Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Hall of Heroes > POW/MIA

Old 02-22-2011, 20:21   #16
Dozer523
BANNED USER

James Leslie Moreland will be buried Saturday, May 14, 2011 at the Ashby Cemetery (off Bibb County 2, south of Montevallo AL. Off I 65 south of Birmingham)

Last edited by Dozer523; 02-22-2011 at 20:52.
Dozer523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 20:47   #17
uplink5
Quiet Professional

Welcome home James. God bless you and your family and rest in peace....

Thomas Jefferson

"The scene changes but the aspirations of men of good will persist."

Vannevar Bush
uplink5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:22   #18
spiceygoggles28
Asset

God Bless You, My Brother

WELCOME HOME

The men that were at Lang Vei will forever be my Heroes and I am proud to be able to call them my Brothers.

Jack

I Corp Mike Force
1968-'69
spiceygoggles28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 20:35   #19
dnbarclay
Asset

I had the immense privilege and honor to meet 3 of his nieces on a plane from Houston to Birmingham last week. I was overwhelmed by the story of the bracelet. For many years I have worn the bracelet of a high school friend MIA over Laos, 1971. I hope I live long enough to bury it with him.
db
dnbarclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 21:05   #20
Gypsy
Area Commander

I'm sorry I missed this thread earlier. Welcome Home Warrior, may you finally Rest in Peace and may your family find closure in your return.
Old 05-18-2011, 22:04   #21
wet dog

Welcome home Warrior, rest in peace.
Old 05-18-2011, 23:48   #22
tom kelly
Quiet Professional

REST IN PEACE, James:

Welcome Home, It's been a long time,and you are not forgotten...tom kelly
tom kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 18:39   #23
akv
Area Commander

Walnut Creek Memorial Day Observance

Rest In Peace, and Thank You.

Quote:
Woman who wore MIA bracelet to be recognized at Walnut Creek Memorial Day event
By Theresa Harrington
Contra Costa Times

Kathy Strong waited 38 years for a Green Beret who was missing in action to come home, all the while wearing his name on a bracelet around her wrist.

She became known around the country for her patriotism after being featured in the Times, then on CBS national news, for her steadfast commitment to wearing the bracelet until Army Spc. James Moreland's remains were buried in Alabama earlier this month.

Moreland's family invited her to sit with them at the funeral, and Moreland's commanding officer praised Strong's dedication to keeping the promise she made when she was 12.

On Monday, Walnut Creek Mayor Cindy Silva plans to recognize Strong at the city's annual Memorial Day ceremony, along with others who have kept MIAs alive in their hearts for decades.

"We have an opportunity to really recognize those who've been missing in action and create increased awareness about the issue, as we observe and remember those who have fought for our country and lost their lives," Silva said.

The city had already selected Cmdr. Renee Richardson, of the Defense Prisoner of War and Missing in Action Personnel Office, as its keynote speaker, before learning of Strong's story.

Strong, 51, met Moreland's family and commanding officer, then attended his funeral May 14, based on contacts made through a 2008 Times story about her. She removed the bracelet and placed it on the sleeve of Moreland's uniform in his coffin, before it was buried with his remains.

She said she is honored to be recognized at the Walnut Creek service and hopes her presence will prompt Vietnam veterans to attend. She has been touched by the outpouring of cards and letters she has received from people around the country who have been moved by her determination to wear the bracelet until Moreland came home, she said.

"Taking off the bracelet was one of the hardest things I've ever done," Strong said. "The bracelet is where it should be -- with him."

IF YOU GO
The city of Walnut Creek will host its Memorial Day observance at 10 a.m. Monday in Civic Park at North Broadway and Civic Drive in Walnut Creek. Information is available by calling 925-943-5818 or visiting
www.walnut-creek.org
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-...nclick_check=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg strong.jpg (46.3 KB, 14 views)
"Men Wanted: for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour and recognition in case of success.” -Sir Ernest Shackleton

“A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.” –Greek proverb
akv is offline   Reply With Quote