer doesn't understand States Rights. These feds honestly believe they own the country.

That aside we've seen this before. BLM has gone into places it shouldn't be and the sheriff, specifically sheriff Demeo of Nevada, forced them out. They said "well we'll come back with a SWAT team." and he said "that's okay I've got one to." (Paraphrasing Sheriff Mack)

Lot's of credit to all the Soldiers and Law Enforcement and everyday citizens who stood up for the rights of Americans and stood against an illegal and oppressive action.

It's a good day to be an American!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p0YemhFnw8
YM Cating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:07   #43
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
These "militia" groups are demonstrating poor tactics.

They need to research the chain of command for the involved decision makers (Reid?).
Then publish the personal addresses of these decision makers and rally for "protests" at the doorsteps of their homes.

Best defense is a good offense.
I'm with these people standing along side this rancher need to go to Henry Reid's house, state house and local officials offices or where ever and protects to get the word out. You see if spreading, these different areas also need to file legal counter action on top of any kind of social movement.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:20   #44
JJ2K1
Asset

I was out there this weekend, pretty wild vibe and atmosphere.

I found this posted on a different forum which is pretty much the best summary of why Clive Bundy was fighting the Feds, that the news won't seem to get right or disclose fully.

Mike Combs By SHIREE BUNDY COX:

I have had people ask me to explain my dad's stance on this BLM fight. Here it is in as simple of terms as I can explain it. There is so much to it, but here it s in a nut shell. My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972. These men bought and paid for their rights to the range and also built waters, fences and roads to assure the survival of their cattle, all with their own money, not with tax dollars. These rights to the land use is called preemptive rights. Some where down the line, to keep the cows from over grazing, came the bureau of land management. They were supposed to assist the ranchers in the management of their ranges while the ranchers paid a yearly allotment which was to be use to pay the BLM wages and to help with repairs and improvements of the ranches. My dad did pay his grazing fees for years to the BLM until they were no longer using his fees to help him and to improve. Instead they began using these money's against the ranchers. They bought all the rest of the ranchers in the area out with they're own grazing fees. When they offered to buy my dad out for a penance he said no thanks and then fired them because they weren't doing their job. He quit paying the BLM but, tried giving his grazing fees to the county, which they turned down. So my dad just went on running his ranch and making his own improvements with his own equipment and his own money, not taxes. In essence the BLM was managing my dad out of business. Well when buying him out didn't work, they used the endangered species card. You've already heard about the desert tortoise. Well that didn't work either, so then began the threats and the court orders, which my dad has proven to be unlawful for all these years. Now their desperate. It's come down to buying the brand inspector off and threatening the County Sheriff. Everything their doing at this point is illegal and totally against the constitution of the United States of America. Now you may be saying," how sad, but what does this have to do with me?" Well, I'll tell you. They will get rid of Cliven Bundy, the last man standing on the Bunkerville allotment and then they will close all the roads so no one can ever go on it again. Next, it's Utah's turn. Mark my words, Utah is next.
Then there's the issue of the cattle that are at this moment being stolen. See even if dad hasn't paid them, those cattle do belong to him. Regardless where they are they are my fathers property. His herd has been part of that range for over a hundred years, long before the BLM even existed. Now the Feds think they can just come in and remove them and sell them without a legal brand inspection or without my dad's signature on it. They think they can take them over two boarders, which is illegal, ask any trucker. Then they plan to take them to the Richfeild Auction and sell them. All with our tax money. They have paid off the contract cowboys and the auction owner as well as the Nevada brand inspector with our tax dollars. See how slick they are?
Well, this is it in a nut shell. Thanks
JJ2K1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:13   #45
MR2
Quiet Professional

This came in today's email...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bystander attacking a police dog.jpg (40.3 KB, 115 views)

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote