Old 10-01-2011, 18:30   #1
MadDogG
Asset

Piss up a rope

Yep. I thought that he was. I'm sorry. I just seem to be noticing a recurring theme on this forum. It seems to me, that certain individuals, feel it's ok to attack some one else in a message, and be rude, and then expect the other person to just let it slide. As if.....well, as if you think everyone should kiss your ass because your a member of a certain group. While what you have achieved in your lifetime is truly extraordinary and granted few can make the cut....you are still just mortal men. Time and time again I read on this site, some of you referring to not getting upset, and being able to take criticism, while all the while, you the men that us mere mortals are supposed to be looking up to, get emotionally upset when you think that some one is being disrespectful. I see a huge disconnect between the label and that self proclaimed professionalism. I mean it makes one wonder if you walk around town with a big sign that says, "Bow before the awe inspiring awesomeness that is I" You know what I mean? I know 'Read More and post less", I get that. I've read far more than I've posted. I've held my tongue on this as well. For the short time that I've been here, and the many posts that I have read, this is a recurring theme. WHile I do respect you, and your accomplishment, I do personally think you take yourselves a little too seriously, and you do not afford the same respect that you would have others give you. The next post will be somebody saying, "Respect is earned not given" and that is wrong as well. You can't earn it. It is given in small amounts until such time as you deem that person not worthy of it. Otherwise we would all be pissing on each others shoes and going to blows.

With that being said. My point of view however irrelevant to you immortal gods of the warrior tradition. Was that one of you was verbally attacking a mere mortal of a man and when he defended himself, the immortal got butt hurt, and the other immortals started crying foul. Get real. You either want men, that can stand up for themselves, or you want people to suck up, kiss your feet, and move on. You can't have it both ways. If it takes being a man who says what he means, and means what he says, to be a member of your outfit, then except it when a man stands up for himself. If he can't and has to revert to being a suck up....did you really want him anyways? I'm sure someone will come on here and tell me that I am out of line, and tell me I am warned and how many strikes I will have against me. It's ok. I have broad shoulders. I'm not 19 or 20. It takes a lot to impress me these days. If you choose to see this as an attack, or a disrespectful post that is your choice. It's the truth, and the truth will either offend you or it will change you. I wonder will you ban me for speaking my mind and calling it like I see it? Are you professional? Can you take the same criticism that you dish out? It's your house, and I am a guest, but I am curious to know, can a man, speak his mind in your house?
MadDogG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 04:30   #2
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

Wow!

I will resist the temptation to respond to your post with: "Piss up a rope!"

You think Intel Geek was treated harshly? I had to go back and re-read the string of posts to which you refer. It seemed rather innocuous to me. Obviously, it set you off on your rant that took you to some areas that mystify me.

The first is your reference to QPs thinking of themselves as "immortals"! Few people in this world are more aware of their mortality than the men of SF. While I am blessed to have not seen a single day of combat, I have had friends who were injured, many who were injured severely, and some who died during different aspects of Special Forces TRAINING. I am offended by your remarks in that regard.

You don't mention if you have served in the military. I couldn't check about that in your profile, because you do not have one. Despite all your reading, you seem to have missed the request that you fill out a profile. Perhaps you just decided to ignore it. I'd get on that task PDQ.

We do not walk down the street with a sign proclaiming our awesomeness and the demand that people bow down before us. This site is not "the street"! It is our living room. Brothers-in-arms are having a conversation and have been nice enough to invite interested people from the street to come in and join that conversation, given that they follow our rules, since (as even you are kind enough to notice) it is "our house". If one of those people doesn't like the conversation, or one of the people conversing, or the topics at hand, what that person should do is simply say "Excuse me, I need to leave" - and go.

On final reflection... piss up a rope.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:18   #3
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

OMG, we were rude to someone?

I moved this "discussion" to the general discussions forum. (I almost moved it into the comedy zone.)

If you read the rules there's a few points I'm sure you caught, this is a "Special Forces" forum, not to be confused with a "tactical forum, gun forum, police forum, martial arts forum etc."

Here you are considered a "guest". We're not here to amuse you. (Although many of you guests do that to us...)

This is our house, we speak our minds. Yeah, some of us can be a bit harsh, you would not be wrong in that assumption. Others that believe we can be a bit harsh include the taliban, terrorists, drug cartels, arab dictators, etc. Trust me, we're much harsher on them.

We don't "coddle" individuals and will call an idiot and idiot in a Texas heartbeat. Most of us have a very low tolerance for stupid. If you don't like it go elsewhere. (Might I suggest Dr. Phil, he's nice to people, all people.)
Old 10-02-2011, 11:04   #4
sinjefe
Quiet Professional

First of all.....WTF? You don't specify, other than inferences, who or what you are referring to.

