Old 07-22-2004, 08:36   #1
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

Fahrenheit 7/26: Michael Moore: I will crash Kerry's party

Quote:
Fahrenheit 7/26: Michael Moore: I will crash Kerry's party
By Dave Wedge
Thursday, July 22, 2004

Democrats were abuzz and Republicans aghast yesterday as Bush-hating filmmaker Michael Moore unveiled plans to descend upon, and steal some thunder from, John F. Kerry's hometown nominating party.

Moore will team up with the Democratic presidential primary's chief Bush critic, Howard Dean [related, bio], for one of his three Hub appearances in the first two days of the convention.

Republicans said the ``Fahrenheit 9/11'' creator will reflect poorly as a surrogate for Kerry.

``It's just another example of the pessimism and the conspiracy theories coming from John Kerry [related, bio] and John Kerry surrogates,'' said Kevin Madden, spokesman for the Bush-Cheney campaign.

``We're seeing a lot of hate and vitriol from this John Kerry celebrity set - Michael Moore, Whoopi Goldberg. It shows that their intent is to frame anger as an agenda.''

Democrats, though careful to say Moore won't outshine Kerry, brimmed with excitement.

``Clearly the star of the week will be Sen. Kerry and Sen. (John) Edwards, but having Michael Moore in Boston to enjoy the events just adds a lot of excitement to everything else going on,'' Massachusetts Democratic Party spokeswoman Jane Lane said.

``I don't see it diminishing the real star of the week, but I think every Democrat in Massachusetts will be thrilled.''

Kerry, whose campaign has gone out of its way to avoid Moore and his movie's controversial claims, wouldn't comment on his appearances.

Moore, who won't be among the 15,000 credentialed Democratic National Convention journalists, will appear at a screening of his ``Fahrenheit 9/11'' at the Coolidge Corner Theater in Brookline.

He also will speak Monday to the Congressional Black Caucus.

The CBC, comprised of 39 African-American members of Congress, was prominently featured in ``Fahrenheit 9/11,'' complaining that Bush ``stole'' the 2000 election.

``We're like minds. He shares that focus of bringing in a new leadership,'' CBC spokeswoman Candace Tolliver said. ``We're happy to have him.''

The private screening in Brookline will be for members of the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, including 150 DNC delegates.

As if hundreds of Dems and anarchists wasn't enough, now we get this.

Stock up on the bottled water and SPAM, chaos is a comin !
Old 07-22-2004, 08:42   #2
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Well, if there was any doubt that he was the Josef Goebbels of the Democratic Party and was using the media to put Kerry in the Oval Office, that veil of journalistic credibility and impartiality has just been lifted.

On the other hand, Kreskin just predicted a Bush win in an election that, as RL thinks, will not even be close.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 13:16   #3
Bravo1-3
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
On the other hand, Kreskin just predicted a Bush win in an election that, as RL thinks, will not even be close.

TR
I can't agree more with that statement. I think Bush is going to bury Kerry by 15 or more percent. I also think that the GOP is going to get handed a filibuster-proof majority in the house and senate.
Bravo1-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 13:33   #4
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally posted by Bravo1-3
I can't agree more with that statement. I think Bush is going to bury Kerry by 15 or more percent. I also think that the GOP is going to get handed a filibuster-proof majority in the house and senate.
If that happens, I will open up the bar in my house and take the next day off to read the papers, watch the talking heads, listen to talk radio, and send thanks to God, who the Dems deny exists.

Unfortunately, I am not sure of that outcome yet.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

Old 07-22-2004, 13:50   #5
DunbarFC
Guerrilla

I just hope there is something left of Boston after next week

The security is pretty tight but so far I haven't heard them confirm that Teddy K is not allowed to drive

A nervous city awaits............
Old 07-22-2004, 14:01   #6
Sacamuelas
JAWBREAKER

Quote:
Originally posted by The Reaper
If that happens, I will open up the bar in my house and take the next day off... TR
Is that an invite?

-pushy tooth doc who likes open bars who is now praying for a landslide instead of a simple defeat of john k. LOL
Sacamuelas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 14:18   #7
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally posted by Sacamuelas
Is that an invite?
You and I think alike -- at least on this one!
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 14:24   #8
Roycroft201
Guerrilla

Smile

LOL - and I was thinking the same thing as RL and Saca.

"HEY, EVERYBODY !! PARTY AT TR's HOUSE !!" sir.

Roycroft201
Roycroft201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 23:34   #9
Radar Rider
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally posted by Bravo1-3
I appreciate the optimism there! But, I tend a little more toward caution. I think that the outcome will be 54% Bush, 43% sKerry, and 1% for Nader.

Oh yeah: Fuck Michael Moore!
Radar Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 03:11   #10
brownapple

Quote:
Originally posted by Radar Rider
I appreciate the optimism there! But, I tend a little more toward caution. I think that the outcome will be 54% Bush, 43% sKerry, and 1% for Nader.

Oh yeah: Fuck Michael Moore!
Popular vote? Could be. Of course, the President is not elected by popular vote but by the Electoral College. I think there is a fair chance that GW Bush could win the most lopsided Electoral election in history.
Old 07-23-2004, 05:04   #11
Radar Rider
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally posted by Greenhat
Popular vote? Could be. Of course, the President is not elected by popular vote but by the Electoral College. I think there is a fair chance that GW Bush could win the most lopsided Electoral election in history.
If GW wins every state, then that might come true. Remember that in 1984 that Ronald Reagan won 49 states, and Mondale won one. Electorally, it was 535 to 3. I woke up the day after the election, and felt proud of myself. Why? I wasn't even running, but I was only three votes behind Mondale.

Believe me, I hope for the death of the democRATic party; maybe this election will do it!
Radar Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 05:46   #12
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

I think you folks are being way too optimistic, for example, I see very little hope of Pres Bush capturing CA, NY, or most of the New England states.

You start with that base, and add in a few of the large northern mid-West states, you are most of the way to winning the electoral vote.

Yeah, if the Pres manages to win, particularly if it is a landslide, y'all come on over for the party.

TR

Old 07-23-2004, 07:21   #13
brownapple

Might remember that the Governor of New York is a Republican, and so is the Governor of California. Things are changing, whether they are as large as some of the indicators I see from my far-off viewpoint will show in the final results of the election.