Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 09-15-2014, 09:55   #31
Sdiver
Area Commander

I recently picked up this pack. It's not bad, I'd rate it 6.5/7 out of 10.

I like the molle system, and the fact that the three external pockets can be detached and reattached as needed. Also the large outer pocket has different carrying options.

http://nationalparksdepot.us/product...k?ref=yotpo_94

I was able to find a deal with the company where they included a 3L camelback bladder and their 9-in-1 tool. The tool is fairly cheap and I don't think it would hold up that long, but having something is better than having nothing.

Click on the "Home" button at the top of the page to check out some of the other items they have to offer.

ETA .... Here is the link to the "Survival Bundle" I picked up.

http://nationalparksdepot.us/product...nd-tool-bundle

Like I posted above, the tool is cheap, but it is better than nothing in a pinch.

Last edited by Sdiver; 09-15-2014 at 10:00.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:47   #32
PhyrricVictory
Asset

I've had one of these for going on 4 years.
http://www.dsgear.com/collections/ge.../bpm#&panel1-2
In the first year, I had a seam rip, and Chris from Datsusara sent me a new bag, sight unseen, and told me to keep the old one.

It is a little small for what your stated needs are, but they have larger sizes.

The pros I found are
1) Great customer service

2) It's made out of hemp, which if you follow their marketing is superior. Personally I've used it for many years in the rain, with stinky BJJ gi's, camping, commuting. It never got that "funk" you associate with textiles and gym bags.

Cons
1) It is a bit pricey

2) NOT made in the US. (I can forgive this a bit since it is Hemp)
PhyrricVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 10:54   #33
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrricVictory View Post
In the first year, I had a seam rip, and Chris from Datsusara sent me a new bag, sight unseen, and told me to keep the old one.

It is a little small for what your stated needs are, but they have larger sizes.

The pros I found are
1) Great customer service

2) It's made out of hemp, which if you follow their marketing is superior. Personally I've used it for many years in the rain, with stinky BJJ gi's, camping, commuting. It never got that "funk" you associate with textiles and gym bags.

Cons
1) It is a bit pricey

2) NOT made in the US. (I can forgive this a bit since it is Hemp)
Why do they compare it to cotton, and not Cordura / ballistic nylon, which is what almost all of the other bags are made of?

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 11:09   #34
PhyrricVictory
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Why do they compare it to cotton, and not Cordura / ballistic nylon, which is what almost all of the other bags are made of?

TR
Sir, I do not know why they chose to compare it to cotton. I provided the info separate from the link as a cliff note to highlight one of the main differences from most bags. I endorse it through several years of personal use, rather than following the advertisement.
PhyrricVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 00:24   #35
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyrricVictory View Post
Thanks! Looked at it, doesn't look like hemp at all (well, maybe because if I think "hemp" I think those beige bags they startet in the 70's...).

The Battlepack Core would be the size I want, but it's sold out. I still have some other options to look at.

Sdiver, thank you for the link to nationalparksdepot too.

The feedback here has been great, thanks again gentlemen!
Old 09-19-2014, 04:30   #36
x SF med
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike-munich View Post
Thanks! Looked at it, doesn't look like hemp at all (well, maybe because if I think "hemp" I think those beige bags they startet in the 70's...).

The Battlepack Core would be the size I want, but it's sold out. I still have some other options to look at.

Sdiver, thank you for the link to nationalparksdepot too.

The feedback here has been great, thanks again gentlemen!
Mike -
Have you looked at AWS? They have a good 3 day pack for about US$70, and if you buy 50 of them they'll give you a 15% discount... only $2,998.50 for 50 CONUS ground shipping included ... but you need a mil id or leo id to get the sale price. They only have coyote (tan) in stock.

BTW, made in the USA and I have a multicam 3day, it's friggin bulletproof.

Hearing, I forget. Seeing, I remember. Writing (doing), I understand. Chinese Proverb

Too many people are looking for a magic bullet. As always, shot placement is the key. ~TR
x SF med is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 04:49   #37
mike-munich
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by x SF med View Post
Mike -
Have you looked at AWS? They have a good 3 day pack for about US$70, and if you buy 50 of them they'll give you a 15% discount... only $2,998.50 for 50 CONUS ground shipping included ... but you need a mil id or leo id to get the sale price. They only have coyote (tan) in stock.

BTW, made in the USA and I have a multicam 3day, it's friggin bulletproof.

SFmed, thanks for the lead! Just seen it on Amazon.com, for 55.65 plus 10.65. Looks like my current pack, although the one I have seems to be the cheap China knockoff of the AWS model. I like that this is 1000D nylon and Made in the USA.

CONUS shipping wouldn't be an issue since I have a TX. address. The problem is reselling 49 packs and coming up with almost 3 grand.

This might be just what I'm looking for... Thanks!!