Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > General Discussions

Old 10-27-2020, 06:41   #1681
Box
Quiet Professional

-Harry Reid changed the senate rules that were eventually used to block garland and install ACB.
-Darth Vader Ginsburg waited to retire because she wanted Bill Clintons wife to replace her because of the optics - then threatened to move to New Zealand when her candidate looked like she would lose.
-Donald Trump beat Bill Clintons wife and replaced a petty activist judge with a solid female conservative that believes in constitutional law and he swore her in on hi11aRys birthday

-Thanks democrats, sometimes your petty activism and zealotry for propagandized optics is awesome and really DOES result in good things for America.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 10-27-2020 at 06:51.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 07:37   #1682
EricV
Guerrilla

The Democrats were "Too Clever by half."
Old 10-27-2020, 08:23   #1683
frostfire
Area Commander

"My fellow Americans, even though we judges don't face elections, we still work for you. It is your Constitution that establishes the rule of law and the judicial independence that is so central to it. The Oath that I have solemnly taken tonight means at its core that I will do my job without any fear or favor, and that I will do so independently of both the political branches and of my own preferences. I love the Constitution and the democratic-republic that it establishes, and I will devote myself to preserving it."
Justice Amy Coney Barrett, 26 October 2020

What a happy thought of the day!
I wish there is a heart smilies
What a dignified, wise, and graceful Lady!

I remember when she showed her blank note after the torrential sparring session during the confirmation hearing. She could have handled all the oppositions there half asleep. She has seven children. She is used to dumb, non sensical questions Hats off to you Justice Barrett (that title sounds so badass!)

But more importantly, prayers for Justice Barrett as the opposition surely does not end after confirmation.

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 09:19   #1684
rsdengler
Area Commander

Ladies and Gentleman, it's going to be a very bumpy ride this week until Nov 3rd.....Destiny and the future of this Nation is at stake.....let it roll to the finish......

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:11   #1685
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricV View Post
The Democrats were "Too Clever by half."
I've addressed this elsewhere - but let me once again explain our politics through the beauty of mathematics and science.

"Too Clever By Half" the presumption that such a statement extends is that the democrats are only 1/2 clever. The failure of American knowledge is the belief that the sociopolitical landscape is based on the sum of its people.
That is the failure of democratic ideology - it is additive. One voter one vote and all that bullshit. As a result, democrats think that Nancy and Chuck both having half a brain adds up to one brain. Biden and Harris both having half a brain equals one brain.

WRONG

The sociopolitical spectrum is multiplicative in nature. Problems don't add up - they multiply. Hence, the "too clever by half" formula is consistently miscalculated by the left. The correct equation for "too clever by half" is:
1/2 clever MULTIPLIED by 1/2 clever

The answer will surprise most people.
1/2 x 1/2 = 1/4

That's right bitches - 1/2 clever MULTIPLIED by 1/2 clever = 1/4 clever
People wonder why democrats walk around behaving as though they are 75% idiot and now you know why.
You want to REALLY lose sleep tonight over the "too clever by half" equation...

Using the "Too Clever By Half" formula, ponder the following equation:
joebiden MULITPLIED by kamalaharris MULITPLIED by nancypelosi MULITPLIED by chuckschumer EQUALS a paltry 1/16 clever

That means that the top four democrats in our government when multiplied together using a "too clever by half" formula produce leadership that mathematically equates to a 94% Circus Freak

Do the math if you think I am wrong.............
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

Last edited by Box; 10-27-2020 at 11:13.
Old 10-27-2020, 16:41   #1686
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I voted today.

Early voting, in-person, no lines.

S.
I early voted in person a couple of weeks ago, stood in line for 1 hour. Didn't bother me a bit. When I walked out the line was as long as it was when I got there. Cars were still pulling into the parking lot. One of the guys said it had been insanely busy. I was glad to hear it.
Old 10-27-2020, 17:21   #1687
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
I early voted in person a couple of weeks ago, stood in line for 1 hour. Didn't bother me a bit. When I walked out the line was as long as it was when I got there. Cars were still pulling into the parking lot. One of the guys said it had been insanely busy. I was glad to hear it.
I voted last week. I tried to vote for 10 days but the lines were toooooo long. Each day I would drive by in the AM and then again in the PM. Finally went to a place down in the combat zone and just walked in and out in 15 min. They were steady but kept things moving.

