Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Old 03-31-2011, 15:22   #1
S. B. Newman
Quiet Professional

Green Beret Foundations "Go Ruck" Wounded Warrior Support Pack Program

The Green Beret Foundation will soon announce the start of the Wounded Warrior Support Pack Program. The GBF is teaming with Go Ruck to send back packs filled with essentials to our wounded Special Forces Warriors when they are transferred to a medical treatment facility. Among the essentials in the packs, the GBF has decided to add a copy of my book, "The Night Eagles Soared," along with "The Making of Our Warrior" by Jeff Falkel. I believe the GBF is also including one of the Bullet Pens that Jeff makes in each pack as well.

I pray that it won't be necessary to hand the packs out! The reality of our post 9-11 conflict is such that I am afraid the packs will be needed, so therefore, please consider making a donation to the foundation. It can be done by simply purchasing a copy of my book from me or if someone wants to sponsor a Pack, this is how you can do that.

A single Pack sponsorship is $500. This can be done on the GBF website's donate now button by indicating “Pack Program” in the notes or by writing on the memo line of your check “Pack Program.” And, if you want to donate any amount towards the program indicate “Pack Program” in the notes of your donation. That will allow the GBF to track the donations.

Thanks!

Steve

Last edited by S. B. Newman; 03-31-2011 at 15:24.
S. B. Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 19:46   #2
Tatonka316
Gold Star Father

Roger that, brother! The Green Beret Foundation is truly a blessing for our wounded warriors AND their families - it is indeed an honor for me to be associated with such a marvelous organization!!! We will be engrave our bullet pens with the name of each wounded warrior, as well as some 7.62 keychains and OUR book.

Thank you for posting this, and if anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me - ANYTHING, ANYPLACE, ANYTIME!!!

molon labe
Tatonka316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 19:58   #3
S. B. Newman
Quiet Professional

Key Chains

When I met with Ray at Fort Knox he showed me his engraved bullet pens and the key chain. Very cool, I am still using my bullet pen to sign every copy of "The Night Eagles Soared." I always get a kick out of the reaction folks have to the pen when they see me using it...they always want to look at it and marvel over the ingenuity! God Bless Our Warriors, and the Green Beret Foundation!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:51   #4
TrapLine
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. B. Newman View Post
When I met with Ray at Fort Knox he showed me his engraved bullet pens and the key chain. Very cool, I am still using my bullet pen to sign every copy of "The Night Eagles Soared." I always get a kick out of the reaction folks have to the pen when they see me using it...they always want to look at it and marvel over the ingenuity! God Bless Our Warriors, and the Green Beret Foundation!
Mr. Newman, I hope that you run the ink dry in a bunch of the bullet pens as you sign the copies of your new book. I can't wait to get mine!
Old 04-06-2011, 19:29   #5
S. B. Newman
Quiet Professional

New Book!

I'm working on it brother! The next one is on its way, "Burnt Yellow and Red" and I have already outlined the third one, but haven't given it a title as of yet. I am also writing a screen play for "The Night Eagles Soared" in the hopes that I can get it in front of some decision makers. The way I see things, the better I can do with my writing the more I can do as far as supporting the Green Beret Foundation. I'm here to tell you, and everybody else, the GBF is doing some great work for our boys. It is an honor for me to just be able to say "God Bless the Green Beret Foundation!"

Oh, and call me Steve....I am just a regular guy who works for a livin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapLine View Post
Mr. Newman, I hope that you run the ink dry in a bunch of the bullet pens as you sign the copies of your new book. I can't wait to get mine!
Old 04-06-2011, 20:56   #6
Tatonka316
Gold Star Father

Trapline -- "can't wait to get" - what??? Steve's new book or a bullet pen!?!? Ha! Ha!

... I can hook you up with a bullet pen --- know the guy that makes them!

molon labe
Tatonka316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 22:04   #7
cszakolczai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatonka316 View Post
Trapline -- "can't wait to get" - what??? Steve's new book or a bullet pen!?!? Ha! Ha!

molon labe
Yeah I hear that guy makes a pretty sweet pen. Although I cant see how Anyone would want a pen made out of two used shells
hope all is well with you
Old 04-07-2011, 06:24   #8
S. B. Newman
Quiet Professional

It just goes to show ya!

People will buy just about anything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cszakolczai View Post
Yeah I hear that guy makes a pretty sweet pen. Although I cant see how Anyone would want a pen made out of two used shells
hope all is well with you
Old 04-07-2011, 11:46   #9
TrapLine
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatonka316 View Post

molon labe
Both! I have been meaning to get over to the website and order one of Junior's pens. Thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. B. Newman
Oh, and call me Steve....I am just a regular guy who works for a livin!
Steve it is from now on; however, good luck trying to fool anyone about being a "regular guy." Your QP status here proves otherwise.

Last edited by TrapLine; 04-07-2011 at 12:53. Reason: Punctuation.
TrapLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:28   #10
cszakolczai

How would one go about getting a signed copy of your book sir? Can we get one directly through you?
Old 04-07-2011, 15:11   #11
S. B. Newman
Quiet Professional

A copy of the book!

You can order a signed copy of "The Night Eagles Soared" from this link. Just clink on the title. If you do I will make a $2 donation to the Green Beret Foundation! Thank you very much for asking.

As far as ordering "The Making of our Warrior," by Jeff Falkel, I think you may have to go online at Amazon.com to find it. Not sure, but you can PM him here on this thread as the guy who knows the guy who makes bullet pens. He's the guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cszakolczai View Post
How would one go about getting a signed copy of your book sir? Can we get one directly through you?
Old 04-07-2011, 15:18   #12
S. B. Newman
Quiet Professional

Regular Guy Sorounded by Giants

Well my friend, thank you very much. Many forget, it is a privilege not a right!
The truth is I am humbled to have the privilege of being a member of the brotherhood in which I feel as though I am surrounded by giants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapLine View Post
Both! I have been meaning to get over to the website and order one of Junior's pens. Thanks for the reminder.

Steve it is from now on; however, good luck trying to fool anyone about being a "regular guy." Your QP status here proves otherwise.
Old 04-07-2011, 20:11   #13
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. B. Newman View Post
I am also writing a screen play for "The Night Eagles Soared" in the hopes that I can get it in front of some decision makers.
Ok, when your screen play is ready let me know. I happen to know a producer...maybe she can help.
Old 04-10-2011, 19:52   #14
S. B. Newman
Quiet Professional

Gypsy!

I will take you up on that! I hope to finish the screen play over the next two or three weeks. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
Ok, when your screen play is ready let me know. I happen to know a producer...maybe she can help.
Old 04-11-2011, 17:18   #15
Gypsy
Area Commander

Ok!

She's NOT a hollyweird type...trust me. Her husband was a SEAL, her dad was a UDT Frogman...so she gets it.