Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 09-03-2019, 17:30   #1
rubberneck
Area Commander

Walmart gets Woke

With no regard for a large portion of their customer base Walmart has decided to ban the sale of all rifle and handgun ammo in addition to banning open carry in their stores even where its legal. I rarely stop at Walmart but after this they are on my do not patronize list right next to Dicks.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/walm...shootings.html

Last edited by rubberneck; 09-03-2019 at 21:39.
rubberneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 19:41   #2
Paslode
Area Commander

More will follow Walmarts lead in one way, shape or form.

Walmart quit selling AR's, it is now discontinuing 223/556 and handgun ammo. Dick's shutdown firearms sales. Some banks/credit cards are refusing to allow firearms and firearms related purchases.

It's going to get more and more interesting the closer we get to November 2020.
Old 09-03-2019, 20:05   #3
Basenshukai
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
More will follow Walmarts lead in one way, shape or form.

Walmart quit selling AR's, it is now discontinuing 223/556 and handgun ammo. Dick's shutdown firearms sales. Some banks/credit cards are refusing to allow firearms and firearms related purchases.

It's going to get more and more interesting the closer we get to November 2020.
Could this be a liability thing?
Old 09-04-2019, 04:28   #4
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basenshukai View Post
Walmarts legal advisors (especially if they are left leaning) may have hedged in liability direction in regards to the no carry in stores. The discontinuing selective ammo types/calibers from the stores shelves seems more like a PR move and buckling to the anti-gun movement. It would seem to me that now Walmart has flinched on several perceived 'Evil Calibers' it opens the door for Bloomberg types to press Walmart to further erode the types of firearms and ammo they have available on their shelves.

But there is another aspect of liability to keep in mind. Companies like Walmart and Dicks have deep pockets, they can fight lawsuits and Bloomberg types if they so choose....so anytime a time large and powerful company like Walmart pulls out, the lability shifts towards smaller companies who do not have the financial resources for court battles.

Last edited by Paslode; 09-04-2019 at 04:30.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 06:10   #5
Box
Quiet Professional

wallyworld has been shilling for the left for years - this is no big surprise

...in other news - climate scientists are reporting that global warming will cause the sun to set off the coast of California later this evening
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:15   #6
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basenshukai View Post
That would be my thoughts....it is a smart move even if I do not like capitulation, but a gesture towards the sentiment that keeps them in favor of the left.....I doubt that they could be significantly harmed financially over the long haul by the left they are dug in like ticks in communities around the U.S. and have effectively let Target(Tar jay) have the cities and slightly more expensive uppity clientele, their nitch is the blue collar working class and lower economic social groups. I am certain they are trying to stay off the political warfare screen by hedging to the crazy activists of the two who will do their best to damage a company.

I can foresee if this ever blows over WalMart re-engaging the sale at a later time when the subject cools down.
Old 09-04-2019, 17:11   #7
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post

...in other news - climate scientists are reporting that global warming will cause the sun to set off the coast of California later this evening
I read in all this 1 in 5 bullets are sold at Walley World...? That is difficult to believe, for me. One time I purchased a few boxes of 9mm out of convenience on the way to some target shooting, for S&Giggles I inquired about a heavier grain version also... when I got to the range I discovered he had given me a couple boxes of 40s IIRC that was the last time I purchased any ammunition there... a bit like all the weapons I purchased at dicks, all none of them.
Posturing in my opinion, perhaps even a good idea, if your reading between the lines.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 17:51   #8
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
And this may explain why:

Quote:
Here’s the bio of the current Walmart, US, CEO:

“Greg joined Walmart International in 2011 where he served in a number of capacities including as president and chief executive officer of Walmart China up until he assumed his current role. Before joining Walmart, Greg held a number of positions with Woolworths, the leading retailer in Australia and New Zealand. Greg has attended advanced management programs at Harvard University and the University of Virginia. He also holds a diploma in management from the New Zealand Institute of Management in Auckland, New Zealand.
I'm pretty sure this would not be happening if John Walton hadn't be killed in 2005.

There may be a reality check for them here in Sierra Vista with half the census population being Soldiers on Huachuca and much of the other half veterans or military retirees.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 19:52   #9
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post

I'm pretty sure this would not be happening if John Walton hadn't be killed in 2005.

There may be a reality check for them here in Sierra Vista with half the census population being Soldiers on Huachuca and much of the other half veterans or military retirees.
To be honest I think you overestimate the loyalty to the second amendment of soldiers and veterans....they will still shop at WalMart the price is right for working class and on top of that we on the center right are not crazy idealistic activist who sacrifice for a virtue.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:54   #10
Razor
Quiet Professional

Went to the local Walmart yesterday and bought 2x 500 rd bulk boxes of 9mm, a few bulk boxes of .45, and some cheap bulk boxes of aluminum cased .223 to give it a try. I guess Walmart will become socially responsible just as soon as they finish recouping their investment in their ammo inventory.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 14:23   #11
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Went to the local Walmart yesterday and bought 2x 500 rd bulk boxes of 9mm, a few bulk boxes of .45, and some cheap bulk boxes of aluminum cased .223 to give it a try. I guess Walmart will become socially responsible just as soon as they finish recouping their investment in their ammo inventory.
That's what they said..no sales...just not going to purchase new stock.

I gave up buying ammo from ChinaMart, could never get anyone to come open the damn case. I buy all my ammo at sgammo.com these days.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2019, 19:24   #12
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post

I don't know if John Walton could have influenced Walmart at this time. However, he was a fine American and a patriot.