Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Early Bird

Old 06-22-2017, 17:00   #16
MR2
Quiet Professional

Something about this stop does not smell right.

Quote:
"I thought, I was gonna die," Officer Jeronimo Yanez told investigators from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension fifteen hours after the shooting. "And I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five year old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me. And, I let off the rounds and then after the rounds were off, the little girls was screaming."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.089f5bdd6a5b

It's Never Crowded Along the Extra Mile - Wayne Dyer

WOKE = Willfully Overlooking Known Evil
MR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 19:32   #17
Scimitar
Area Commander

In regards to the LEO or the driver?

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp"
-- Robert Browning

"Hooah! Pushing thru the shit til Daisies grow, Sir"
-- Me

"Malo mori quam foedari"
"Death before Dishonour"
-- Family Coat-of-Arms Maxim

"Mārohirohi! Kia Kaha!"
"Be strong! Drive-on!"
-- Māori saying
Scimitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:51   #18
JimP
Quiet Professional

I've read a BUNCH on this incident; watched the video tapes and everything I can get on the subject. I also teach use of force and engagement dynamics - the police officer did nothing wrong. This scrote controlled his own fate. When a cop tells you NOT to reach for the weapon not once...not twice...but three times and you still reach for it (may actually have been going for his wallet but that will blend with my next point), then you have asked for a pizza to be delivered. Don't be surprised when it shows up.

Cops, soldiers, etc are NOT paid to divine "intentions". In fact, it is impossible. However, we are trained to divine CAPABILITY. You secure the scene and control people. In an unsecure scene with an individual that is NOT responsive to your lawful commands, then you need to act on the capability displayed. The law does NOT require you to gamble with your life. Action ALWAYS beats reaction so the law takes into account that you cannot wait for the scrote to get his hands on the gun or point it at the cop/soldier.

I wish more people understood this, more commanders understood it and more freaking military attorneys understood this simple concept.
JimP is offline   Reply With Quote