Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > National Guard SF Groups > 19th Group

Old 07-08-2012, 19:29   #46
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonieDiver View Post
While not related to this particular thread, I will most emphatically echo that sentiment: God, I love this site!
Me too........

Big Teddy
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
greenberetTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 15:13   #47
smorales
Asset

Information Validation for upcoming SFRE

Hello everyone,

I contacted A/5-19th SFG(A) earlier today in regards to the upcoming SFRE on NOV 30th - DEC 2nd 2012 @ Camp SLO. I was only able to talk to a support NCO and he said to just show up with the proper paperwork and equipment. Just trying to make sure I was not given wrong information that there is no "sign up" sheet and just to show up with proper equipment/paperwork.

Thank you.
smorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 22:50   #48
Horrible
Asset

Taking the SFRE on active duty

Good day. I'd like to preface this by saying that Im active duty, and currently deployed. Normally I'd just pick up the phone and call A 5/19th directly, but because of the aforementioned details thats just a little difficult. I've also emailed a QP with this question but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Anyway: How does the NG deal with active duty SFRE participants? The 5/19 SFRE takes place in early December, and I will EAS in July. If I do well at the SFRE, is it simply going to be a matter of "We'll pick you up when you EAS" or am I totally out of luck and have to wait for the next SFRE? I absolutely know this is what I want to do, and Im not opposed to having to do an SFRE twice if necessary. I'd just like to know if that will be the case.
Horrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:31   #49
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorales View Post
Hello everyone,

I contacted A/5-19th SFG(A) earlier today in regards to the upcoming SFRE on NOV 30th - DEC 2nd 2012 @ Camp SLO. I was only able to talk to a support NCO and he said to just show up with the proper paperwork and equipment. Just trying to make sure I was not given wrong information that there is no "sign up" sheet and just to show up with proper equipment/paperwork.

Thank you.
You need to post an introduction in the proper place before posting again.
18C4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:34   #50
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horrible View Post
Good day. I'd like to preface this by saying that Im active duty, and currently deployed. Normally I'd just pick up the phone and call A 5/19th directly, but because of the aforementioned details thats just a little difficult. I've also emailed a QP with this question but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Anyway: How does the NG deal with active duty SFRE participants? The 5/19 SFRE takes place in early December, and I will EAS in July. If I do well at the SFRE, is it simply going to be a matter of "We'll pick you up when you EAS" or am I totally out of luck and have to wait for the next SFRE? I absolutely know this is what I want to do, and Im not opposed to having to do an SFRE twice if necessary. I'd just like to know if that will be the case.
ok, I think you're the same guy whose being emailing me from another forum board. If so, I already answered your question via email.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:45   #51
smorales
Asset

18C4V,

My mistake. I thought I had posted one when I first joined the site. I will read more and type less. Thank you.
smorales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:54   #52
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by smorales View Post
Hello everyone,

Thank you.
http://www.calguard.ca.gov/sf/Pages/default.aspx

Last edited by 18C4V; 07-17-2012 at 12:06.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:08   #53
Horrible
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18C4V View Post
ok, I think you're the same guy whose being emailing me from another forum board. If so, I already answered your question via email.
Yes I am, and thank you very much.
Horrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:09   #54
Ecclesiastes
Asset

Dear PS,

I enlisted in the CA ARNG as 11B last month and will be shipping off to OSUT in September. I will be going in as E-2.

Is the SFRE held every year?

and according to the website, "SPC and above w/ 2+ years in the military" is one of the requirements to try out. Is this a non-waiverable requirement?

Thank you for your time!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:56   #55
18C4V
Quiet Professional

At last count, we have 25 guys in the pipeline at avarious phases. So as of now, we are having SFRE's once a year. At one time, we had them 4 times a year so it flucates based on our needs.

As of now, the TIS is not waiverable but it can change on a case by case basis and that's dependant on the company SGM.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:41   #56
Ecclesiastes
Asset

Understood.

Thank you.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:42   #57
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclesiastes View Post
Understood.

Thank you.
Also, you need to post an introduction in the proper place before posting again.
Old 07-23-2012, 22:33   #58
Ecclesiastes
Asset

Ahh, I thought I posted an intro... I apologize.

Posted intro...
Old 10-17-2012, 14:50   #59
Ridgeback
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18C4V View Post
At last count, we have 25 guys in the pipeline at avarious phases. So as of now, we are having SFRE's once a year. At one time, we had them 4 times a year so it flucates based on our needs.

As of now, the TIS is not waiverable but it can change on a case by case basis and that's dependant on the company SGM.

Requesting a little clariffication. Is SFRE once a year for all of California at Camp SLO? or is SFRE once a year and split, one for Northern California at Camp SLO and one for Southern California at Los Alamitos, CA?
-Winston Churchhill
The light will eventualy show through.
Ridgeback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 22:04   #60
18C4V
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgeback View Post
Requesting a little clariffication. Is SFRE once a year for all of California at Camp SLO? or is SFRE once a year and split, one for Northern California at Camp SLO and one for Southern California at Los Alamitos, CA?
Great question. For this calendar year it's once a year for all of California at Camp SLO. FY 2013 is unk if we'll do once a year at decentralized locations or combine it to make it one event.