Old 04-23-2012, 12:21   #196
_Xfitter_
Asset

Introduction

Hello to all,
My name is Luis and I would like to start off by thanking all of the Special Forces Soldiers that have taken the time to respond to all of the questions on all of the forums. I was stationed at JBLM for 4 1/2 years and am currently TXANG, I am currently training for TXANG Assessment Drill with the ultimate goal of attending SFAS. It has been my life's goal to be a Special Forces Soldier, be on a team and earn the respect of my fellow team members. I know that is all still very far off but I have my eye on the ultimate prize, now to do some pt.
_Xfitter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 15:15   #197
Rob_Frey
Guerrilla

Introduction

Hello,

My name is Rob. I came to this site from a post on another site (Lightfighter.net) regarding your Edged Weapons Forum. I'm an old guy (55) and served in the Army in the Field Artillery from 1982-1986. I joined the Army after graduating from college (U.WI - Madison) with a BA in Political Science, but went in as an enlisted man. I worked three different MOS's 13B, 13E, and a Battalion Supply Clerk. I later went to Gunsmithing school and worked as one for 5 1/2 years before I had to give it up for medical reasons. I went back to school again (U.WI - Eau Claire) at the age of 50 to get a BBA in Information Systems (formerly called M.I.S.). I'm currently looking for work in that field.

Hobbies are; limited (by equipment) gunsmithing for friends, hunting, IDPA, muscle cars and home theater.

I've only met one SF guy, it was when I was in ROTC back in the late 70's, he was a good guy and helped teach the classes at the University of Wisconsin - Waukesha. I'm looking to learn from the "real world" knowledge base here.
Rob_Frey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 21:29   #198
Mordecai
Asset

Hello everyone, my name is Seth and I live in Wisconsin, I am 20 years old. I have always wanted to be a Green Beret and nothing will stop me from achieving my dreams. I am currently training training training before I ship out in September. My hobbies include; reading, boating, running, weaving chainmaille, and video games from time to time. Thank you for all the useful information on this website.

Last edited by Mordecai; 04-23-2012 at 21:32.
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:31   #199
notch
Asset

Introduction

Prior Service (AD) USAF Security Forces. Currently living in NC and working towards getting into the NG and going SF.
notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:28   #200
Greyshade2
Asset

Into

I am proud to be posting an into here, finally,my son was awarded his Green Beret on April 5th. The ceremony was amazing with Ross Perot presenting the Berets and giving the speech. It has been one hell of a journey for my son and for me to be able to be part of so many highs and lows as he made his way through the Q course. What a fine group of young men on their way to influence the world most people know nothing about.
Greyshade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:52   #201
animalmenace
Asset

Introduction

Hello, PS.com! LTRFTP here. Thanks for having me.
My name is John, I'm 24 from Maryland.
I have had a very strong interest in military history since playing with my dad's old Dinky Toy Crusaders and Chieftains, and a battalion size element of diecast models, when I was ~4.
Although I did spend a lot of time considering enlisting, I never did (I would look terrible in BDU's/ACU's).
I believe very strongly that curiousity is the most important thing to have in life, so here I am. Thanks ahead of time for answering any of my questions.
And to explain my handle: animals outnumber us millions to one. One of these days they're going to overthrow civilization.
animalmenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:56   #202
mizzle
FTFSI

General Introduction

Hey everyone, I just want to provide a quick intro: I'm a 25-year-old Texan who divides his time between Kandahar and DC working for an aid organization that conducts stabilization operations in southern Afghanistan. Before this, I worked as a carpenter and as an intelligence research for a private security firm.

I am a former rower and a cross-country biker who finished a ride from Texas to Alaska three years ago. In my spare time, I'm an amateur artist and a persistent hobbyist (rock climbing, ultimate frisbee, guitar)

Last edited by mizzle; 04-25-2012 at 06:58.
mizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:15   #203
Troop
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalmenace View Post
Although I did spend a lot of time considering enlisting, I never did (I would look terrible in BDU's/ACU's).
It's a lot more about how you perform and contribute. Be MOS proficient, do well on your PT test, weapons qualification...

Some of the best soldiers in the Army look a bit goofy in their uniforms.
Troop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:22   #204
gino390
SF Candidate

A little about me

I am a 82nd Paratrooper looking to attend selection in September of this year.
I attended Greenville High School in Greenville, PA. Finished 3 years of college at Missouri Valley College wrestling on the Varsity team. I have competed in the All Army Combat ivies Tournament. I have been station at FT. Carson, FT Sill, and Now FT. Bragg.

I have been reading the following books to prep for selection:
Get Selected, The Men,the Mission, and Me, and the book The One who got away. and Fixing your Feet. I recommend reading all the books they are great source of information.

I am looking for other Candidates to train with during the week. Just shoot me a email here at quiet professionals.
gino390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:53   #205
borb11
Asset

I am 22 stationed in Bamberg, Germany. I am extremely eager to learn alot from this site and put my best efforts towards completing my goals to be Special Forces
borb11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 20:35   #206
Gus88
Asset

Introduction

QP's,

Thank you all for your service. Thank you for producing such an incredible amount of information for those of us aspiring to follow in your footsteps, this site is amazing.

During my college career I have had the opportunity to play football as well as complete a degree in secondary education which I will have in a couple weeks as I finish student teaching. While I enjoy working with kids and look forward to teaching, I am pursuing an option that has been in my head for a couple years. A couple months ago I began my discussion with a recruiter who enlightened me of the option to enlist with an 18X. Right now I am trying to decide between accepting an offer on a teaching job or making the trip to MEPS.

Thank you again, I look forward to gleaning more and more info from this site and its members.
Gus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:20   #207
warface
Asset

introduction for warface...

i am a combat veteran and i wanted to come and hang out for a while so i can learn more about the way things are done here. respect and honor to all of yours and kudos for the professionals that i have encountered in theater, impressive to say the least.

Last edited by warface; 04-26-2012 at 01:23.
warface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 18:35   #208
bjm300
Asset

Currently a High school senior. Enjoy shooting, MMA/BJJ, and working out.

Have wanted to be a Special Forces Soldier ever since I read "Chosen Soldier". Met Tim Kennedy last October and he signed the book for me, told me never to quit.

Have since then been trying to learn as much as I can about Special Forces. Currently trying to decide between 18xray or going the ROTC/OCS route to eventually become an 18A. Want to go to college first.

I feel blessed to be able to have a forum with real QPs sharing the wealth of knowledge they have about Special Forces. Thanks to all QPs on this forum for their service.
bjm300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 19:10   #209
Steak
Quiet Professional

Thumbs up Steak

34 yr old 1-10 guy, contractor for the IC and look to get guys work. Thanks for the privilege.
Steak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:12   #210
Chambes
SF Candidate

I am a former Marine looking into the Special Forces. I will be attending SFRE this summer and hopefully getting a chance to attend SFAS later this year or early next year. Trolling the forums looking for good info to better myself and my decisions over the next few months.
Chambes is offline   Reply With Quote