Old 10-07-2008, 07:23   #31
Surgicalcric
Quiet Professional

h2oskymedic:

Please review the email you received upon registering here and follow the instructions contained therein prior to posting again...

Crip

"Its not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me" -Batman

"There are no obstacles, only opportunities for excellence."- NousDefionsDoc
Surgicalcric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 19:53   #32
Eaglesiniowa
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydoc60A5G View Post
I worked at the Medical Platoon in the Service Company '82-'86 at 12th Group HQ in Arlington Heights IL, but drilled some with the Forward Med Ops Team in Tulsa. Never saw any dogs though....It was pretty impressive at the time...enough to get me later to Benning, Bragg, and several other very interesting places.....and to work with incredible people. I carry my Coin every day......you'd be surprised how often I get to use it ...

How many of you still carry your Coins?

SkyDoc
Hey Doc, i was at the 12th '80 through '89; 82-84 in the Gp 3 shop and 84-87 as team commander in B/1/12, so i know we ran into each other on occasion. Still have my coin(s). Now in my collection, just carry a generic one in case of Alzheimers.
Eaglesiniowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 20:22   #33
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesiniowa View Post
Hey Doc, i was at the 12th '80 through '89; 82-84 in the Gp 3 shop and 84-87 as team commander in B/1/12, so i know we ran into each other on occasion. Still have my coin(s). Now in my collection, just carry a generic one in case of Alzheimers.
Please read the e-mail you received when you registered and comply.

DO NOT POST ANY MORE UNTIL YOU DO YOUR INTRO.

Thanks SF_BHT
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 15:36   #34
Floyd
Asset

I was a member of GSC at Arlington Hts,1992 to de-activation. Before that I was with the rigger unit out of Gary,Indiana so I got to straphang quite a bit with 12th Grp.

I still have a couple of my original coins plus the numbered ones we were given upon de-activation. I also have a shirt that someone had made with the coin on the back along with the years 12th Grp existed.
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 16:48   #35
skydoc60A5G
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
I was a member of GSC at Arlington Hts,1992 to de-activation. Before that I was with the rigger unit out of Gary,Indiana so I got to straphang quite a bit with 12th Grp.

I still have a couple of my original coins plus the numbered ones we were given upon de-activation. I also have a shirt that someone had made with the coin on the back along with the years 12th Grp existed.
Any chance of finding one of the numbered deactivation coins? ...Are there any available?

"Homo sum: humani nihil a me alienum puto."
skydoc60A5G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:39   #36
Floyd
Asset

Quote:
Any chance of finding one of the numbered deactivation coins? ...Are there any available?

Very doubtful. When they were given to us our name and the number on the coin was recorded we also signed the roster.
Floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 19:29   #37
skydoc60A5G
Asset

Do you have any photos of your deactivation coin?

"Homo sum: humani nihil a me alienum puto."
skydoc60A5G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 20:56   #38
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Do you have any photos of your deactivation coin?
Do you want to take this to PM?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 13:01   #39
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

If any of you guys are interested, Chapter 37 in Chicago has a bunch of 12th Group guys that you may want to contact regarding any questions you may have with reference to their chapter...................

GB TFS
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII

Last edited by greenberetTFS; 06-17-2009 at 19:12.
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 19:45   #40
Cas
Asset

Howdy all. I was at Hamilton between 84-88 in Commo. Did alot of time at Truckee (Chen's DZ). Found a box of pics of when we placed the stone and made me think of times past. Lost contact with most. Last reunion I did was in Walnut Creek for breakfast a few years back. Feel free to PM or Email.

Cas
Cas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 13:59   #41
doshei
Asset

ODA 1275 3/12 SFG(A)

I was an 18B on 315/1275 in the late 80s early 90s at Hamilton AAF.

Don O'Shei
doshei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 00:52   #42
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

C Co, 2nd Bn, 12th SFGA - Jump at Camp Pendleton

These pictures were taken during '75 (I think). It is Det 4 (Phoenix) of Co C, 2nd Bn, 12th SFGA (out of Van Deman Hall, San Diego - Maj Art Armstrong commanding).

Pic #1 - Attack of the "roach coach"! (At left, in shades - Sgt Davis, 91B; in center, sans cover - SSG Schieffele, Sr. 05B; to right, looking stupid - Sgt Reynolds, Supply Sgt; in center, sitting - SSG Savage, Sr. 12B; to his right, in beret - Sgt Cook, Jr O5B.
#2 - Pre-Jump run
#3 - SSG Doran - ready to go!
#4 - Det 4's XO - 1LT Tom "Hogleg" Hampton
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roach Coach-Jump.jpg (11.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Run-Jump .jpg (8.6 KB, 57 views)
File Type: jpg SSG Doran-Jump.jpg (9.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg Hogleg Hampton.jpg (11.4 KB, 54 views)
Old 10-09-2009, 01:09   #43
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

More 12th Group

These pictures were taken in '75 or '76 when Det 4 (Phoenix) and Det 5 (Tucson) went to Camp Pendleton and conducted RB training with the rest of Co C, 2nd Bn (not to be confused with the "Hollywood" Bn - Co C, 3rd Bn - out of LA )

Pic #1 - Paddling practice: Starboard side, bow to stern = Sgt Cook, Jr O5B; SSG Savage, Sr 12B; Sgt Bowers (Det 5, Tucson, NonQual) / Port side, bow to stern = SSG Rojo, Tm Sgt; SSG Doran, Sr Wpns; SFC Delp, Intel Sgt / Coxswain = Cpt Alguire, Det Cdr
#2 - Det Cdr (coxswain) didn't see the hole in the steel plating as RB was launched
# 3 - "#1's OUT!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paddling Practice.jpg (11.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg Ouch.jpg (11.3 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg # Ones - OUT.jpg (10.1 KB, 51 views)
Old 10-09-2009, 02:07   #44
Matsonian
Quiet Professional

12th

ODA 125 1981 to 1990, Arlington Hts. lot of good memories and old friends.
Matsonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 13:46   #45
ZonieDiver
Quiet Professional

I'll be attending SFA Ch 75's annual picnic in San Diego on 10 July. Lots of 12th Group guys in that chapter. Anyone in the area who wants to attend can contact Ch 75 through the SFA website or PM me.