So, at the risk of you getting your feelings hurt, I will say:

"pound sand"

instead of

"pound sand up your a--"
Old 10-02-2011, 11:38   #5
Pete
Quiet Professional

Sigh.....

".......Self-defense, reading, writing, playing fetch with my dog, working out, the occassional video game, increasing my knowledge, church, playing guitar, al ot of hobbies..........."

Sigh........
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:45   #6
kcphoenix
Asset

MadDogG ~ as a guest myself, I strongly disagree with what you are saying and your protrayal of the SF members. From a civilian's point of view, these men are bound by a mindset, purpose and brotherhood. The personal fortitude they must possess within themselves even prior to going into the SF training is a rare quality. To devote their lives to rigors required to become SF in order to protect our country at a level beyond what 99% of the population even knows about says a lot about a person. The mortality they know is much greater than you or I or any other person sitting here in the comforts of our own homes non directly engaging those who want nothing more than to destroy your way of life, cut your head off and send it home to your family. How many times do you leave home knowing many people are going to be trying to kill you, yet you still go? How many of your friends/brothers have you seen body parts blown off of? How many of your friends/brothers have you watched die? Until you can answer with the same response of these men, you need to stand the fuck down when it comes to portraying them as believing they are immortal. [sorry, but this one pisses me off...I've been there when many of the WIA men are medevac'd in and helped them through their recoveries and I've held the hand of some of them as they passed of those who didn't make it, so don't even begin to pretend you know anything about understanding their mortality beliefs]

Their world, SF, does not allow the 'touchy feely' shit of let me give you respect just because, nor should it have to. There is no room for that on the battlefield and they will always maintain the warrior mindset. I truly believe respect is earned, it is never just given. What's with all the bullshit entitlement mentality I see so much of now days? Do you respect everyone you meet upon first meeting them? In the SF world, I imagine that could get you killed. Hell, I'm just a civie and even I don't believe in just giving respect. These men have earned the respect by the level of dedication they have shown.

I for one don't have a problem if I say something or make a post about something and get bitch slapped for it, like I'd say to anyone else, "suck it up buttercup." I'm not going to get my panties in a wad and cry about it. I will read what was said, analyze it and either respectfully disagree or realize their point of view is legit too. Hell, sometime, maybe I can enlighten them on something too one day[]

If I don't like the host of a party or want to complain about the decor in their living room, then I simply find one I like better. I'm not going to just hang out like dog balls at the one I don't like. Personally, their living room offers a great view and I like the fresh air that flows through it.

Quite simply put...Nut Up, Cowboy!

QP's, please delete [or bitch slap me] if I've overstepped my bounds. I am certainly NOT speaking for you, just putting another civie's point of view out there.

Last edited by kcphoenix; 10-02-2011 at 11:47.
kcphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:24   #7
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

MadDogG

You know if I posted a response I might hurt someones feelings so I will not.

Screw this ...... This is our House and if you do not like it hit the road.

Follow the rules and life is great just like in our Society. If you walk in to court and do not follow the rules the Judge will hurt your feelings.
If you do not follow Driving rules the Police will hurt your feelings.
If you do not follow orders in the military the Sergeant or officers will hurt your feelings.

Life is full of things that you cause you stress and hurt feelings with what you may perceive as a harsh response. Well Man Up and get over it and follow our rules. Like others said if you do not like it pack up you play things and move on. NO ONE MAKES ANYONE STAY HERE......

SORRY IF I HURT YOUR OR ANYONE ELSE'S FEELINGS WITH MY HARSH RESPONSE.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 12:31   #8
Guy
Quiet Professional

Red face

Quote:
While what you have achieved in your lifetime is truly extraordinary and granted few can make the cut....you are still just mortal men.
Mortal men doing truly extraordinary things...

"Sounds like penis envy...."

Just saying...

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 13:18   #9
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogG View Post
Yep. I thought that he was. I'm sorry. I just seem to be noticing a recurring theme on this forum. It seems to me, that certain individuals, feel it's ok to attack some one else in a message, and be rude, and then expect the other person to just let it slide. As if.....well, as if you think everyone should kiss your ass because your a member of a certain group. While what you have achieved in your lifetime is truly extraordinary and granted few can make the cut....you are still just mortal men. Time and time again I read on this site, some of you referring to not getting upset, and being able to take criticism, while all the while, you the men that us mere mortals are supposed to be looking up to, get emotionally upset when you think that some one is being disrespectful. I see a huge disconnect between the label and that self proclaimed professionalism. I mean it makes one wonder if you walk around town with a big sign that says, "Bow before the awe inspiring awesomeness that is I" You know what I mean? I know 'Read More and post less", I get that. I've read far more than I've posted. I've held my tongue on this as well. For the short time that I've been here, and the many posts that I have read, this is a recurring theme. WHile I do respect you, and your accomplishment, I do personally think you take yourselves a little too seriously, and you do not afford the same respect that you would have others give you. The next post will be somebody saying, "Respect is earned not given" and that is wrong as well. You can't earn it. It is given in small amounts until such time as you deem that person not worthy of it. Otherwise we would all be pissing on each others shoes and going to blows.

