Old 04-07-2015, 09:53   #1831
WillofIron97
Asset

I fully recognize and accept that this part of my past is a burden I will carry with me for the rest of my life and that in order for me to get anywhere in the fields I am interested in I will have to fight tooth and nail to convince those in charge that I am perfectly capable of performing at the required standards. Serving my country, in any military capacity, wether it be in SF or a lowly potato peeler is what I dream of doing. I refuse to give up.
WillofIron97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:59   #1832
FreedomGuardian
Asset

New member introduction

I retired several years ago and just wanted to come back and hang out with old friends. My thanks to everyone on this site who keeps it up and running for the benefit of the force, for those trying to join, and for the old timers like me. In the short time I have been on the site I am amazed at how many young fresh faces are trying to get to SF. It is good to see how hard folks will work to make it to their goals. Good luck to all the new bucks moving into the force to carry the torch. Perhaps this forum is a great way to help the new faces avoid some of the pitfalls we have faced along the way.

De Oppresso Liber
FreedomGuardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 09:37   #1833
Bleed Green
Guerrilla

New Member Introduction

Good morning all. I’d like to start out by saying thank you to the creators, owners, operators and admin staff of this site, and thank you all for your service throughout the years. My nickname here is derived from my profession. I have been a U.S. Border Patrol Agent for over 30 years and could have retired 5 years ago, and I have 4 left until mandatory. This profession has defined the person that I became, thus the nickname. I hope to be able to contribute in some small way to this community as it reminds me a lot of what our culture used to be in reading the posts that I have. The values and character displayed by the membership here are above and beyond in my humble opinion. If there is ever anything that I can do for any of you, never hesitate to reach out and let me know.

Last edited by Bleed Green; 04-10-2015 at 09:39. Reason: Punctuation
Bleed Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 20:52   #1834
SABERTOOTH
Asset

Hello,

I am a civilian contemplating joining with an 18-xray. I have been coming to this site for a couple of years now and have just decided to register. I live in California and work for the family company. Thank you QPs for running this treasure trove of a site. I'd also like to thank all of you and your families for the sacrifices you have made for this country. If there are any QPs ever down in southern California, it would be an honor to buy you a beer.

" I did not have sexual relations with that woman." -Bill Clinton
SABERTOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 20:55   #1835
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Welcome all!

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:01   #1836
Mean Bone
Asset

Background:

- LEO
- ER Nurse
- Neuro ICU Nurse
- Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)

Hobbies:

- Shooting
- Flyfishing
- Kayak fishing

Purpose for joining:

Growing up I remember admiring those who knew what to do in a crisis and wanted to be that kind of person. I thrived on being a police officer. It seemed that was who I am at my core. But after 4 1/2 years, God had other plans.

I continue to maintain an active interest in law enforcement, tactics, weapons, gear, mindset, etc. Especially, what works and what doesn't. While this forum is SF I believe I will find information that will be of interest.

I will be mostly absorbing info, posting very infrequently.
Mean Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 11:26   #1837
Mad Moracan
Asset

Intro

Hi,
Recent grad of the Q-course. 18A series. Currently serving with 5th SFG (A).

Future 18As and anyone for that matter feel free to PM me with questions.
Mad Moracan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:37   #1838
osuguy15
Asset

Introduction

Hello all,

I am a graduating senior in college working on a bsba logistics degree with a Russian minor.

I have been interested in serving in the military since I was 10 years old probably and now that I am getting ready to graduate it has been really tugging at me.

My recruiter told me about 18x, which i wasnt aware of, because of my language minor so here I am researching away.

Besides that I'm just getting into shape.

Osuguy
osuguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 14:34   #1839
njanzen
Asset

Intro

Hi,

I am 20 years old and have been serving in the Illinois National Guard for the last 3 years. I have been an avid reader on this site for several years and I am FINALLY old enough to submit a packet for my states SFRA try-outs and plan on doing so within the upcoming months.

I plan on soaking up as much knowledge from the QP's themselves as I can as I continue to prepare myself.

Last edited by njanzen; 04-13-2015 at 16:02.
njanzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 21:16   #1840
Marty
Asset

Hello,

I am currently a Junior in college looking at obtaining an 18x contract after graduating. I greatly appreciate this site and everything it offers.

Thank you to all the QP's for all this information.
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 15:17   #1841
Hawkeye06
Asset

Intro

Greetings Quiet Professionals, Pineland Guerillas, Retiree's, and all others,

I am 21 years old. Currently MI looking to reclass to 18E because I'm tired of mediocrity in the Army. 3 years in service this june. Been involved with Fort Bliss SORB for over a year now. Attended SFAS class 04-15 in January but was a med drop on the day of the Star exam due to tendonitis. I'm headed back for my seccond attempt in class 08-15 with all the intentions of getting selected. This forum is a great source of knowledge and experience. Thank you to all who contribute and to those who serve and have served.

- Hawkeye06
Hawkeye06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 15:08   #1842
HFhopper35
Asset

intro

Hi,
Im an Echo, been using this site as a resource for a while, reading and learning.
trying to help build a HF database/master log book for different areas of the world,
and other useful info so you don't step on yourself when the wi fi goes out.
HFhopper35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 22:24   #1843
HappyGilmore
Asset

Name is Dustin and I'm 25. I've been a police officer for 4 years and recently just left to join the army as an Xray. This site is very helpful. I'd like to say thanks to the QP's for giving us students information and guidance.

Ruck on.

Last edited by HappyGilmore; 04-22-2015 at 09:25.
HappyGilmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:11   #1844
Livinonthebch
Asset

Intro

Started out on ODA 342 in A/2/3 when we were in the Pike Field area ('91) until '95, went to SWC and worked SFAS until '97 then back to A/2/3 (ODA 345), went over to C/2/3 when we stood up the SFAUC committee and then went to B/2/3 until I retired.
Livinonthebch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 14:10   #1845
KTX
Asset

Introduction

Hello all,

I am currently a senior at the University of Oklahoma where I will be graduating this May with a degree in Communication and minors in Religious Studies and History.

I have been determined to pursue an 18x contract for a little over a year and have been preparing accordingly. As of right now I am in the process of working with a recruiter, I have taken the ASVAB and just have to get my paperwork together and head back for the physical screening.

I have been on this site for over a year absorbing information but only now posted my introduction. In my off time I'm often rock climbing, mountain biking, or backpacking when the time and budget allow.

Thank you to the QP's for the information and knowledge y'all have given.
KTX is offline   Reply With Quote