Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 05-11-2006, 17:46   #16
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Five-O:
No arguement on the utilization of a secondary weapon as exactly that...a SECONDARY weapon. Hence the rifle magazines on my 1st line gear.
This plate carrier has an internal velcro pocket behind the double stack tier in the front where a handgun can be placed. I have stuck my wife's P229 there and it is quite huge...I would expect anything I was issued to be equally large. Depending on what I have in the admin pouch, it should be easily accessable. This set-up may require removal of some items from the admin pouches' interior. Time will tell. I like the easy detachability of this thigh rig as well.

RL:
The pager is ancient, held together with scotch tape at each battery change. It has a horribly dim light that dims to zero if in vibrate mode. If lost, I could easily find a replacement in the "pager box" at the local Goodwill.
Nothing but the best

Eagle

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 18:01   #17
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Looking good Brother. Egg does indeed do great work.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
NousDefionsDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 19:37   #18
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

Eagle5US,
Take the T-2. It's just a knife. If it doesn't come back, we'll talk. I've got ya covered.
bill
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 20:56   #19
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5US
Warrior-Mentor-
Sir-going to Ft. Leonard Wood to work in their ER next. My PROFIS slot is an issue that I am wheeling and dealing with. I am involved with some true "Operator haters" but haven't yet given up hope.

On a positive note-my CCW is good in Missouri

Eagle
Eagle,

While your at wood check out the IED Courses there. DA open up some new course that EOD-TD was to run and control but with the Army's preal of wisdom they pass the SME off to the Engineer branch.
Anyways the center is called: Counter Explosive Hazards Center (CEHC)
Something for the old tool belt

Hopefully you like to hunt; Deers and turkeys are great there and Lake of the Ozarks is some good times.

VG

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 20:59   #20
MtnGoat
Quiet Professional

knife situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5US
My knife situation for the rig is lacking at this point. I am not taking my T-2 to the desert, nor my Yarborough. I do have a Benchmade folder on it that I plan to have as my backup and a Swiss Army in my pocket-but I haven't gotten a true Combat Folder or Fixed Blade for the rig...yet.
Eagle
My next knife will be a Hide A Way, maybe two. Next deployment $$

History teaches that when you become indifferent and lose the will to fight someone who has the will to fight will take over."

COLONEL BULL SIMONS

Intelligence failures are failures of command [just] as operations failures are command failures.”
MtnGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:52   #21
militarymoron
Guerrilla

nice writeup and pics, eagle. i get the same complaints from my wife when i ask her to snap pics for me.
on the HSGI suspenders, i don't have square shoulders, so i used to have the same issue. the triangle separator at the back is there because gene can't sew a fixed 'X' as everyone has different needs, but when you figure out where the best place for the 'X' is in the back (the highest you can slide the plastic triangle so that they don't slip off the shoulders), mark the place and angle that the straps cross, take off the plastic triangle, and sew the 'X' permanantly.
something else that will help is to put a few flat squiggles of shoe goo, silicone cement, etc under the straps where they go over your shoulders. i just put some wavy lines of hot glue, and they really make a difference in keeping them from slipping off.
cheers,
MM
militarymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 15:02   #22
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

I did exactly what MM is saying with mine, but I left the plastic thingy on there. So it only goes down to the sewn portion and stops. Works fine. Took the stitch bitch all of 30 seconds.
Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 05-12-2006, 15:06   #23
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Harsey
Eagle5US,
Take the T-2. It's just a knife. If it doesn't come back, we'll talk. I've got ya covered.
bill
"Just a knife"? LOL. Yeah right - Raquel Welch is "just" a woman. 754 was "just" an A-Team. Bob Howard is "just" a Green Hat. COME ON! This is serious!

But do take it Eagle Brother. That's the kind of place you want the best available.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 05-12-2006, 15:49   #24
eggroll
Guerrilla

maybe I should tell you of the prototypes in work

a simple diamond stitch is all it takes to secure the suspenders -

EGG
Old 05-12-2006, 15:55   #25
NousDefionsDoc
Quiet Professional

Tell! Tell! And get a hook up with AMEX!
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?
Old 05-12-2006, 18:00   #26
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by NousDefionsDoc
"Just a knife"? LOL. Yeah right - Raquel Welch is "just" a woman. 754 was "just" an A-Team. Bob Howard is "just" a Green Hat. COME ON! This is serious!

But do take it Eagle Brother. That's the kind of place you want the best available.
I agree.

If it doesn't have a serial number, I wouldn't worry about it. In fact, if the budget allows, I would consider getting a civilian Green Beret knife to take with me.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 14:47   #27
eggroll
Guerrilla

Eagle5

On the next revision, that triple/triple ought to be a double double pouch.

Feel free to shoot back any feedback.
Old 01-24-2007, 16:56   #28
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

I have two questions:

1. Has there been further progress on this?

2. Is the pistol a USP or something else?

Thanks in advance.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 17:15   #29
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguish Lawyer
I have two questions:

1. Has there been further progress on this?

2. Is the pistol a USP or something else?

Thanks in advance.
1. What, the pager, or an LA lawyer war rig?

2. If it is the one the US Army issues him, it is a Beretta.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 17:20   #30
Roguish Lawyer
Consigliere

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
1. What, the pager, or an LA lawyer war rig?
His rig, which he said was a work in progress.

My rig is still in the design stage.
Roguish Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote