Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 07-24-2016, 12:20   #16
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brush Okie View Post
Amen

When a friend of mine got his family out of Afghanistan he forbade his wife and daughters from wearing the hijab. He said "that is not the custom here".

That's called "class", which is no longer a desired personality trait in this Country.
Old 07-24-2016, 16:40   #17
Five-O
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
From where? This forum? Unintentional, I assure you...

Sorry...I assume you can read minds. I stole it from you to use as a funny line...
Five-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 17:13   #18
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-O View Post
Sorry...I assume you can read minds. I stole it from you to use as a funny line...
Reach in your shirt pocket and hand over your bullet.

Old 07-24-2016, 17:21   #19
tst43
Guerrilla

Quote:
Reach in your shirt pocket and hand over your bullet.

And I am stealing that
tst43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 17:58   #20
Bleed Green
Guerrilla

Quote:
or a LEO.
That is why I married an English Literature teacher. Learned all about due credit, foot notes, bibliographies and punctuation. Nothing humbles one more than getting a love letter come back with corrections.
Old 07-24-2016, 18:05   #21
Surf n Turf
Guerrilla Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrin View Post
Here, here. Anyone not seeing the practicality of voting for Trump, over not voting, needs to, soberly, be told that they are putting themselves before the good of the Country, that, by doing so, are aiding the greatest enemy that America has.

We have been in a rearguard action for far too long...this is our last peaceful chance to take the initiative back.
I thought I'd jump in. I intend to vote for Trump.... I think he will be a decent President, but that is conjecture, as I have nothing concrete to base it on......except......

Trumps stab at immortality, his children, are outstanding. They were probably tempted with every excess that children of the very rich could imagine. They appear to be well grounded, hard working, level headed, and love and respect their Father. Ask any Father of teen and up male children, their Mother deserves credit, but it's hard work for a father to nurture his sons love, while they are attempting to assert their own "manhood". Damn hard.

Trump loves our country, without reservation, without fault finding, without blame for sins long past, and with an abiding faith in our future. He finds joy in others success, and our culture that makes that possible.

Trump is smart, damn smart. I don't have much love for NY city, but will concede that the competition there for talent, in any venue, is intense. Probably more competitive than any than other major city in the world. Donald Trump mastered the city, and has a lot of these competitive people working for him. He seems to thrive on the pressure and competition. Not a bad trait for a POTUS.

Trump is brash, outspoken, and has sharp elbows. I think this is what our country needs at this time, so that we can win back respect, commitment, and a sense that our country can do anything it sets its mind to. It appears that other nations are coming to recognize this quality.

Trump understands the value of surrounding himself with "proven" experts. Not PC suck-ups, Ivy tower generals, or Monday morning quarterbacks. Only those that play to win the hard game will find a place in his administration.

I probably could think of more...... I just pray that I'm half right with these

SnT

Democrats would burn down this country as long as they get to rule over the ashes

The FBI’s credibility was murdered by a sniper on Ruby Ridge; its corpse was burned to ashes outside Waco; soiled in a Delaware PC repair shop;. and buried in the basement of Mar-a-Lago..
Surf n Turf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 19:09   #22
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf n Turf View Post
I thought I'd jump in. I intend to vote for Trump.... I think he will be a decent President, but that is conjecture, as I have nothing concrete to base it on......except......

Trumps stab at immortality, his children, are outstanding. They were probably tempted with every excess that children of the very rich could imagine. They appear to be well grounded, hard working, level headed, and love and respect their Father. Ask any Father of teen and up male children, their Mother deserves credit, but it's hard work for a father to nurture his sons love, while they are attempting to assert their own "manhood". Damn hard.

Trump loves our country, without reservation, without fault finding, without blame for sins long past, and with an abiding faith in our future. He finds joy in others success, and our culture that makes that possible.

Trump is smart, damn smart. I don't have much love for NY city, but will concede that the competition there for talent, in any venue, is intense. Probably more competitive than any than other major city in the world. Donald Trump mastered the city, and has a lot of these competitive people working for him. He seems to thrive on the pressure and competition. Not a bad trait for a POTUS.

Trump is brash, outspoken, and has sharp elbows. I think this is what our country needs at this time, so that we can win back respect, commitment, and a sense that our country can do anything it sets its mind to. It appears that other nations are coming to recognize this quality.

Trump understands the value of surrounding himself with "proven" experts. Not PC suck-ups, Ivy tower generals, or Monday morning quarterbacks. Only those that play to win the hard game will find a place in his administration.

I probably could think of more...... I just pray that I'm half right with these

SnT
Good stuff.
Old 07-24-2016, 19:17   #23
Patrin
Guerrilla

Quote:
Good stuff.
Great stuff...
Patrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 20:24   #24
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akv View Post
IMHO that is quite a statement. We are all susceptible to what we want to hear. Eight years ago a relatively unknown leftist politician peddling hope and change with little substance behind his rhetoric charmed the majority. Anyone but Hillary was on many American lips in 2008, it turned out to be worse and more divisive, America suffered greatly for it.

Now two terms later deja vu; another colorful candidate somewhere further to the right, with equally scant detail backing his promises is peddling a vague emotional message to an angry disappointed country.

This is not so much practical as it is voting on hope. Specifically hoping a a draft dodging ex democrat, with a thin skin, volatile temperament, and an ego the size of the Grand Canyon, has changed his stripes and will deliver on all of these huge promises.

Trump may turn out to be a great President, and for the sake of our republic I pray this is the case, our safety both domestic and abroad is in great peril, but based on the known unknowns and what Trump has displayed thus far voting Trump is as a hope filled Hail Mary as it goes.

QP Dusty summed up voting for Trump quite well.
Well said!
Dusty thanks for clairifying, tracking you now and concur! What ever Trump turns out to be he has 4 years and my vote, he'll either be better or we choose again. The fact he has spoken to Flynn gives me greater hope!! sorry signal here in WNC is ridonculus . Experience tells me any outsider can do much better than a carrier politician ..... It would be a big job to over come the established corruption for anyone, look no further than the DNC for corroboration of how they function ....

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 20:56   #25
PSM
Area Commander

The most important thing is that the Demons will lock-step endorse any Hildibeast proposal and oppose Trump at all costs. The Re-pubics may also oppose Trump but gridlock is not a bad thing. Any Supreme nominated by the Wicked Witch will not be opposed by the GOPeons. Every nominee proposed by Trump will cause a riot with the D-rats and they will run for their safe-spaces. You have to vote for Trump!

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 21:32   #26
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by akv View Post
IMHO that is quite a statement. We are all susceptible to what we want to hear. Eight years ago a relatively unknown leftist politician peddling hope and change with little substance behind his rhetoric charmed the majority. Anyone but Hillary was on many American lips in 2008, it turned out to be worse and more divisive, America suffered greatly for it.

Now two terms later deja vu; another colorful candidate somewhere further to the right, with equally scant detail backing his promises is peddling a vague emotional message to an angry disappointed country.

This is not so much practical as it is voting on hope. Specifically hoping a a draft dodging ex democrat, with a thin skin, volatile temperament, and an ego the size of the Grand Canyon, has changed his stripes and will deliver on all of these huge promises.

Trump may turn out to be a great President, and for the sake of our republic I pray this is the case, our safety both domestic and abroad is in great peril, but based on the known unknowns and what Trump has displayed thus far voting Trump is as a hope filled Hail Mary as it goes.

QP Dusty summed up voting for Trump quite well.
Well......

Trump, like him or not, he does have experience dealing with people on a large scale and he runs an enterprise on a very large scale. That unto itself is a hell of a lot more than the child King ever had going for him.
Old 07-25-2016, 05:35   #27
RomanCandle
Guerrilla

One thing I like about Mr. Trump is after watching a video of an interview or a speech some months ago where he called out the career politicians as amateurs as far as making deals for the good of America was concerned. Referring to the US being tied to certain other states in terms of trade and defence and getting little in return even considering that the upshot could well be the US getting dragged into WW3 on another states behalf not to mention NAFTA and the slew of trade agreements that have been anything but beneficial to US business and industry.

Essentially he referred to his policy of never getting involved in a negotiation or making a deal that he is not prepared to walk away from, whereas he quoted HC as retorting smugly that "she would never walk away" (from Japan, Germany for instance or trade deals with Mexico or China etc) and therefore had lost the negotiation before it was even started. It certainly appears that he is certainly many steps ahead of the amateurs and can see him operating successfully on the world stage and bringing a level of respect and hopefully prosperity back to America.

Imagine Trump sitting opposite another masterful politician such as Putin for example - not necessarily the nicest guy on the block but certainly effective, versus any one of the other lot. It simply doesn't bear comparison.
RomanCandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:58   #28
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanCandle View Post
Imagine Trump sitting opposite another masterful politician such as Putin for example - not necessarily the nicest guy on the block but certainly effective, versus any one of the other lot. It simply doesn't bear comparison.
I guarantee Putin would vote for Billary if he had a chance.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:50   #29
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
I've been trying to warn people about Obama since '07.
I lived in Illinois when Obama ran for US Senate...I warned people at that time that the man is evil, mainly based upon his support for infanticide. For those who may not know, Obama voted against an Illinois bill that would force hospitals to treat babies born alive from botched abortions as living humans and provide care to them just as they would any other baby born in the hospitals.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 10:20   #30
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
I guarantee Putin would vote for Billary if he had a chance.
Poor Billary; she thinks Putin & Russian leaked the DNC memos because, you know, "vast conspiracy."

Just anecdotally (off-hand conversations/remarks) from a few folks who live over there, Trump is regarded as someone who could probably at least be relied upon to honestly broker for his country's interests, understanding that Putin would do same for Russia. Klinton, on the other hand, is actually regarded as way too hawkish & scares the hell out of them; completely untrustworthy. No desire to play frog with the scorpion from Arkansas, imagine that.

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote