Old 04-27-2020, 19:12   #2566
Jperrine
Quiet Professional

Former 18D recently introduced

Former 18D and member of the infamous "dirty dozen" 300f1 class of '92. If anyone recognizes me from there or maybe ODA 376/373 in the Haiti/Uganda days give me a shout! Currently working as a family practice NP (although in orthopedics right now). Every day is a great day to be retired.
Jperrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:27   #2567
glebo
Quiet Professional

Another 3d Herder, Welcome aboard. Lots of good stuff on here..
Old 05-09-2020, 15:04   #2568
Jperrine
Quiet Professional

Hey 3rd Grp check the thread so somebody can save me from this lame-ass "asset" identifier. Let me know if I should post a pic of my DHG Buck knife.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:27   #2569
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jperrine View Post
Hey 3rd Grp check the thread so somebody can save me from this lame-ass "asset" identifier. Let me know if I should post a pic of my DHG Buck knife.
Well, get off your "lame ass"....lol and look up an admin and present your bonafides to him, via PM, or on here and request to be vetted..

Easy peasy.

Darn 3d herders...
Old 05-13-2020, 14:52   #2570
Jperrine
Quiet Professional

Thx for the tip Glebo. I was misinformed on how the process worked. I think I’m on track now.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:07   #2571
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jperrine View Post
Thx for the tip Glebo. I was misinformed on how the process worked. I think I’m on track now.
No worries, you're a medic..so....
Old 06-10-2020, 19:23   #2572
pmandal
Asset

Update

I posted an introduction a while ago before I joined the Army so I'll post an update.

I commissioned from OCS back in January and got my top branch choice, Infantry. I will graduate IBOLC in 6 weeks if I can pass the 5 mile run in 40 minutes (I barely passed the first time around running it in 39:44). IBOLC has put me in pretty bad shape so I once again need to work on my fitness.

I have received my orders and I'm going to the 11th ACR at Ft. Irwin. I have mixed feelings about this; being OPFOR will be a great experience for me but I have virtually no chance to deploy and I'll have to deal with California gun laws.

Once I graduate, I'm going to the Bradley Leadership Course, then Airborne, and then Ranger. I really want that tab and will work my ass off to prep for it, but as of now I know that my fitness is not my odds of making it through RAP week are slim.

I definitely have had a bit of a reality check on whether I have what it takes to get through SFAS. As of now, the answer is a definate no but there is no reason why that can't change before I hit 1LT promotable.
pmandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:46   #2573
JTX4322
Asset

Greetings everyone,

I recently graduated college and have signed an 18X contract, where I will ship out in about a month. I'm incredibly lucky to have this opportunity and have trained incredibly hard to get the most out of my myself; both physically and mentally. I'm very happy to have found this forum with its wealth of information, and will continue to soak up everything I can before shipping. I look forward to my time here and appreciate everyone's service here to our great country.

Thank you
JTX4322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 13:36   #2574
jf69
Asset

35M looking toward the future

I am currently in my early 20’s and a lower enlisted HUMINTer in the National Guard. I come to this forum seeking knowledge and perhaps a mentor after I decide more precisely what I want my career to look like moving forward.

Army-wise, I have done my initial entry stuff, DLI (3/3/2 in Farsi and Dari), and basic airborne course. I am now one weekend a month in a run-of-the-mill guard unit. Aside from the Guard duties, I study International Relations and Middle Eastern languages full time in university. Upon graduation next year, my plan is to get an enlisted deployment under my belt before applying to OCS and beginning a graduate program.

In the next few years, I hope to continue progressing physically and career-wise so that I have adequate knowledge and ability to contribute to the military’s mission. I am currently most interested in the SF or special assignments routes. I feel my biggest hurdles in getting selected for either type of work are my total unfamiliarity with small unit tactics, radios, land-navigation and just about all the traditional army stuff. Physically I'm good (but not great), though speed is a work in progress.

I am looking forward to browsing these forums to see what possibilities exist for young officers and the best ways I can prepare for such opportunities. In addition to consuming knowledge, I look forward to giving my input when requested on subjects I know, such as DLI and airborne school.

Thanks for reading,
B

Last edited by jf69; 03-04-2021 at 11:11.
jf69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 08:23   #2575
cst
Asset

Introduction

IIIIIIIIIIII

Last edited by cst; 10-16-2020 at 00:12.
cst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:57   #2576
RonaldW
Asset

Introduction

I am 27, and the reason why I signed up for this forum is because I am generally curious about SF guys as well as the SF lifestyle as well. Though I have done my own research on these matters, I felt that the best place to learn about this sphere would be on here, from former experienced SF soldiers. I intend to ask questions for any clarifications that I need as well about the line of work that you guys do.

As for a little bit about myself, I have a undergraduate degree and Master's degree, both in Business Analytics. Furthermore, I am working on trying to get another master's degree right now, as well.
RonaldW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:52   #2577
p3cooper
Asset

Greetings

Glad to be among family in here. Spent my time with 5th SFG(A) and currently serve as the Executive Director of the Green Beret Foundation. Don't hesitate to reach me if needed.
p3cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:59   #2578
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3cooper View Post
Glad to be among family in here. Spent my time with 5th SFG(A) and currently serve as the Executive Director of the Green Beret Foundation. Don't hesitate to reach me if needed.
Welcome all!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 05:04   #2579
Maligator
Asset

Introduction

26-year-old medical student. After spending nearly a decade working towards becoming a physician I am starting to consider a career change. I will finish my medical training before leaving the field (gotta finish what I started and I have a responsibility to my family to reconcile the massive student loan debt I have acquired). That being said I am ultimately here for information that will help me explore the idea of trying out for SF.
Maligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:47   #2580
glebo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maligator View Post
26-year-old medical student. After spending nearly a decade working towards becoming a physician I am starting to consider a career change. I will finish my medical training before leaving the field (gotta finish what I started and I have a responsibility to my family to reconcile the massive student loan debt I have acquired). That being said I am ultimately here for information that will help me explore the idea of trying out for SF.
Not to bust ya out, but after trying 10 yrs to pursue something, then switch gears, and dragging along as you say "massive student loan"...

I would take a good hard look inward. I wish you the best of luck, but I don't really think you know what you want to do....ya just don't go to SF as a "whim"..

Read, a lot, and see if you have what it takes to put forth effort 110% of the time. Not just in TRAINING to become SF, but BEING SF...

Good luck