Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 01-27-2004, 17:22   #31
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Don't worry about how much you post, there'll always be at least one person ahead of you on post count

You get three months to write an OpOrder?

REAPER!!!!!!!!!!!

No, its not. Its different. We're still working out the specifics. I'll keep you posted.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?

Last edited by NousDefionsDoc; 01-27-2004 at 17:37.
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 18:08   #32
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc

You get three months to write an OpOrder?

REAPER!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, since SFAUCC will entail six to seven days a week for the next month, and Range Control would like to have the "concept" for the live-fire on-hand as early as possible, I figured I'd make useful time out of my "snow-day" and do some of the work early. Besides I have my three-month old, this forum, and "Ghost Recon" games as my built-in distractions for tonight. Anything good on TV?
Old 01-27-2004, 18:39   #33
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I don't know about the TV, since PS.com opened, I quit watching. Much more fun here.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 20:31   #34
wally
Quiet Professional

My opord would read " pointy end down range and we ain't brining nuthin back".
wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 09:29   #35
AngelsSix
Area Commander

Quick question for you folks......I saw a person on the news yesterday that claims he was a Capt. with Delta. Since when do airline pilots give military commentaries on FOX news???

We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men - Boondock Saints

Iraq was never lost and Afghanistan was never quite the easy good war. Those in the media too often pile on and follow the polls rather than offer independent analysis. Campaign rhetoric and politics are one thing - the responsibility of governance is quite another.
- Victor Davis Hanson
AngelsSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 13:46   #36
colmurph

I'm going to assume that this place was started up so we could get away from all the children that just don't know how to be quiet and respectful when they're hanging around with adults?

"Junior Member"!!!!!........I love it! Better than FOG any day.

I must be a FOG.......I needed a strip map and a compass to find my way back here! It's that or I just have a cranky old PC that doesn't want to cooperate with my fat fingers.

Last edited by colmurph; 01-29-2004 at 14:11.
Old 01-29-2004, 13:51   #37
Martinez
The Team Sergeants Little Sister

A retired one has been known to do so in the past.

Jennifer Martinez sends

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelsSix
Since when do airline pilots give military commentaries on FOX news???
Martinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 03:05   #38
Ockham's Razor
Guerrilla

Address available upon request. But, easily located using Google. Party for all this April, BBQ will be the modus operandi. This is an attempt to coax the sly man, known as CPTAUSRET out of hiding. I promise GREAT BBQ and LIVE lobsters, this time. heh...

I'm way up north, but this is basically my fare-well party combined with a thanks to all of you. Did I mention open-bar? Did I? heh...

We will have all the trappings of a right and proper BBQ send-off. As of note we have 5 full beds to offer for this gig. We have a further 3-4 for those willing to do the sofa/bed thing. We have you covered. And I'll find you lodging here if you need it, no worries.

You can still pick, beef or pork, diuscuss amongst yourselves, But bear in mind I will still be making a chicken gumbo to die for. It is that good.

PM me if you can or cannot make it in April. I'm aiming for the first two weeks of April, you plans in general will dictate that date.

All you have to do is let me know. This is going on with or without you, (praise be to U2) etc etc...

Anyone interested just let me know and we can make a space for you. There is always room for one more... ad infinitum...

Jen, you are invited too. I thought this was the best thread to post this.

If I am in error, I know I will find out about it right quick. As I should. Good friends, food times.
Ockham's Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2004, 06:04   #39
brownapple

Sounds good, Ian. I won't make it, the trip is a little far for a quick flight.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:00   #40
AngelsSix
Area Commander

Posted by ColMurph:
Quote:
I'm going to assume that this place was started up so we could get away from all the children that just don't know how to be quiet and respectful when they're hanging around with adults?
I am going to assume that was directed at me. If you care to PM me with your comments about my personality, feel free to do so.

I apologise if this was posted in the wrong place or you do not like my sense of humor. For reference, I was referring to the Fox news interview with a man named Wade Ishimoto. Are you familiar with him?? Maybe you can shed some light on the sunject with your wisdom, sir. I personally find it slightly silly for a man to go on the news and say "former Delta Captain", as if that's the only thing that will make his word credible. I tend to not repsect that kind of person who likes to toot his horn at the expense of others.

I am not going to start a pissing contest here, I do not believe in that. But I do have a right to my opinion, even if it is not the popular one. There's a reason that they are supposed to be the "quiet professionals". They don't go around doing things like that IMHO.
Feel free to take this to PM.

V/R,

A6

We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men - Boondock Saints

Iraq was never lost and Afghanistan was never quite the easy good war. Those in the media too often pile on and follow the polls rather than offer independent analysis. Campaign rhetoric and politics are one thing - the responsibility of governance is quite another.
- Victor Davis Hanson
Old 01-30-2004, 07:21   #41
brownapple

Angels6,

Ever think that you might let the moderators here take care of such determinations? I am 100% sure they are not interested in this place following the same trend as military.com, so may I make a suggestion? If you are wondering if Col. Murph has a problem with you, email or PM him.

Personally, I think you are giving yourself way too much credit.
Old 01-30-2004, 07:38   #42
AngelsSix
Area Commander

Posted by Greenhat:

Quote:
Personally, I think you are giving yourself way too much credit.
Roger that sir, noted.

- Victor Davis Hanson
Old 01-30-2004, 08:12   #43
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by colmurph
No Sir,

It was started as a gathering place for the Special Forces Soldiers, but all are welcome to enter.

Only a handful will ever earn the right to wear the Green Beret. On this site they are given the designation of Quiet Professional. This site is owned and operated by Quiet Professionals.
This website is dedicated to them, past and present.

The Team Sergeant
Old 01-30-2004, 09:25   #44
Martinez

Thank you for the invite, Ian. Don't think I can make any traveling though. Lack of funds and kids in school.

You mentioned a fare-well party, where are you going?

Jennifer Martinez sends

Quote:
Originally posted by NewportBarGuy
I'm way up north, but this is basically my fare-well party combined with a thanks to all of you.
Old 01-30-2004, 09:39   #45
Martinez

Yes.

I think it's best to refrain from making any negative type comments regarding Mr. Ishimoto. It's just a ... bad idea.

Just my .02 though.

Jennifer Martinez sends

Quote:
Originally posted by AngelsSix
Wade Ishimoto. Are you familiar with him?

I personally find it slightly silly for a man to go on the news and say "former Delta Captain", as if that's the only thing that will make his word credible. I tend to not repsect that kind of person who likes to toot his horn at the expense of others.