Old 05-27-2013, 20:01   #1
aussie
Asset

CQB on National Geographic

Here in Australia, we currently have a series airing on National Geographic called "CQB". The programme is hosted by current Green Beret, Terry Shapper. The show is really good, covering tactics, weapons with demonstrations. The key principles of QCB are enduring on the show; which are: speed, surprise and violence of action.

I highly recommend this show. I'm sure it's already screened in the US.

Terry, seems like a good bloke to have on team and does a great job in the series.
aussie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 20:17   #2
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie View Post
Here in Australia, we currently have a series airing on National Geographic called "CQB". The programme is hosted by current Green Beret, Terry Shapper. The show is really good, covering tactics, weapons with demonstrations. The key principles of QCB are enduring on the show; which are: speed, surprise and violence of action.

I highly recommend this show. I'm sure it's already screened in the US.

Terry, seems like a good bloke to have on team and does a great job in the series.
A few on here know Terry and from what I understand he's not only the real deal but a great guy also.

Not one of these "I was in Special Forces 15 months and now I'm an expert on everything"...... Send us a link to the show when it airs.

Speed, surprise and violence of action is what I live by.....
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:48   #3
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
Terry's site mentions a couple the show + CQB.

Quote:
  • Host of Discovery Channel’s "Shark Attack Survival Guide," for Shark Week
  • Host of "Warriors with Terrry Schappert" Series on History Channel
  • Watch my new TV series: CQB - Close Quarter Battle
http://www.terryschappert.com/
Found some clips on YouTube:

An Elite Military/Special Police Force TV series that dynamically analyzes and dissects a selection of high stakes close quarter battle situations. The series delivers emotionally intense dramatic action in a visually new and compelling way. C.Q.B. offers the viewer an in‐depth analysis of contemporary CQB scenarios, exploring how modern military, police, private contractors and sometimes even terrorist and criminal organizations conduct urban combat.

Filmed: Czech Republic, Spring 2012, Airing now on Prima Cool, CZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFxhvKHmREU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH4U8...0RcKTS_itukgCK

You might need a 2:2 DLPT score..

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:50   #4
BKKMAN
Quiet Professional

So I watched the first video (series promo) at this link on his site:

Terry CQB Promo Videos

And I caught this "operator" with his EOTech in the official "I'm as f-cked up as I want to be" position... (it is at the :12 second mark of the video and also the :30 second mark)...

What is it about EOTechs that seems to be such an enigma to people...FFS, it's 50/50 that you put it on correctly...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WTF.JPG (34.5 KB, 312 views)
File Type: jpg WTF 2.JPG (32.4 KB, 290 views)

It is not inequality which is the real misfortune, it is dependence. Voltaire
BKKMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 16:55   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKKMAN View Post

Terry CQB Promo Videos

And I caught this "operator" with his EOTech in the official "I'm as f-cked up as I want to be" position... (it is at the :12 second mark of the video and also the :30 second mark)...

What is it about EOTechs that seems to be such an enigma to people...FFS, it's 50/50 that you put it on correctly...
Dohhhh!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 21:27   #6
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
They should mark it "Front toward enemy" on the appropriate place.
Or "If you can read this, YOU'RE A DUMBASS!"
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:41   #7
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
They should mark it "Front toward enemy" on the appropriate place.
That doesn't work either, if you only knew how many ROTC cadets I have given a "NO GO" to when they came to FT. Bragg for advanced training....... It got to the point where we could no longer give them "NO GOs" but could only scream at them when they hit the clacker that they had just killed everyone in their squad because the set the claymore backwards...... and they were "college" students.
Team Sergeant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:08   #8
uspsmark
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
That doesn't work either, if you only knew how many ROTC cadets I have given a "NO GO" to when they came to FT. Bragg for advanced training....... It got to the point where we could no longer give them "NO GOs" but could only scream at them when they hit the clacker that they had just killed everyone in their squad because the set the claymore backwards...... and they were "college" students.
I went to Bragg around 1981 for ROTC summer training camp. Of course, I went to a military college and we were much better prepared than our "peers" from the civilian schools. Physically and mentally, the civilian college ROTC cadets weren't even close. I remember a Special Forces NCO giving me my first chaw of Red Man chewing tobacco on one of the stations. Funny how some memories come back to you...
uspsmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 20:57   #9
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

I'm sure the OP might miss some of the references in the other posts. But as to his heads up on the series...I haven't seen it in the U.S. and I'm a Nat Geo channel junkie. I've love to watch it. Does the show cover detainees shitting themselves in your Humvee after you've rolled them up? That WAS NOT covered in my training.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:54   #10
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Very interesting. I'm going to be looking for this series here, haven't seen it yet. CQB was not in my training matrix back in the day. We practiced tactics/techniques like breaking contact when surprised by a larger enemy force, e.g. laying down suppressing fire and the 'banana peal'. Had that conversation with MR2 recently, he was amazed that the maneuver could actually be done effectively with muskets.
Old 08-31-2013, 10:49   #11
MR2
Quiet Professional

Of course there is always a back story... Trap and I were working for TriplePastaCanopy, consulting with a Mr. Davinci on the GAU-1 idea when the concept of CQB came up. Unfortunately, we were not able to make it portable enough for that endeavor, but it was quite effective as a smoke generator for screening operations.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Eight Barrelled Machine Gun.jpg (41.2 KB, 145 views)

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 15:36   #12
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR2 View Post
Of course there is always a back story... Trap and I were working for TriplePastaCanopy, consulting with a Mr. Davinci on the GAU-1 idea when the concept of CQB came up. Unfortunately, we were not able to make it portable enough for that endeavor, but it was quite effective as a smoke generator for screening operations.
Hey, Bro, I thought that shit was still classified!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:47   #13
PokemonMaster
Asset

The whole series is om youtube now.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:11   #14
Streck-Fu
Area Commander

Thanks for the notice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-sDuqmtKw

I'm subscribing.

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Streck-Fu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:49   #15
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY Cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKKMAN View Post

Terry CQB Promo Videos

Maybe that's why GG&G came up with a cover marked FRONT TOWARDS ENEMY.

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote