Old 06-17-2006, 20:35   #1
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Crye

Is it over? I was checking their website. A lot of their stuff is out of stock. You guys think it was a flash in the pan and now they're done?
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 20:55   #2
skibum
Asset

Caleb Crye was at Rogers' Shooting School last fall when I went to the carbine course. Apparently he uses the stuff alot (in a training environment) to try to get a better understanding of what the trigger-puller needs. He said that for the forseeable future, almost everything they make goes to (a) military end-user(s). He didn't specify who. It sounded like it would be a looong time before the armor is available to the general public.

However, I can't tell you any thing current, sorry.

ETA: Looks like the shirts are still avalable in many sizes, but the field pants are only available in a few oddball sizes and the combat pants aren't available at all. I can't remember any time when the combat pants were available to the general public.

Last edited by skibum; 06-17-2006 at 21:40.
skibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 07:25   #3
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

There are civies that have the combat pants. If anybody hears, I would love to know which military is using it. I like the pattern and think it's a shame if it didn't get picked up somewhere.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-22-2006, 17:24   #4
eggroll
Guerrilla

the raw material is still going out to the vendors, are you talking about final end-use products?

EGG
Old 06-22-2006, 20:26   #5
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggroll
the raw material is still going out to the vendors, are you talking about final end-use products?

EGG
Yes.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 06-23-2006, 10:21   #6
JGarcia
Guerrilla

Aren't they in cahoots with the Army of Darkness now? (BW) I remember seeing the boonie cap they designed and I thought that the ventilation system is better than the one we use. So I sent them an email a while back and they told me that they would be making some of their stuff in ACU pattern in the future.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:40   #7
Capt_G
Asset

I spoke with Gregg Thompson at SOF Week. He told me that they are redesigning the Combat Pant but gave me no idea when they would be available again. They are very busy designing protos for both Army and Marine follow on to OTV programs as well as doing some helmet work.
Capt_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 12:39   #8
Karl.Masters
Quiet Professional

NDD,

My take is that Crye is decisively engaged accross DoD at the moment working individual armor. I know they are involved with the USMC Modular Tactical Vest project, which goes to field trials next month.

Crye also involved in a response to the Army's Next Generation Body Armor project. Caleb was here in No VA last week working that, same week as SOF week, so I can say with certainty that war related efforts are keeping Crye hopping.

Crye also showed us an impressive piece of add-on armor that we were just able to award a contract for. That's part of the helmet work that CPT G is talking about.

I'm hoping that these are temporary growing pains and that they can expand production capacity to keep up with the demands. Think the current situation is due to user demand for high level of innovation that can be seen in the product line. My .02,

Karl
Karl.Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 13:14   #9
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Thanks for the updates fellows. Good to know they are in the game.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 07-23-2006, 04:42   #10
Para
Quiet Professional

Crye has limited products available. When it states "out of stock" when you look up the product, it's just for that size. You have to enter in your specific size to see availability. There is limited availability on the field shirt. A new batch of field pants are expected to arrive the end of July and combat pants by mid-August. Unfortunately, they do not allow back orders.

From what I have been told, given how horrible the ACU's are as a camoflague pattern and how well the the multi-cam pattern works, there is a push from within for USASFC to go with the Crye uniform. Elements are rebelling against the ACU's given our work enviornment. The pattern does not work and leaves one standing out like a light bulb unless you are in a gravel pit. Some units have already signed off on the switch. Time will tell on this one.
We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of suffering. You ask what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land, and air with all our might and all our strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark, lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy. You ask, What is our aim? I answer in one word: Victory Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Winston Churchill
Para is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:12   #11
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para
From what I have been told, given how horrible the ACU's are as a camoflague pattern and how well the the multi-cam pattern works, there is a push from within for USASFC to go with the Crye uniform. Elements are rebelling against the ACU's given our work enviornment. The pattern does not work and leaves one standing out like a light bulb unless you are in a gravel pit. Some units have already signed off on the switch. Time will tell on this one.
Big push at SOCOM level for MC patterns.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 13:15   #12
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Glad to hear it.

I am not a particular fan of MC, but the ACU design and pattern just plain sucks. Much easier to spot studs in the woods with the Army Jammies.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 15:37   #13
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

MC works very well down here.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 07-24-2006, 09:46   #14
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
...I am not a particular fan of MC...

TR
Sir:

Whats your problem/opinion with regards to MC and what would be your choice for the new camo pattern?

Just curious.

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc

Last edited by Surgicalcric; 07-24-2006 at 09:51.
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 15:50   #15
Pvt.Tentpeg
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
I would love to know which military is using it. I like the pattern and think it's a shame if it didn't get picked up somewhere.

I thought I saw a picture of German KSK wearing them Afghanistan. It didn't look like any of their fleck patterns.....but I could be wrong.
Pvt.Tentpeg is offline   Reply With Quote