With that being said. My point of view however irrelevant to you immortal gods of the warrior tradition. Was that one of you was verbally attacking a mere mortal of a man and when he defended himself, the immortal got butt hurt, and the other immortals started crying foul. Get real. You either want men, that can stand up for themselves, or you want people to suck up, kiss your feet, and move on. You can't have it both ways. If it takes being a man who says what he means, and means what he says, to be a member of your outfit, then except it when a man stands up for himself. If he can't and has to revert to being a suck up....did you really want him anyways? I'm sure someone will come on here and tell me that I am out of line, and tell me I am warned and how many strikes I will have against me. It's ok. I have broad shoulders. I'm not 19 or 20. It takes a lot to impress me these days. If you choose to see this as an attack, or a disrespectful post that is your choice. It's the truth, and the truth will either offend you or it will change you. I wonder will you ban me for speaking my mind and calling it like I see it? Are you professional? Can you take the same criticism that you dish out? It's your house, and I am a guest, but I am curious to know, can a man, speak his mind in your house?
Kiss my ass.
Old 10-02-2011, 13:39   #10
blue02hd
Quiet Professional

I think MaddogG is absolutely right!!! I have always felt intimidated and pressured by many of the QP's who post here, and now I know I am not only not alone but my feelings are justified thanks to the heroic and courageous post of our esteemed guest.

Hell I want to buy this man a beer!!! Problem is I wouldn't recognize him if I struck out to is neck of the woods. So I would like to announce right now that I have a bar tab with his name on it waiting at Charlie Mikes just outside of Bragg if he, or anyone else who feels slighted by the warrior elite who endlessly boast of their feats and care little about those others around them, would like to come claim it.

All you have to do is walk in and announce how fucked up Green Berets are, and that you have the shoulders and skin thick enough to speak your mind! Say it loudly and proudly! I find that the truth spoken loudly from strangers who visit is usually the most liberating!!!

I truly feel as if a new chapter in my life is about to begin!

Verified Tax Payer and Future Sex Symbol

Last edited by blue02hd; 10-02-2011 at 13:51.
blue02hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 13:54   #11
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
If you choose to see this as an attack, or a disrespectful post that is your choice. It's the truth, and the truth will either offend you or it will change you. I wonder will you ban me for speaking my mind and calling it like I see it? Are you professional? Can you take the same criticism that you dish out? It's your house, and I am a guest, but I am curious to know, can a man, speak his mind in your house?
What kind of crap is this? You can speak your mind and say whatever you want - but HERE you will be held accountable for what you say.
Your point of view regarding the truth is exactly that - your point of view. The real question is whether or not WE CARE WHAT YOU THINK. Which, I personally don't. You toss out this gauntlet of "are you Professional?... can you take criticism or will I get banned" childish bullshit. As if it is supposed to demonstrate that you should be allowed to run your suck unchecked because holding you responsible will somehow validate your lame attempt at tossing a zinger in there. If your wife asked you if she looked fat in a certain pair of jeans, you would probably say no regardless. We on the other hand say "Yup - but you asked".

You don't like it here? LEAVE. Man, what a concept! Feel free to take your puppy with you.

We police our own quite regularly on this site. People speak their minds in a debate / point - counterpoint method frequently. As long as VALID (i.e. verifiable) points are made or positions are supported, things move along appropriately. Differing opinion or not.

But you should understand your surroundings as a guest in "our house", which you obviously do not. No more than someone walking into Abu Hannifa mosque with a Bible singing Christmas Carols.

You being here is a luxury for you, and now little more than entertainment for us.

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 13:59   #12
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:

OH.....Piss Up a Rope....stomp....stomp...stomp

No offense MSG, but I find your rant reeks of whining, a bit lispy and has a Nellie twang to it.
Old 10-02-2011, 14:08   #13
Pete
Quiet Professional

Big Difference between......

Big difference between his 1st and 8th posts. Seems to have been written by two different people.

Wonder if his ex hacked his account or if that's the way he really thinks?
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 14:12   #14
MTN Medic
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Mortal men doing truly extraordinary things...

"Sounds like penis envy...."

Just saying...
Ding ding ding!

There are 1000's of other forums, I suggest you try one. You think we are harsh to outsiders, you should see how harsh we are to each other. If you really want to see harsh, you should see how hard we are on ourselves.

I don't like to be the asshole that says, "I'm taking my ball and going home," but it is our ball...
Old 10-02-2011, 14:24   #15
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
I think I have an antidote for MadDogG's problem(s)..

http://www.fullstoppain.com/index.ph...&product_id=50

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MagneticHemorrhoidTherapy.jpg (110.0 KB, 314 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote