Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Area Studies > Europe

Old 03-04-2019, 16:11   #1
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
March to Leave,, the peoples push for BREXIT

I have no idea how to measure this activity, but I will keep an eye on it.

The route is about 300 miles. They plan to start walking from Sunderland on the 16th and finishing up at Parliament Square on the 29th.

I wish them God's speed.

Quote:
March to Leave

June 23rd, 2016 was a historic victory of the people against the establishment. The Westminster elite have had over two years to implement Brexit, and instead have done everything in their power to prevent it. It is time to show MPs, civil servants and Brussels bureaucrats we will not sit by whilst they betray the referendum result. That’s why we are organising a core group of marchers, who will travel the length of the country from Sunderland to London, to stop the Brexit betrayal.

Becoming a marcher means you will have the opportunity to march for at least one of the days between 16th - 29th March. You can also join as a March to Leave ‘Cheerleader’, supporting the core marchers as they start and finish their day. Click here to become a ‘Cheerleader’.

Leave Means Leave will email you about campaigns, events and opportunities to get involved. Find out more about how we use your information.
Become a MARCHER

THE ROUTE

Our marchers will be walking from Sunderland to London with hundreds of activists to cheer them along the way. We will release further details of how to be a ‘cheerleader’ closer to the march.

https://www.marchtoleave.com/

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 07:34   #2
Badger52
Area Commander

Coverage of "BREXIT Day" at UK Telegraph

Background, lots of articles...
(Note: many of the articles are paywalled after the first paragraph, but you get the idea)

Even a countdown clock.

9hrs 28min 20sec, 19, 18, 17...

I like Nigel Farage's take:
Quote:
After 20 years of trying to get rid of my job, I have succeeded, and it feels fantastic.
We're leaving a sinking EU Titanic on our Brexit lifeboat rowing to a bright new future.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote