Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Arena

Old 09-17-2020, 10:42   #61
Box
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
...ignorance of the law is is no excuse for breaking it.

"Law"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg that word.jpg (10.1 KB, 59 views)
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 10:45   #62
JGC2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
Don't be upset if I don't feel ridiculed.
How you feel is up to you. How others see you is up to them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture1.jpg (118.1 KB, 52 views)
Old 09-17-2020, 11:33   #63
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
I also thought it was a long-standing credo that ignorance of the law is is no excuse for breaking it.
These people don’t even understand the Constitution, how it’s applied to the individual or the BOR; and you expect them to know the myriad of laws under United States Code?

Come on, man!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:19   #64
bubba
Quiet Professional

The US Constitution does NOT and should NOT apply to average US Citizens. It is supposed to apply to the Government. It is a list of things the USG Must and Must NOT do. Everything else is for the People or the States (within the restrictions agreed to by the States) to figure out. I am tired of people looking to the USC for their rights. You are BORN with your Rights, and they are based on the concept of self-ownership of your body. Property Ownership is KING! The Government is there to ensure no one else (to include the government) infringes upon them.
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 14:18   #65
JGC2
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba View Post
The US Constitution does NOT and should NOT apply to average US Citizens. It is supposed to apply to the Government. It is a list of things the USG Must and Must NOT do. Everything else is for the People or the States (within the restrictions agreed to by the States) to figure out. I am tired of people looking to the USC for their rights. You are BORN with your Rights, and they are based on the concept of self-ownership of your body. Property Ownership is KING! The Government is there to ensure no one else (to include the government) infringes upon them.
Amen.

Also, when people say they love the Constitution, they mean the BOR. Everything we love about this document was added at the insistence of those who were against it from the beginning.
Old 09-17-2020, 14:58   #66
tonyz
Area Commander

Quote:
Reading that just gave me a freedom chubby.

Marcus Tullius Cicero
tonyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 15:31   #67
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Eggzactly! Thank you!

And to add to what JGC2 had to say...

Ask the next person you argue with over the Constitution where it says: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Because it seems most Americans swear this is a “Constitutional Right” spelled out in the preamble or somewhere in the BOR.

It’s not.

ETA: Colon Kapersnick should have received a league warning the first time, been suspended and fined the second time and fired after the third time for violating NFL rules stating all active players will be present and ‘stand’ for the National Anthem on the field.

Now that entire teams are staying in the locker room for the National Anthem, they should stay there and forfeit the game. Team owners should be fined as well as all the players.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)

Last edited by Old Dog New Trick; 09-17-2020 at 15:37.
Old 09-17-2020, 19:14   #68
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

They can’t walk this back fast enough.

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Steelers try to move on from flap over justice advocacy on helmets

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...acy/114055568/

Wonder if the SJW in the “Social Issues Dept.” still has a job?

Old 09-18-2020, 10:52   #69
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGC2 View Post
Amen.

Also, when people say they love the Constitution, they mean the BOR. Everything we love about this document was added at the insistence of those who were against it from the beginning.
Right on!

These past few months I'm leaning more toward the Declaration of Independence as my guiding document.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 17:06   #70
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblhead672 View Post
Right on!

These past few months I'm leaning more toward the Declaration of Independence as my guiding document.
The civility of going to great pains to make your case with a monarch across an ocean who couldn't tie their own shoelaces, as well as witness to the world why it was happening, has kept freedom-loving folks on the reactive side of things quite often. They tend to not be the first to punch the bully on the playground, whether a country or a black-bloc thug.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino

Last edited by Badger52; 07-25-2021 at 03:51. Reason: typo, conjunction
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 11:06   #71
sg1987
Guerrilla Chief

Well....the Indians are officially "DONE". I guess my Braves will be next. I may be DONE soon....
Old 07-23-2021, 11:49   #72
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Interesting how quiet "The Arena" has been for almost a year it seems...

Gross disinterest.

Juiced Players
Juiced Balls
Dead Balls
Pine Tar
"Rosin and Sweat" (wink wink)
Stop and Frisk
Imaginary Runner on 2nd
"The Shift"
100-pitch count
3 batter minimum
Spin rate
Exit VELO
Launch Angle

Kicking up the specter of fantasy sports causing people to not follow or care about a team.

I was going to mention lumping the Olympics into that pile...but didn't have the energy since the games haven't been relevant since the Cold War ended.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 13:03   #73
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I went to a Durham Bulls game this past week and it was like a trip back in time.

No politics, kneeling controversy, etc.

Just a couple of dozen guys trying to play baseball to the best of their abilities.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 06:37   #74
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Take the newfound free time and spend it outdoors and "doing", not watching.
Finest Kind
Old 07-25-2021, 03:54   #75
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
I went to a Durham Bulls game this past week and it was like a trip in time.

No politics, kneeling controversy, etc.

Just a couple of dozen guys trying to play baseball to the best of their abilities.

TR
That is seriously good to hear.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote