Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2018, 06:49   #1
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Saws

The subject came up in another thread, thought I would share a few that I use.
The venerable Stihl 025 after 15 years of hard work I attached the drill. The drill attachment is nice out in the field away from power sources, it has a unique clutch, when you pull back on the saw/drill the bit reverses and backs out of the work. The second 025 I bought and used the next 15 years was taken....sadly Stihl discontinued the 025 * and came out with a Farm Boss, I understand that may have been discontinued so I bought a larger version for the bigger work and also a smaller version is nice for smaller work ( smaller chains though and different files). After Hurricanes there were weeks when a saw was literally attached. All my power tools have been stihl they are very reliable to say the least. A professional lumberman might chime in and claim they prefer Husqvarna...no doubt they are good saws and what little use I had with them the chains are heavier.

* Had to change the model so they could sell some more saws I suppose.

As for the Silky's, you may not need a profesional tree pruner with 3 sections and a 21' reach but the smaller "Ibuki" I highly recommend!! While it is not a folder it is a serious saw and can out do a chain saw in certain situations ( by the time you get a chain saw out gas, oil it and get it running you can get a good bit of certain work done with the Ibuki) it also reduces the signature of the cuts ( minimum dust). It is one of those tools you'll be glad you have and use despite it's price!

The Swiss Army knife....I have that with me most of the time, it cuts many smaller jobs just fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 034.jpg (169.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 036.jpg (155.3 KB, 59 views)

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote