Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Special Forces > Base Camp

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 19:51   #1
CRod2487
Asset

Nick Sadler via Tucker Max

http://www.hoo-ah.net/archive.phtml

I realize many here do not know who Tucker Max is. He is a humorist of note and has one of the most viewed personal websites on the net. He is incredibly funny and while reading his blog I noticed another user who titled his blog "hooh-ah". Come to find out its a SF soldier who used to be a fortune 500 junior VP in NYC, and dropped everything to joing the Army for SF. Anyone who is a fan of the film "office space" will love the way his relation with his boss came to a head. Unfortunately his blog only recounts up to his first night at Ft. Benning for Basic. It is almost entirely about the months leading up to it though which is nothing short of engrossing.

p.s. In the first blog it states that Nick Sadler is a pseudonym and the story of A-Stan is only loosly based on a real experience so I dont think this violates anything sensitive. If it however does I apologize and will take down immediately.

Curt
Old 08-13-2008, 12:28   #2
Stryker1A
Asset

Excellent Read...Thanks for sharing it.

SCOUTS OUT!-Stryker1A

With so much knowledge, how can one ever learn it all? The key is to realize that we can't learn it all. WE can only strive to master the small amount of knowledge we will learn during our short stay in this world.
Old 08-13-2008, 15:41   #3
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRod2487 View Post

I realize many here do not know who Tucker Max is. He is a humorist of note and has one of the most viewed personal websites on the net. He is incredibly funny and while reading his blog I noticed another user who titled his blog "hooh-ah". Come to find out its a SF soldier who used to be a fortune 500 junior VP in NYC, and dropped everything to joing the Army for SF. Anyone who is a fan of the film "office space" will love the way his relation with his boss came to a head. Unfortunately his blog only recounts up to his first night at Ft. Benning for Basic. It is almost entirely about the months leading up to it though which is nothing short of engrossing.

p.s. In the first blog it states that Nick Sadler is a pseudonym and the story of A-Stan is only loosly based on a real experience so I dont think this violates anything sensitive. If it however does I apologize and will take down immediately.
Curt
I am confused. This guy is SF? I see nothing to show he is SF and to me it is just another Bull Shit Blogger. Please set me straight but I could not show anything to prove otherwise. Why would this be of interest here?
Help me if you can.......
Old 08-13-2008, 16:15   #4
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRod2487 View Post

Curt
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF_BHT View Post
I am confused. This guy is SF? I see nothing to show he is SF and to me it is just another Bull Shit Blogger. Please set me straight but I could not show anything to prove otherwise. Why would this be of interest here?

I know Tucker and I know a few others that know Tucker, I'll be happy to find out who this blogger is..... and if in fact he's SF.
Old 08-13-2008, 16:34   #5
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I know Tucker and I know a few others that know Tucker, I'll be happy to find out who this blogger is..... and if in fact he's SF.
Good, this blogger is out there...from my perspective...
Things you tell drunk in the team room but Post it on the Net?
Old 08-13-2008, 18:01   #6
Gypsy
Area Commander

Quote:
I've met Tucker Max...he struck me as an individual that strives to be sure a person is who they say they are, though we all know how that one situation turned out.
Old 08-13-2008, 19:48   #7
Mav
Guerrilla

He was angrier than almost anyone else was...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPL Mick Bekowsky, USMC, 6 Sep 2004, Fallujah --- Never Forgotten
Old 08-14-2008, 06:16   #8
greenberetTFS
Quiet Professional (RIP)

Quote:
I to am... Why post here?
I believe that SF is a 'calling' - not too different from the calling missionaries I know received. I knew instantly that it was for me, and that I would do all I could to achieve it. Most others I know in SF experienced something similar. If, as you say, you HAVE searched and read, and you do not KNOW if this is the path for you --- it is not....
Zonie Diver

SF is a calling and it requires commitment and dedication that the uninitiated will never understand......
Jack Moroney

SFA M-2527, Chapter XXXVII
Old 08-14-2008, 07:57   #9
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

After reading some of the "Nick Sadler" blog it seems completely fabricated. I seriously doubt it was written by a US Army Special Forces soldier.

Team Sergeant
Old 08-14-2008, 08:03   #10
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
After reading some of the "Nick Sadler" blog it seems completely fabricated. I seriously doubt it was written by a US Army Special Forces soldier.

