Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 12-13-2017, 09:50   #16
Box
Quiet Professional

At the closing of the polls, 'Bama get exactly the government they deserve.

-If Roy Moore is a fraud, then it is the fault of his supporters to allow him to flourish for decades - if he was the best than they had to offer, then so be it - lets not continue to poison the well just because an "R" might be better than a "D"

-If he is in fact a diamond in the rough and the voters from Alabama fell for what would have to be democrat lies and propaganda, well... then they got what they asked for.

I don't blame politicians for Alabama - I blame voters. Keep in mind -this is a state where the margin of victory could have been covered by the amount of votes that were cast for the University's football coach.
As an example of "truth in advertising" in politics, I bear responsibility for folks like Mike Easley and Roy Cooper. Not because I voted for them - but quite honestly, all I did to challenge their leadership was vote against them. I did not actively work to put an alternative choice in the office.
...I got what I deserved.

If a 30-something year old Roy Moore was being intimate with your high-school aged daughter, would you take action or would you use it as an opportunity to garner some political favor by keeping quiet?

A nation ALWAYS gets the government they deserve. Good luck Alabama - sorry to hear that Nick Saban didn't get enough votes to take a Senate seat - but look on the bright side - at least he still gets to coach UA !!

...ROLL TIDE

Every time the polls close in any elections, I am forced to reflect on the musings of George Carlin - "The public sucks - fuck hope"

for fuck sake - how many people that delivered a write-in vote for Saban used what they learned in ENG-101 to write in their vote?
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing

Last edited by Box; 12-13-2017 at 09:58.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 19:46   #17
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
Nick Saban played spoiler.

Democratic operatives started a campaign to write in Nick Saban and the total write in votes were more than the margin of victory.
Shit like that is how we got Woodrow Wilson.

I think I'm with Box' Carlin invocation.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote