Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Professional Soldiers ® "Hall of Shame" > "Hall of Shame Inductees"

Old 07-08-2014, 07:04   #1
Snaquebite
Area Commander

"Bo McCormick, Special Forces, Green Beret Fraud"

Meet Robert Stanley “BO” McCormick the founder of the Florida SFMC, Robert Stanley “BO” McCormick was wearing unauthorized badges and not SF qualified, nor Scuba qualified. An investigation was conducted, and found this to be true. [ I think it's important for everyone to know that the SFMC is originally from Colorado, not Florida, has no affiliation with Bo McCormick or the riding club he created down Florida.]
As far as his unauthorized badges, Robert Stanley “BO” McCormick wears a SF Tab and Scuba Badge on his “colors”.
SWC G-3 was contacted and there is no record of him having graduated from Scuba School or SFQC.
Additionally he gave the SFMC copies of his DD 214 and his DA 20. There is no annotation of the SQI W7 nor award or annotation of SQI S. By his own admission, he failed the SFQC 12B, in August of 1966.
His 214 lists him as an E-5 76Y20 and parachutist qualified. His DD 20 has him in a duty position of 76Y4S. He served in it as an unqualified E-5.

His replies to the allegations are as follows:
*He lost his records.
*He quit the SFQC because his child had the shits.
*He was awarded the S by Colonel Beck (I guess because he was a good guy?).
*By his own admission, he failed the SFQC 12B, in August of 1966 but stated "I feel that my experience in 10th Group makes me Special Forces Qualified". NOT!!!!!!! Ahh, the Holiday Inn Express excuse. That's a one.

He completed a civilian PADI SCUBA class in Germany, so he felt that he could just wear the Combat Diver badge.

Bo McCormick still insists that he feels he deserves the right to call himself SF because of all the time he spent in 10th Special Forces. This in itself is ridiculous.

"Bo McCormick, Special Forces, Green Beret Fraud"

Click image for larger version

Name:	tng group.jpg
Views:	2742
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	28418

Name:	McCormick1.jpg
Views:	2225
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	28419

Name:	McCormick2.jpg
Views:	1645
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	28420

Name:	recordsummary.jpg
Views:	1684
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	28421

Name:	2-1.jpg
Views:	1419
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	28422

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"

Last edited by Snaquebite; 07-08-2014 at 07:54.
Snaquebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:25   #2
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Message from the REAL SFMC

Quote:
Having been recently enlightened to the outing of a fraudulent Special Forces Soldier the TRUE Special Forces Motorcycle Club, LLC would like to make the following statement in order to clarify position and to express our gratitude for the efforts of all who do this valuable work.
The Special Forces Motorcycle Club, a true three patch traditional MC, was founded in Colorado Springs in early 2004 and is not to be confused with the organization created in Florida and associated with the now exposed fraud, Bo McCormick. Although the work Bo McCormick’s “club” has done in the past appears to be legitimate and valuable this disturbing discovery completely fragments any positive outcome to the past efforts of the trusting legitimate Green Berets working beside or associating with McCormick.
The SFMC was founded by FULLY vetted active and retired green berets from The Special Forces Regiment. The SFMC, as a traditional three patch MC, is a member of the Colorado Confederation of Clubs, and honors and follows the protocols and traditions of real MC's. All SFMC members are fully vetted before ever being voted in to become a prospect. After an intense prospect period that focuses on education on their new operational environment, the prospect must be voted in to become a full patch member. The SFMC, is a highly disciplined, highly educated MC that contributes greatly to the MC community and holds a brotherhood stronger than any ODA its members were ever on. The "Quiet Professionals" of the real SFMC, are respected by their fellow clubs for our actions, discipline and dedication to the entire biker community and the SFMC Mission Statement.
Finally, the revelations surrounding the outing of Bo McCormick are despicable and an embarrassment to the entire community. We would like to express our sincere thanks and appreciation for the efforts of all of those involved in the outing of this fraud. It requires many hours of work by many dedicated individuals to get this kind of valuable work done. The damage of “Stolen Valor” runs deep and far reaching and should never be left unchecked. Thank you all. De oppresso liber, SFMC

"If one day you decide to know yourself...you'll have to choose the warrior path...You'll reach the darkness of your spirit.... Then, if you overcome your fears....You will know who you are."