Team Sergeant
My Point exactly.....That is why I questioned CRod2487's reason for posting this.....unless we are going to open a section "Unbelievable stupid stuff" .

If this guy is using a SF guys name "Tucker Max" then he needs to know because a google search of that name came up with a shit load of connections of this Ass Clown.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:20   #11
Doc Z
Asset

Quote:
I found an inconsistency in his little "life".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entry 4
Nick "Yeah, I've been playing sports forever, and I was a college athlete. And I work out and stuff, run 4 miles a day, yeah."
Compared to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entry 6
According to several sources that I consulted, including Tom Clancy's book, Special Forces, spec ops standard time is 40 minutes for a 5 mile run. That's an average of eight minutes a mile. I hadn't run anything more than the 91 feet of a basketball court since freshman year of college, but the first time I did a 5 mile run, my time was 30 minutes.
That seems like a big thing to be inconsistent about...

"Doc Z"
I have been on the Battlefield. I have had to look and work when others would only look away in sheer revulsion and fear. The sound of men crying in pain as if they are boys. I ignore the battle ensuing around me to save these Mens' lives. You think flying a flag makes you a patriot? No, no. Those MEN are the true patriots. The only kind of Patriot that really matters.
-Doc Z

RIP Brothers - SSG Rodgers 16Aug2008, SSG Farley 17Sep2008, SGT Penich 16Oct2008. SGT Dawson 17Jan2009
Old 08-17-2008, 00:58   #12
CRod2487
Asset

Quote:

You have a good point. I havent investigated Tucker Max until recently but from what I read and gather he is BS artist. I thought the article had credence becuase Max does in fact, as TS said, "mingle" in the SF community. On his website he chronicles a story of a night out with two Special Operations "operators". Thinking his stories were too orginal and off the wall to make up, I took this one at face value. Is it a hoax? maybe, probably, i dont know. I have immense respect for the men of this forum and didnt mean to post this for insincere reasons. Or as a ruse to start a shitstorm. Just thought the story of how the "character" came to the Army was pretty interesting, albeit most likely not true. Again I apologize for any transgressions made and will delete if you gentlemen want.

TS, I realize you may be freinds with Max and by no means do I expect even an answer or feel you owe one but I am confused as to what the feelings of the community is towards him. He claims he has been to Bragg and been involved with SOCOM events and charities not to mention socially with a few member as you alluded. Is he a phony?
Old 08-17-2008, 03:50   #13
Astraeus
Asset

Hey CRod, this you over at the NavySEALS.com Forums?

CRod2487:
"wow its not that you know more than me. im getting my information from top operatives. where are you getting yours from? o thats right the dude you blew once. or someone in your extended family. go back to being a nurse and minding your own buisness. baer, sheuer (who bin laden mention in his last video) know more than you or your freind can ever hope to."

CRod2487:
"lady you dont even havea security clearance. your a ****in nurse. atleast im going into the military. your just a civilian. if you do know that much then your source broke their oath. this is even if that person exits. which is highly doubtfull. o and Larry Johnson debunks all of which you say of the agency and hes not a liberal. hes a registered republican who voted for Bush."

CRod2487 responding to a Navy Seal username DDSSDV:
"hey man lets exchange phone number over PM and next time your in my area we can see how much of an "internet tough guy" i am. your choice bro.

call me an ******* or a loumouth if you want. but call me coward and ill be more than happy to allow to say whatever you like to my face."

CRod2487:
"Illmaxic screw you and your constants acts of internet fellacio to SEALs. Wow so the guy is a SEAL. Well ok then next time some punk frogman acts like a deuschebag to me ill make sure not to challenge him to a breath holding contest. Your like a little kid running around with no logic behind your reasoning. While were at it lets just buy into every stereotype out there. The next asian i see ill be sure to ask for physics help. then ill go see the nearest cop and ask for a donut. the dude called me a coward. unless hes a professional kickboxer or something im going to say something like that."
Old 08-17-2008, 06:44   #14
Prester John
Quiet Professional

I know Max. He's into MMA, maybe you should have asked him yourself. I'm sure you're on the RMMB.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:43   #15
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

CRod:

Fill in your profile before posting again.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
Closed Thread