Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 06-26-2012, 18:13   #346
reubadoob
Asset

Reubadoob Intro

Gents,
It's been sometime since I have visited the forum and my initial Intro was lost. But now I'm back and this time it's personal. Ha. Looking at attending SFAS this fall/winter timeframe and hoping to glean as much information from the community prior to stepping off. Thank you for your time and the opportunity to learn.
reubadoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 18:42   #347
EtbyH963
SF Candidate

Gentlemen,
I was recently extended an 18X contract so I am here to learn. Thank you in advance.
EtbyH963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 20:31   #348
jconklin0311
Asset

Joining SF

Greetings everyone,

My name is JC. I am a former Marine who served with 1st Battalion 5th Marines in Afghanistan. I am interested in join Special Forces.

Sincerely,

JC

Edited by Richard
jconklin0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 20:33   #349
Rakk Head
Asset

Rakk Head Intro

Gentlemen,
I have been In the Army for 8 years I have spent all of my time between 1-187 IN Fort Campbell and the Ranger Training Brigade. I plan on doing my time as a Ranger Instructor then going to SFAS. Thank You to all the QP's for your time and information.
Rakk Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 20:37   #350
scott0311
Asset

joining Special Forces

Greetings,
My name is Scott i served with 1st Battalion 3rd Marines in iraq and afghanistan. I am interested in joining Special Forces.

Sincerely
Scott
Team Sergeant Edit, no last names required.
scott0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:55   #351
Mack27
Asset

Second Intro Post

Hello, I've been reading on this forum for quite a while and enjoy all of it. I'm not a member of the military but I've always wanted to join. If I am able to someday I'm sure that that all the knowledge and motivation I've gained here will help. Currently I'm a firefighter/EMT and a Mechanical Engineer. I really like reading through all of the forums about SF medicine and hope to get my Paramedic cert someday. Thank you for allowing us civilians to join this forum.

I'm re-posting my Intro because it was lost awhile back.

Mack
Old 06-28-2012, 13:26   #352
Caballero
Asset

A Reservist college student with SF aspirations.

Greetings all. Glad to have found this site. I was one of those kids who wanted to go straight for SF after high school. Dad, a former paratrooper, convinced me to go to college first. He cited the medical reasons he was forced to leave the service and advised that no matter how good I was or how well I performed, there was the chance that something beyond my control could end my career before I wanted it ended.

Basically, he told me I was young enough to prepare against it without giving up my dream of getting into the Special Forces. So, I went and joined the Army Reserves to pay for college and I'm currently halfway through my second year as a full-time student, studying Video Game Art and Design.

After college, my reservist contract should be nearly over and the plan is to re-enlist and get an active duty contract in a combat arms MOS and spend that time training to get back into shape (and studying land nav like crazy) My goal is to be in an SFAS cycle within three years of graduation. If I'm first time go, great. If I'm not, I'll go home, fix my issues, and come back.

Being a Special Forces soldier has been a goal of mine since I was very young and the more I've learned about it, the more I want to be a part of it. It's a pleasure to have access to the information and advice provided here.
Glad to be introducing myself.
Caballero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 13:30   #353
Reppjp
Asset

I have done one of these before, but its not showing me on my profile. Looking to join the army, and hopefully reach sf. Currently work at Verizon, live in Alabama. 22 years old.
Reppjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 15:29   #354
shagster
Asset

Former SF and RVN vet, spent about six months as 1-2 on RT Maine, TF2AE (prev CCC) Aug 71 - Jan 72. Have been out of the loop for a while until contacted last year about our static-line combat jump. Can't really complain- got out, went back to college, graduated from medical school, raised a family, etc., but when I went back to Ft. Bragg a few weeks ago for a little get-together and got to meet some of my heroes from back in the day, I realized for the first time in a long while how much I missed the brotherhood. People nowadays ask me how we could have done the things we did, and I have to just smile and shake my head, but when I'm around you guys, I know, and no one has to ask the question. Hope to meet more of you in the near future.
shagster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 22:00   #355
JohnIll
Asset

Intro

Hello,

My name is John I'm 23 years old, Finally worked up enough courage to start my enlistment process.I contacted a recruiter took the ASVAB, passed the backround check, I need a waiver for a few things once thats all settled, I hope to be squared away as soon as possible...

Love-everything the US Army Special Forces represent in my opinion SF is the best in the world, period. And one day Id be honored to earn my rite to serve among the best this country has to offer....

-John
JohnIll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 23:35   #356
SonOfLiberty
SF Candidate

Tudo Bem?

My name is Mate and I'm going through the process of signing up as we speak. I'll be going the 'Guard route. I'm 23, and will be 24 here soon. My goal is to ship out before the end of this year, November - December time frame. I already feel like I have no time and I'm trying to learn as much as possible. I've been spending a lot of time reading any pertinent material regarding SF, and trying to pick some brains. I'm here to learn, and I understand that the key to receiving the right answers is to ask the right questions. I really appreciate the guys that take the time to make this site run and to run well. If there's anything I've missed, then I apologize for my lack of SA, and will quickly square myself away.

Thanks,
Mate
SonOfLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:39   #357
ChikenHawk
Asset

First Post

I have been reading on some of the forums and getting orientated to the website. I've been in the PA National Guard as an infantryman for five years. I am currently a weapons squad leader. While I was in Iraq (08-09) my platoon ended up working with an a-team for a few weeks. It was one of the best learning experiences of my life. Since then I have been trying to learn all I can about Special Forces and strongly considered the option of going to selection. I decided to finish college and then look at my options. I have found more and better information on this site than any other I have looked at so I am looking forward to continueing to learn so that I can best make my decision.

All input is strongly encouraged so that I can decide how best to precede.
ChikenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 17:34   #358
jurisdoctor
SF Candidate

Selected SFAS class 09-12 (June of '12), with 5/19 SFG in Colorado. Resident of Boulder, CO. Hopefully knocking out Airborne soon and in the Q by the fall.

Decided to go SOF midway through law school, initially focused on SEALs but shifted to SF based largely on their mission set (more adept for long term solutions, IMO).

Been climbing at a pretty elite level for the last few years, do some gear testing, so if anyone has any outdoor gear type questions I would say I'm a well qualified "expert." I'm also Crossfit Endurance coach, but my 'coaching' has mostly been utilized only for my own programming and training (both for alpine climbing and for SFAS). Nonetheless I'd say I know what I'm talking about when it comes to training queries.

Happy to field questions of any type; as I too was once (perhaps still am!) a hopeful with a sophomoric understanding of the military in general and SF in particular.
jurisdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 23:12   #359
Unknownx
Asset

Hey everyone, I am 19 years old and finishing up my Associates Degree in May (2013). I have job offers already from people I have made connections with but I don’t really know if the whole 9-5 thing is how I want to spend my life. I have always thought about joining the military and maybe even making it to the elite rank of SF’s. When I saw this site and seen a lot of you currently are or were SF’s I figured it would be a perfect place to learn. I’ll try my best not to make stupid threads and read more then I write.

I would also like to say I really appreciate what you all are doing or did for this country; you are the closest thing I have ever had to an idol.
Unknownx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 13:33   #360
SWATLT
Asset

Intro

Hello to all....First I would like to thank all for their past and present service. I would also like to thank the site for allowing civilians like me to look at and join such a fantastic site. I have been in Law Enforcement for 27 years, SWAT for 15 years as a team leader and presently command my team of 25 operators. My son is currently in the "Q" course, 18C-French (Selected Class 08-11). He will be starting Robin Sage in July. Not knowing what to expect I was drawn to this site to learn all about what he would be doing in this adventure he has chosen. Of course I'm a very proud dad. Thanks again.
SWATLT is offline   Reply With Quote