Old 02-28-2019, 11:30   #2491
Shojudan
Quiet Professional

Following instructions

SFAS 2009 - A/1-1 2012 | C/1-1 till 2015 - HHC 20th G till two weeks ago - Civilian once again
Old 03-02-2019, 22:57   #2492
scout2driver
Asset

Here to learn

I am 33y/o currently waiting for my trip to MEPS and Rep 63 contract. I am training and reading everything I can get my hands on.
scout2driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 15:15   #2493
Sertorian
Asset

Hello gents,

24 y/old, recently enlisted in the Guard with a Rep-63. Read the forums religiously prior to enlisting to get a better idea of the trials ahead, and what the profession entails. Just wanted to say hello, and thanks for the insight.

Cheers
Sertorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 10:24   #2494
james.ledger
Asset

Introduction

Hello name is James im 33 years old i served in the army from 2006-2010 im married have a 6 mouth old baby girl and my wife is pregnant with our second ive always regretted getting out of the army and believe its now or never
james.ledger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:17   #2495
MJMari
BANNED USER

Hello dear friends.
MJMari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:23   #2496
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMari View Post
Hello dear friends.
Try again. This time with substance,and without being a smartass, as well as filling out your Profile page.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 10:38   #2497
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Try again. This time with substance,and without being a smartass, as well as filling out your Profile page.
Check the link in the profile.

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 16:19   #2498
Joker
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMari View Post
Hello dear friends.
Nope, not here. Your shit is in the hall. Don't come back.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:59   #2499
Trapper John
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Nope, not here. Your shit is in the hall. Don't come back.
I love succinct efficiency of action
Old 03-26-2019, 13:51   #2500
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:04   #2501
PretzelFactory
Asset

Introduction

Good afternoon gents,

I stumbled on this site a few months back, looking for some tidbits while I get ready for selection. I am 27, 1LT in a Transportation Co (Guard) in Pennsylvania. I have gone through SFREs in NC and continue to await IST into the NC guard. Once IST is complete, ill be off to SFAS. It might be odd hearing a Transportation Officer going this route, but this is the direction I wish to pursue.

If you are a junior officer in an non-combat arms branch, like myself, it is imperative to get with your readiness NCO (and SF unit transitioning into) and stay on top of specific paper work needed!

In the mean time, I enjoy daily workouts and finding new methods to improve my overall fitness.

Rich
PretzelFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:39   #2502
pmandal
Asset

Introduction

Good morning gentlemen:

I originally was going to wait until I commission to introduce myself but decided it would be best to write an introduction so that I can reach out to members on the site (there are quite a few posts/threads that have been answered hundreds of times either somewhere on this forum or elsewhere on the internet and I won't add to that clutter).

In January, I signed my 09S contract for active duty. I want to branch Infantry, Armor, or Engineering. I am currently double majoring in Computer Engineering and Applied Mathematics and am minoring in Physics with a 3.65 GPA and am graduating this month.

I have worked as a researcher at my university and have a book chapter published on neural networks. I hope to publish one or two more papers before I ship to basic as I wish to apply to be an instructor at West Point in the future. I imagine it will be difficult to conduct research while active duty.

As for hobbies, almost all of my free time is spent training BJJ or Muay Thai. I try to train at least 8-10 hours per week. I also run and do calisthenics two to three times per week to increase my max number of pushups, situps, and decrease my runtime. I also like to read and am currently teaching myself Latin.

As far as research for Special Forces goes, I have read Get Selected by LTC Joseph Martin and have read through much of this site. It will be about 3 years before I can even attend SFAS so I am much more concerned about doing well at OCS so that I can branch Infantry.

If any of you wish to reach out or have any advice for me (whether you be SF or not) I encourage you to me a PM. This is the main reason why I am posting in the first place.

Very Respectfully,
Paul

Last edited by pmandal; 04-30-2019 at 09:28.
pmandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:08   #2503
Joker
Quiet Professional

Welcome and the very best of luck! Train hard.
Old 04-19-2019, 17:43   #2504
pmandal
Asset

Quote:
Welcome and the very best of luck! Train hard.
Thank you, Chief Warrant Officer. I always do!
pmandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 13:04   #2505
El Caudillo
Asset

Introduction

Hello,
I have been following this site a few years now. I felt it was time to introduce myself. I am a retired 18E looking to connect with other likeminded individuals and have polite discussion on variety of topics of interest.
El Caudillo is offline   Reply With Quote