Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 11-27-2017, 10:00   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

How one moron brought down a trillion dollar industry with his “pig” socks.

Buh-bye National Felons League. And hopefully buh-bye to the ultra-left wing espn.

Not even the narcissist billionaire “elites” can save the Felons League now.

I f’ing love these headlines:

Weak 12: Empty Seats Greatly Outnumber Fans As NFL Treats Shrinking Number of Spectators to Protests, Fights, and Bad Football
by Warner Todd Huston26 Nov 2017

More than a dozen NFL players went back to protesting against the country in the first NFL action since the Thanksgiving holiday. Not surprisingly, while the protests continued, fans continued to leave thousands of empty seats in stadiums across the league.

With players from at least ten teams once again speaking out against the U.S.A. in a variety of ways during the national anthem, photos of empty seats filled the Internet once again.

With the San Francisco 49ers playing at home and players once again mounting a protest during the anthem, fans stayed away in droves for the 49ers loss to the Seattle Seahawks:

Cont:
http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017...-bad-football/
Old 11-27-2017, 10:36   #2
tonyz
Area Commander

Respect for the National Anthem is far more important than second rate entertainment - and that is what many professional sports teams are.

The idiots took a highly inappropriate time during the event to make thier statement and the folks are responding.

Marcus Tullius Cicero

Last edited by tonyz; 11-27-2017 at 10:43. Reason: Changed "all" to "many" for accuracy
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 10:55   #3
Dean Jarvis
Quiet Professional

If you're not watching NFL these days you may not have noticed the Steelers helmets have a U.S. Flag and an army unit patch on the back (specifically 82nd ABN and 3rd ID). Anyone know why they are doing this? Maybe to counter the National Anthem protest and show their support for the flag and military?
Old 11-27-2017, 11:00   #4
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Jarvis View Post
If you're not watching NFL these days you may not have noticed the Steelers helmets have a U.S. Flag and an army unit patch on the back (specifically 82nd ABN and 3rd ID). Anyone know why they are doing this? Maybe to counter the National Anthem protest and show their support for the flag and military?
Steelers to honor military units with helmet decals
ADAM BITTNER
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Novemeber 9, 2017

Alejandro Villanueva is putting a unique twist on his team’s observance of Veteran’s Day this weekend.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports that the Steelers left tackle and former U.S. Army Ranger is spearheading an effort by the team to honor specific military units by wearing helmet decals during the game against the Colts Sunday in Indianapolis.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201711090218

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 11-27-2017, 11:04   #5
doctom54
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Jarvis View Post
Villanueva is doing it.
https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...-decals-111017
Old 11-27-2017, 11:04   #6
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Too little too late

Too late to save their million dollar careers but I'm sure they will try anything to do just that.

They can take their fake military respect and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

The National Felons League, the only place where you can find a university graduate with a third grade education.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:06   #7
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Too late to save their million dollar careers but I'm sure they will try anything to do just that.

They can take their fake military respect and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

The National Felons League, the only place where you can find a university graduate with a third grade education.
Wholeheartedly agree TS - you beat me to it with too little too late.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 11-27-2017, 11:09   #8
tonyz
Area Commander

If certain players want to make a statement...take a knee during a play.

Oh, that might disrespect the game or the team, or their teammates or something.

Oh wait.

Snap.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
Old 11-27-2017, 11:33   #9
Box
Quiet Professional

My initial reaction was to google "Pittsburgh Steelers" to see the flag/patch helmet - then I realized, "who fucking cares"
...its safe to assume that I am completely cured of NFL flu

I think sensible people might even be willing to send colon kleptonick a Christmas card thanking him for making the transition to a football clean lifestyle so easy.
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:36   #10
bblhead672
Area Commander

I don't understand why not a single player has the intestinal fortitude to speak up and tell the other players that the protests are based upon a false narrative.
I also don't understand why the only time you hear about these player's concerns is on game days. When are these players going to put forth the effort to address the real issues in their (black) communities that are the causes of the crime rates (hint: it isn't white people).

I watched the first NFL game this season on Thanksgiving (Dallas vs Chargers) only because the game was on and there was a family scoring pool we were all participating in. Out of 17 adults at the gathering, only 3 expressed any interest anymore in the NFL. The rest were only watching for the same reason I was. Throughout the game comments were made about how bad the product has become and how little anyone actually cared about the outcome other than if they won the pool money.

These days I am enjoying the Sunday afternoons doing other stuff with the wife and family, the NFL has become an afterthought of no importance.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 13:43   #11
rsdengler
Area Commander

What’s Football….? I think there are better ways of spending a Sunday then watching a bunch of uneducated, overpaid, kneeling pantie waste pussie$ play Felonball…….Why don’t you kneel and protest in the middle of the street in a crime ridden, crap rat infested, gang neighborhood in stinking Baltimore, let’s say around 2am..And no police to protect your sorry asses...morons…..

I am glad the National Felon League is losing millions, why don't they start "cutting" players salaries, I am sure there are trash collector and convenience store jobs available.....

-Benjamin Franklin

Rita
rsdengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 21:41   #12
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
I think sensible people might even be willing to send colon kleptonick a Christmas card thanking him for making the transition to a football clean lifestyle so easy.
Yup. The (not-12) 12-step program:

1. Don't watch.
2. Do something else of value.
3. Hang out with other people who aren't watching while doing something of value.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 13:29   #13
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post

And...many of these knuckleheads would still be in poverty without an education if it weren't for football

But hey Colin Kaepernick the extremely altruistic man he is....and his honest to god concern for racism and the black community....is destroying the only opportunity many of these poor kids will ever have at an education and wealth....the game is crumbling under his arrogant and rather idiotic misinformed opinion on racism....this is higher education in America but no worries he got his millions and fuck the opportunities he has taken from those he has professed to be standing for....I guess he didn't learn to think about those things
Old 12-12-2017, 21:19   #14
MrMojok
Asset

The players should focus their ire on the league itself, which has known for a long time that a large number (perhaps the majority) of them are going to end up as major CTE cases.

A player doesn't have to get knocked unconscious on the field or suffer a dozen diagnosed concussions like Steve Young did, to wind up that way. The repeated contact experienced by linemen at the snap of the ball is enough to do it, over a period of years. The majority of these people are going to need Siri to guide them the three blocks home from Quick Trip by the time they hit their 50s, because remembering where they live will be impossible.

And the NFL is probably still holding discussions on how to add a game or two to the preseason or regular season schedules... they just don't publicly discuss it like they were in 2010-2011 because they know John Q. Public now sees them as evil, moneygrubbing pricks.

Which they absolutely are.

Speaking of which, how much DOD money are they taking this year for the flyovers and other patriotic displays before every game?
MrMojok is offline   Reply With Quote