Old 02-03-2010, 19:32   #1
Tico
Quiet Professional

Updating new 18C STP

The 18C STP will be getting updated soon I like to hear from all the seasoned Cs on what they think should be in there, make sure you send me a message on this and I'll email you what I have so far on the Global. Just want to say it one more time any questions you have PM me and I'll send you the info.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:08   #2
18C Troll
Quiet Professional

NEW STP

Rgr we are on it. I have seen a rough copy of the subjects in it and am a little concerned. Compared to the old STP (2003) and the older stuff I have aquired (60's & 70's) I see a large tread going away from mines, improvised demolitions and construction techniques. I know the B&R has had a contract for the past years for OIF but they did shoddy work, just look at how many deaths were due to electicution in the showers. Also I know how hard it is to get approval to use any type of mine unless command detonated, but I think when all the funding is gone we will still need to be qualified to do anything with practically nothing.
18C Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 19:59   #3
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

I remember sittig down updating the 2004-2005 CTRB and STP list with "Corkey" of DOTD. Looking at this new list hopefully TICO and Crew can mke the needed changes for the MOS.

If we don't do it and we can't get the DODIC I feel it should not be on the list. I'm not say we don't do it becuase we have a lazy 18C that don't want to learn how to weld or do electrical. I'm mean we don't do it beciase we DO NOT DO IT.

I feel Grps need a UXO and IED sustainment training range once a year or at least during PMTs. Not some go out and blow demo on mortar rounds..I'm talking getting foreign mines and munitions and even getting EOD Techs to help out on TTPs.

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 20:17   #4
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Tico,

Just had SGM come into Team Room talking about a CTRB tasking for the end of the month. Are you controlling that. HE said it was for 18B/18Cs.

How is the new STP going?

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote