Old 04-24-2007, 12:04   #61
RTK
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk27
That’s actually an ancillary point I have been trying to make over the past year. Nothing has been asked of the citizens, no sacrifice or anything, in this “War on Terrorism” or “War with Islam”. So to say we are in one of these wars and ask nothing of the citizens we are either A: going about this the wrong way, or B: not at war with either Terrorism or Islam.

Some wait to be asked. Some act anyways. Hence sheep v. sheepdogs.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:41   #62
kgoerz
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
LOL

Maybe you guys need some kind of color code system like Homeland Security use to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
LOL

Maybe you guys need some kind of color code system like Homeland Security use to have.

Quote:
Kqoerz: I thought I was the only nut thinking a pragmatic way to absolute victory in Iraq with no more U.S. loses: Nuke it. It would also be the end solution for the Palestinian/Israeli conflict: Nuke the Golden Dome in Jerusalem'
(5 K would suffice) so no one can claim it for decades and maybe the next few generations might figure out a peaceful co-existence! Of course, we would never hear the end of it from the UN, Human Rights Cartels and all other envious Turd World countries, and of course our EU "Friends".
If we pull out without giving winning the War every effort at our disposal. We will never hear the end of it from the Enemy. What other Countries and Political Groups think is of little importance when your countries very existence is at stake. We should also care about what some of those third Turd Countries (as you describe them) Think then the U.N. and Human Rights Groups. Don't think the United States would be any quicker to pull the trigger on a Nuclear Bomb then the so called peace loving European Countries, if they were faced with the same threat.
Yes we are the only Country to use a Nuclear Bomb in a world war. We were also the only country to have one during a World War, a war that threatens your very existence. Depending on opinions this war is or isn't a world conflict. But it is definitely heading in that direction. Lets see what other Nuclear powers do when involved as deeply as we are. Using Nuclear Weapons might be looked at differently in a few years. AMD isn't going to scare Iran when the time comes. The U.S losing in Iraq is going to wipe out our ability to just about scare anyone.

Last edited by kgoerz; 04-24-2007 at 13:28.
kgoerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 18:48   #63
x-factor
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENGU
Thanks Team Sargeant, for the relieve from x-factor. He might of been tryimg to play Red Cell, but enough is enough! All I heard was the same sound bytes that the Left always try when their arguments are lost.
I find it kind of funny that I'm branded a Leftist for basically saying that we should adapt and apply Reagan's Rollback Policy for 1980s Latin America to Iran.

X
x-factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 18:54   #64
jbour13
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-factor
I find it kind of funny that I'm branded a Leftist for basically saying that we should adapt and apply Reagan's Rollback Policy for 1980s Latin America to Iran.
I learned this about 2 years ago....Stop digging!

You will not sway the opinions of those that influence policy at it's most pure level.

I have been at most all levels of intel and I don't necessarily agree with your strategy or opinions. I'm no more right or wrong on the subject than you are.

For the sake of arguing, lets just leave it at that, we agree to disagree.

"Let the blood of the infantry flow through your veins,or the blood of the infantry will be on your hands."
- GEN John A. Wickham, Jr. speaking on the responsibilities of MI soldiers.
jbour13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 19:14   #65
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

All right guys - Play nice. Yes, I found X-factor's initial posts annoying too. I said something about it and he "lifted and shifted". Well and good. His most recent posts have met the standards for stimulating discussion - whether you agree with his conclusions or not. FWIW I don't, but then I don't get excited when I have an intellectual disagreement.

tk27 - You're skating on thin ice. The tone of your comments is out of line for a guest and detracts from your argument. Make your points without the attitude.

'Nuff said - Peregrino
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 20:14   #66
x-factor
Guerrilla

I appreciate that.

For what its worth, I apologize if I inadvertently hassled anyone (TS especially). I'm just looking for a good exchange. Moving on.

X
Old 04-24-2007, 21:26   #67
CoLawman
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK
Some wait to be asked. Some act anyways. Hence sheep v. sheepdogs.
Bullseye!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:06   #68
Jack Moroney (RIP)
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-factor
I appreciate that.

For what its worth, I apologize if I inadvertently hassled anyone (TS especially). I'm just looking for a good exchange. Moving on.
An apology is not necessary, but you do remind me of a person that sort of likes to keep on picking at a scab knowing the expected result will be to make it bleed which will either draw attention to the wound or aggravate the medic that just patched it up. I think you need to understand this community a little better, most folks of our ilk say exactly what we mean when dealing with one another. Straight talk, even with differing opinions, is valued but wavering positions on the same subject frustrate clean communication and no one wants to deal with anyone who presents a position that seems to change from moment to moment. You see we can accept and deal with differences in all things and we have learned to adapt to fit the target audience to get our point across or to accomplish whatever task is required. While we can deal with ambiguity we do not care for those who willing create it just to see what chaos they can create. In simplier terms, don't crap were you wish to eat.
Old 04-25-2007, 15:39   #69
x-factor
Guerrilla

Good advice. I'll see to it.

I come from a professional culture where sometimes you argue just to argue in order to keep the analytical muscles in shape. I can see now how that might be perceived as scab-picking. No worries, I'll adapt.

X