"De Oppresso Liber"
Old 07-08-2014, 18:03   #3
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Bo McCormick, Special Forces, Green Beret Fraud

I remember the bottom feeder Bo McCormick attempting to assist in the outing of Derrell Gardner (Also a member of the Hall of Shame)
Funny now the shoe is on the other foot.

"I feel that my experience in 10th Group makes me Special Forces Qualified"

What a f**king joke. Now the world knows about you and your lies you bottom feeding scumbag.

Fort Myers mayoral hopeful's claim may violate law Record shows no Special Forces stint
By Gabriella Souza • gsouza@news-press.com • July 17, 2009

The man who authored the Stolen Valor Act said he believes it is possible Fort Myers mayoral candidate Derrell Gardner could be prosecuted under his law's guidelines.

On his Web site, Gardner claims he was in Special Forces. His military record gives no indication he completed Special Forces training, and former Special Forces soldiers say this shows he never served in the elite unit.

The Stolen Valor Act is a federal law enacted in 2006 that makes it illegal to falsely claim any military decorations and medals.

Military historian Doug Sterner said because Gardner would have received a decoration for completing Army Special Forces training he is in violation of the act.
"My thinking when I wrote the bill ... was because there was a badge associated (a situation such as this) was covered," Sterner said from his home in Pueblo, Colo.

Bo McCormick, 64, founder of the nonprofit Special Forces Motorcycle Club, Inc. in Fort Myers, has requested the FBI research whether Gardner violated the Stolen Valor Act.Gardner could not be reached for comment Thursday.
His military record gives no indication he completed Special Forces training.

But Sterner said it is doubtful the FBI will pursue the case. It gets about 50 cases a week, he said, and what Gardner is claiming is not as extreme as other cases. Sterner himself only passes on to the FBI one out of every 15 cases he receives.
"On a scale," he said, "this would not qualify as extremely egregious."

Mel Smith disagrees. Smith, the executive director of the North Carolina-based Special Forces Association, said from his experience the FBI will investigate any claim regardless of how seriously the Stolen Valor Act was violated.
"If they're breaking the law, the (FBI is) going to go after them," he said.

Smith said usually when someone goes into Special Forces he has to guarantee he will be in the Army for one or two more years. Gardner's record shows he was released from active duty nine days after he left Special Forces training.
Plus, Smith said he has e-mailed Gardner several times asking him to explain his military background, but Gardner has not responded.
"His records don't match up," Smith said, "for what it takes to be in SF."
Gardner was found guilty of battery in 2001 against his wife at the time, Denise Gardner. Court records show the judge withheld adjudication of guilt, which means the case will not appear on Gardner's criminal record.
Gardner's fellow mayoral candidate Jenna Persons called in an e-mail for Gardner to produce his military record or admit his wrong.
Otherwise, she wrote, he should step out of the race.
"This city cannot focus on policy issues as long as Gardner's credibility is the main issue," Persons wrote. "Gardner cannot add anything to the policy debate unless he has first established credibility."
Old 07-08-2014, 18:30   #4
PRB
Quiet Professional

They make a fine fire team....
PRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 05:48   #5
Snaquebite
Area Commander

Coverage is going viral on Bo McCormick, Special Forces, Green Beret Fraud

Guardian of Valor was contacted by a reporter from the Fort Meyers press wanting more info due to their coverage on some of Bo's "fundraisers"
https://www.facebook.com/StolenValor?fref=ts

Military Phonies
http://scotty-stolenvaloroffendersex...k-us-army.html

This Ain't Hell
http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=53384

Special Forces Poser Patrol
https://www.facebook.com/groups/425723287513117/

"De Oppresso Liber"
Old 07-10-2014, 08:04   #6
TrapperFrank
Quiet Professional

I am disappointed, Bo ain't rockin' a CIB or Ranger Tab....LOL
TrapperFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 08:37   #7
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
I glad his friends are standing up for him..

Quote:
John "Faker 6" Giduck says:
July 7, 2014 at 6:02 pm
I like this guy…if only because he managed to gut out military service beyond day 58. If he’d only claimed something oddly Spetsnaz with the diving course and written a book, he might have been home free.

I stand behind Robert Stanley McCormick 100%. I’ll never leave my friend’s behind.

sincerely

John “Faker 6″ Giduck
Comments: This Ain't Hell

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote