Old 01-22-2011, 07:55   #1
bigdaddy10493
Asset

Exchange Officer

Does SF offer any exchange programs for officers nowadays? The 18A description mentions it ("Serves as a Commander, Staff Officer, Advisor, Exchange Officer ..."), but I've been hard pressed to find an example of such a program other than Colonel Charlie Beckwith and the British SAS in the 60's. Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. I know the Navy SEALs have exchange programs with the Australian SASR and the British SBS. I was just wondering if SF does something similar. Any info would be much appreciated.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:59   #2
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy10493 View Post
Does SF offer any exchange programs for officers nowadays? The 18A description mentions it ("Serves as a Commander, Staff Officer, Advisor, Exchange Officer ..."), but I've been hard pressed to find an example of such a program other than Colonel Charlie Beckwith and the British SAS in the 60's. Maybe I just haven't looked hard enough. I know the Navy SEALs have exchange programs with the Australian SASR and the British SBS. I was just wondering if SF does something similar. Any info would be much appreciated.
It will be hard to be an exchange officer if you can not follow simple rules like POST YOUR INTRO 1st.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:18   #3
bigdaddy10493
Asset

My mistake. I took care of it.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:20   #4
Richard
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Does SF offer any exchange programs for officers nowadays?
Yes.

Richard
“Sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of (another)… There are just some kind of men who – who’re so busy worrying about the next world they’ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.” - To Kill A Mockingbird (Atticus Finch)

“Almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so.” - Robert Heinlein
Old 01-22-2011, 21:04   #5
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy10493 View Post
Why?

Are you an SF officer?

I thought you wanted to be an 18X?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Closed Thread