Old 02-16-2004, 20:56   #1
Airbornelawyer

11th Group pics

From AT at Fort AP Hill. I have no idea when these were taken, I just pulled them from my box o' 11th Group historical documents.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11th sfga 1.jpg (75.0 KB, 1107 views)
Airbornelawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 20:59   #2
Airbornelawyer

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11th sfga 2.jpg (71.8 KB, 920 views)
Old 02-16-2004, 22:16   #3
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Great pix, but shouldn't they have national security bars on them?
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:44   #4
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Reaper, that first one looks familiar! "DAMN! Chief B, git yer fat ass in the boat already!" LOL
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 04:10   #5
brownapple

Quote:
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Those pics are 70s, probably late 70s. There is one person who looks very familiar to me, trying to place a name and place to the face.
Old 02-17-2004, 06:57   #6
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
RL,
My guess would be those pictures are pushing 30 years old. I see nothing wrong with them.

TS
Old 02-17-2004, 07:00   #7
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by NousDefionsDoc
Reaper, that first one looks familiar! "DAMN! Chief B, git yer fat ass in the boat already!" LOL
You are killing me. Looks like the boat is about to fold where he is sitting.

How about, "Damn, Chief, could you try hanging in till we are out of sight of the Company HQs before you drop out of the run and start walking?"

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 09:57   #8
Airbornelawyer

Last one I could find. These were all published in "The Beret", the 11th Group newsletter, but I can't find my archive of copies of the newsletter (I think I may have given them to the USASOC archives).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 11th sfga 3.jpg (75.9 KB, 854 views)
Old 01-27-2007, 16:47   #9
dallast
Quiet Professional

I know 3 of the members. I believe it is 82 FTX in FLa.
dallast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 15:51   #10
ODA 226
Quiet Professional

The guy in the middle holdng the M-16 looks like Roger Hale. The guy paddling to his immediate left front looks like Frank Welch.
Old 12-14-2010, 18:54   #11
Truckie117
Asset

11th Jump

Hi
This is a picture I found in my fathers military papers.
It is Aug 3 1963,4 or 5 the Aug is definite there is an article on the back of the paper but no year since it was torn out of the paper.
Hope the historians like it.
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eleventh SFG HQ Company A and B copy.jpg (86.6 KB, 318 views)
Old 03-17-2012, 14:34   #12
OLD210
Asset

Introduction

I was active duty (AGR) in SVC Co at Ft. Meade, MD during 88-91 not a 18 series but served as a 91B and 76Y. Truly the best time of my military life.
OLD210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:15   #13
RichNH
Asset

ODA 113, 11th SFG(A) May

Here's our team at the end of an FTX in May '77 I think. We had isolation at Ft Bragg, jumped into Ft Stewart (?) and took 2 RB's down the Ogeechee River on a recon mission. Not a good jump, the LT broke his leg and the team captain cut both his knees to the bone (but he made the trip). Our team was augmented so I don't know everyone.

Front row kneeling, left to right, unk, Chip Mendelson, unk, Dave Paradis (team daddy), myself.
Back row standing, unk, unk, Ed Columbus, Ed Hines (team capt, deceased), Ken Miles, Zap Zapone, Jazewitz (held the distinction of highest tick count on trip), unk (grader, not a team member)

Craziest jump I was ever on, I was the JM, the 130 was full with 3 teams (or was it 4?, we were sardines) and our team was second in line. The first team didn't jump so they were crammed onto the ramp and trying not to slide down into my work area as we approached our DZ. At the command of Get Ready Hines' life vest deployed on one side and I'm looking at 2 big yellow balloons with less than 6 minutes to go. I got those replaced, Ed sorted out and JM checked again and everyone up and ready with 20, maybe 30 seconds to spare. And that was just one of the things that went wrong... LOL Oh well, we got the job done, slipped thru an ambush set up for us (thank God for Starlight scopes) and got a special reception with the 5th Group CO because we did so well. Not bad for reservists...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SF_Team_Pic_May_77.jpg (67.2 KB, 129 views)
RichNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:38   #14
RichNH
Asset

Reforger - 78 Germany

Pic of myself during our team's deployment to Germany during Reforger - 78. ODA 113, 11th SFG(A). We were sitting around waiting for the powers that be (SFC's and above) to determine our route for the day's movement. Had a good time on this trip, last full day there we snuck in the Division HHQ battalion camp we were aggressing against and shot the place up with simulators and such. Got them all turned around and their MG security posts turned their guns around and started laying down fire INTO their own camp. The graders were so pissed at them that they determined our little group had killed the lot of them, mostly through their own guys. LOL Two most memorable events, Zap's turning his red strip of cloth into a mask with eye slits and looking like some crazed, murderous wacko (we all thought it was a great idea and followed suit) and how that officer standing on the steps outside the division CP hut went backwards, heels over head when that arty simulator went off right under his nose (bet he didn't expect that at 2AM!). We could still hear them shooting themselves up 30 minutes after we left and had reassembled at the rally point. It was fun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SF_Germany_78_Reforger.jpg (66.8 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by RichNH; 02-17-2013 at 06:58.
RichNH is offline   Reply With Quote