Glad to see so many voting...... now let’s see what happens next week
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 18:05   #1688
Requiem
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
That's great, Gypsy!

I'd never voted early before and was a little concerned with my ballot sitting around for a week somewhere, but I was reassured to see the way it had to be signed, sealed, recorded, etc. before I dropped it in the box.

Susan
Old 10-27-2020, 19:39   #1689
Penn
Area Commander

Box
Quote:
That's right bitches - 1/2 clever MULTIPLIED by 1/2 clever = 1/4 clever
People wonder why democrats walk around behaving as though they are 75% idiot and now you know why.
You want to REALLY lose sleep tonight over the "too clever by half" equation...

Using the "Too Clever By Half" formula, ponder the following equation:
joebiden MULITPLIED by kamalaharris MULITPLIED by nancypelosi MULITPLIED by chuckschumer EQUALS a paltry 1/16 clever
I don't know when I'll visit Bragg again, but if you collect a group of brothers (<14) to settle world affairs, rearrange TRADOC, and discuss the known universe and other important matters of state, I'll pick up the bar tad.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 19:48   #1690
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

I’ll just be happy if Box remembers the difference between administering 1mg/kg of epinephrine to a 200lb patient or 10mg/kg or epinephrine to a 200lb patient in cardiac arrest depending on the type of epinephrine he has in his M5 Bag.

Other than that his math is spot on!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 20:03   #1691
EricV
Guerrilla

Box, I've read that 4 times now, each time a couple of hours apart and I laugh every time!!

Then I think about your calculations and Congress...

BTW guys, I had a front window shot out by a pellet gun about 10 days ago. I noticed somebody "Marked" my mail box with a bit of white paint. If you remember reading about some of my adventures in the park and grocery store, you'll understand why I'm starting to feel a little bit like a aluminum trailer park in a tornado zone.

Election day can't come soon enough. Trump loses and I'll be locking and loading to resist the ride to the re-education camp.
Old 10-27-2020, 20:12   #1692
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
I’ll just be happy if Box remembers the difference between administering 1mg/kg of epinephrine to a 200lb patient or 10mg/kg or epinephrine to a 200lb patient in cardiac arrest depending on the type of epinephrine he has in his M5 Bag.

Other than that his math is spot on!

M5 bag ??
Seriously ?
You know those things don't have ANY velcro on them - no fastex buckles - and they dont come in multi-cam...
...you'll die of old age if you are waiting for a modern day 18D to show up carrying an M5 bag.

M5 bag - thats a hoot.

Anyway, on a more medical note - you make administration of epinephrine sound so complicated - well, I'm an old-school ACLS graduate and I like to keep it simple - I only carried the preloaded syringes - you dont have time to waste in a crisis - here's how I remember it...

When you're giving an injection of adrenalin straight to someone's heart you cant forget about the breastplate n front of their heart, so you gotta pierce through that.

What you gotta do is bring the needle down in a stabbing motion - you only gotta do it once, but it's got to be hard enough to get past that breastplate and into the heart.

Once you do that, you press down on the plunger and they come out of it - just like that.
...pretty trippy

Old 10-27-2020, 20:21   #1693
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

LMFAO so hard my wife told me to stop!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 18:01   #1694
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post

Glad to see so many voting...... now let’s see what happens next week
Agree. Fingers and toes crossed at this point.
Old 10-28-2020, 18:04   #1695
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
That's great, Gypsy!

I'd never voted early before and was a little concerned with my ballot sitting around for a week somewhere, but I was reassured to see the way it had to be signed, sealed, recorded, etc. before I dropped it in the box.

Susan
I have always gone on election day myself but decided to go early this time. Glad I did. They even asked for ID! Personally I think you should have to show it to vote.