Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 12-22-2018, 07:15   #16
bubba
Quiet Professional

Something about history and repeating?

Yeah, that article is like dejavu all over again.... only this time, just maybe our POTUS cares more about the country and NOT repeating history than his “legacy” or the “family name”..... Guess that’s what happens when you already have your name on the building, private helo on the roof, and a couple Bil in the safe, you just do what you think is right and tell it like you see it.

No wonder Pravda hates this guy!

MAGA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
Indeed!

They both fear ISIS factions uprooting their power domestically but they aren’t really helping in Yemen...unless they get a chance to kill Huthis or Iranian advisors.

Interesting article written in 2005 by a former DIRNSA but still germane (IMO) today.

http://www.niemanwatchdog.org/index....&askthisid=129
“Use teamwork and control. A squad without teamwork and control is nothing more than a small mob with weapons. Success depends on a high level of teamwork and control within the squad.” — pg. 3-596 STP 7-11BCHM-SM-TG

“Let’s go Brandon!” — Kelli Stavast

"...I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.” — Thomas Jefferson

When the Revolution goes “live”, the People I’m worried about, are NOT the People I worry about. — Me
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 13:27   #17
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

The swamp draining strategy is being accomplished through self identification of the swamp critters or quitters....Trump is giving us the gift of the transparency we want...... his rhetoric draws out the puss in politics his actions expose the quitters and the anti American special interest congressmen and the agendas that most of Americans were not aware of to the degree we can now see it.....in the words of our forefather Benjamin Franklin when asked if they had given us a monarchy or a republic to which he replied "A republic if you can keep it". How many more "Et Tu Brute" moments will he endure......Trump is a man after our hearts.

Trump in his time on the campaign trail has given us the corruption for us to see as an outsider and non career politician he has been immune to the financial charms of office and corruption that made the Clintons and Obamas independently wealthy.....he has dawn out the evil and ridiculous for us to judge much like sending out a decoy to draw fire and expose the enemy he has done this. Our military leaders were so bold we saw it under Obama as to quit trying to conceal their personal agendas and the direction they were willing to go the depths they were willing to sink and the non chalant sacrifice of its loyal servants through something we believe in by following an order the slap in the face was allowing to believe our qualified opinions mattered.

Trump continues to expose what has been hidden from we the people the ugly truth of D.C. which leads us to the same question we could ask after he leaves office "what have you given us Mr President" to which he can reply "I have shown and exposed what is wrong with our nation.......I have stripped the senate of it's clothes....I have given you the opportunity to reclaim your republic of its deceivers"...

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 12-22-2018 at 13:32.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 15:33   #18
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
A little chuckle.

Now that the crayon is in the pocket,, it's a travesty that Big Jim "retires"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama fired who??
Obama Fires Top General Without Even a Phone Call, Daniel Halper @danielhalper
January 25, 2013 at 10:26 AM

President Barack Obama fired General James Mattis, the head of Central Command, without even calling the general to let him know he was being replaced.

"I am told that General Mattis was travelling and in a meeting when an aide passed him a note telling him that the Pentagon had announced his replacement as head of Central Command. It was news to him -- he hadn't received a phone call or a heads-up from anyone at the Pentagon or the White House," Thomas E. Ricks reports.

In another post, Ricks says Mattis was fired because:

Pentagon insiders say that he rubbed civilian officials the wrong way -- not because he went all "mad dog," which is his public image, and the view at the White House, but rather because he pushed the civilians so hard on considering the second- and third-order consequences of military action against Iran. Some of those questions apparently were uncomfortable. Like, what do you do with Iran once the nuclear issue is resolved and it remains a foe? What do you do if Iran then develops conventional capabilities that could make it hazardous for U.S. Navy ships to operate in the Persian Gulf? He kept saying, "And then what?"

There is also a belief that Mattis and Obama differed on Iran. "A particular point of disagreement was what to do about mischief Iran is exporting to other countries. Mattis is indeed more hawkish on this than the White House was," writes Ricks in yet another post.

"National Security Advisor Tom Donilon in particular was irked by Mattis's insistence on being heard. I cringe when I hear about civilians shutting down strategic discussions. That is exactly what the Bush administration did in late 2002 when generals persisted in questioning whether it was wise to invade Iraq. That led to what some might call a fiasco."

link:

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 15:56   #19
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindy View Post
Indeed!

They both fear ISIS factions uprooting their power domestically but they aren’t really helping in Yemen...unless they get a chance to kill Huthis or Iranian advisors.

Interesting article written in 2005 by a former DIRNSA but still germane (IMO) today.

http://www.niemanwatchdog.org/index....&askthisid=129
From Reuters:

Quote:
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Alarmed by a U.S. decision to leave Syria, Kurdish leaders who run much of the north are urging Russia and its ally Damascus to send forces to shield the border from the threat of a Turkish offensive.

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:02   #20
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

I keep reading the "concerns" of congressmen about Trump pulling troops out of Syria

My money says these politicos don't care about how many soldiers have died but they do care about is the military industrial complex jobs that are lost as a result.....all the POS companies, gov officials, DOD a-holes who have or plan to profit care more about hyperbolic reporting on the MiddleEast instead of getting our people out....we have not had an endstate,or a consistent strategy since we started....then again there isn't going to be one when this much wealth is being made and IMO there are a few tit for tat collaborators in uniform and OGA's etc.....these representatives I would bet are more worried about being voted out by their constituents when war supporting jobs in their districts dissappear.....God bless LG Smedley Butler's insight into the business of war except in his day it was oil, sugar etc....today it is about the profiteers the age of contracting....the experts? they are watching the future money they planned on go away

Last edited by WarriorDiplomat; 12-28-2018 at 01:19.
WarriorDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 06:07   #21
Ret10Echo
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
.God bless LG Smedley Butler's insight into the business of war except in his day it was oil, sugar etc....today it is about the profiteers the age of contracting....the experts? they are watching the future money they planned on go away
Carpet baggers of a different era.

There is a lot of power associated with large budgets controlled by the Kritters...they don't want a reduction in their power and the 'gifts' they receive

What would the estimate be on veteran unemployment without the forever wars? Negligible?

Does that lead to a donwnsizing of the military (historically that is the cycle)?

Maybe a little more attention paid to the shenanigans to the south....

James Madison
Ret10Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 06:21   #22
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ret10Echo View Post
Maybe a little more attention paid to the shenanigans to the south....
The "government" has, for many years, not been in the service of the reasonable sector of the population, because reasonable people are the last ones to pick up the torches & pitchforks. Plus ca change... same shit, different trough.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 06:27   #23
cbtengr
Area Commander

I just find it amazing that Mattis retires and suddenly the dims amd MSM are concerned about national security.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:03   #24
PedOncoDoc
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
I just find it amazing that Mattis retires and suddenly the dims amd MSM are concerned about national security.
Quite simply, they refuse to let any small thing go to waste if they can use it to drum up fears and angst in the populace...
‎"The dignity of man is not shattered in a single blow, but slowly softened, bent, and eventually neutered. Men are seldom forced to act, but are constantly restrained from acting. Such power does not destroy outright, but prevents genuine existence. It does not tyrannize immediately, but it dampens, weakens, and ultimately suffocates, until the entire population is reduced to nothing better than a flock of timid, uninspired animals, of which the government is shepherd." - Alexis de Tocqueville
PedOncoDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 13:29   #25
WarriorDiplomat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedOncoDoc View Post
Quite simply, they refuse to let any small thing go to waste if they can use it to drum up fears and angst in the populace...
The burden of living in a nation where consent of the governed is needed..,global warming, conflict etc....are all economies driven by fear...I heard a GB say our biggest imminent threat is global warming
Old 12-28-2018, 13:34   #26
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorDiplomat View Post
...are all economies driven by fear...
To me, the saddest part of that is that the sheep have allowed themselves to be led by fear. They are scared of everything and the political wolves, MSM, etc., all know and exploit it to the fullest. Pathetic really!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 15:34   #27
TrapperFrank
Quiet Professional

I never bought into the cult of Mattis. To me he was nothing more than a leg jarhead. That said, he was at odds with his bosses goals. It was time for him to go plain and simple. He can now get some cake job at a think tank or on some corporate board of directors. AMF General Mattis!
TrapperFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 17:15   #28
Astronomy
Quiet Professional

Quote:
I never bought into the cult of Mattis. To me he was nothing more than a leg jarhead.
This. All the recycled Mad-Dog-as-Chuck-Norris jokes/memes aside... what exactly did he do for the last two years that makes his imminent departure some sort of historical crisis?

Sorry, but at 2-star level and above, it's all political, and hero-to-zero overnight. Even more so within the rarefied civilian atmosphere of Cabinet & White House posts. He wasn't in synch with his Boss. That inevitably leads to a predictable outcome.
Astronomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 17:37   #29
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

It’s funny when people do exactly what they say they will do and all hell breaks out in the media. (The bias is showing and the hypocrisy has reached an all time high.)

Nicky Haley, Jim Mattis and many many more are doing what they said they would do. Serve in President Trump’s cabinet for as long as he will have them or leave when it benefits both parties and of a time where transitions are normally taking place.

I believe both said they would leave after the midterms when they accepted the job. Both performed admirably and both have raised the bar with regards to the stooges during the last administration and many before them.

It was good to see a “military” man given the job as Secretary of Defense again after so many failed civilians have been given that post and pushed agendas that are inconsistent with military service.

I only wish he (Mattis) had done more to stop and reboot the policy decisions of the last administration to restore order and discipline within the ranks.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 19:45   #30
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
It’s funny when people do exactly what they say they will do and all hell breaks out in the media. (The bias is showing and the hypocrisy has reached an all time high.)

Nicky Haley, Jim Mattis and many many more are doing what they said they would do. Serve in President Trump’s cabinet for as long as he will have them or leave when it benefits both parties and of a time where transitions are normally taking place.

I believe both said they would leave after the midterms when they accepted the job. Both performed admirably and both have raised the bar with regards to the stooges during the last administration and many before them.

It was good to see a “military” man given the job as Secretary of Defense again after so many failed civilians have been given that post and pushed agendas that are inconsistent with military service.

I only wish he (Mattis) had done more to stop and reboot the policy decisions of the last administration to restore order and discipline within the ranks.
Very well said indeed!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote