Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 07-11-2016, 08:39   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Russia Put Black Lives Matter On Official 'Terror List'

LOL, Professionalsoldiers.com already placed BLM on our terrorist list........

Russia Put Black Lives Matter On Official ‘Terror List’
Posted on July 10, 2016 by Sean Adl-Tabatabai in News

Russia are planning to place Black Lives Matter (BLM) on their ‘terror list’, officially recognising the group as a “racist terrorist organisation”.

The Federation Council is setting in motions plans to place BLM on the Federal Security Service’s (FSB) “Unified List of Organizations, Including Foreign and International Organizations That Have Been Recognized As Terrorist [Groups] By Russian Law”.

Whatdoesitmean.com reports:

According to this report, SLEDCOM derives its authority to conduct this terrorist investigation of Black Lives Matter based on its authorization under Federal Law of 28.12.2010 No 403-FZ to conduct preliminary inquiries relating to “the protection of rights and freedoms of man and citizen” regardless of international borders.

The initiating document issued by Chairperson Matviyenko advocating that Black Lives Matter, its founders, and its funders, be listed as a terrorist organization, this report continues, relates to this “racial-hatred” groups advocating the killing of American law enforcement officers in order to “incite/inflame” “racial passions” in the United States—and whose “tactics/rhetoric”, if transferred to Europe, would pose a grave threat not only to the Federation, but, indeed, all of the continent.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:41   #2
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

I'm not holding my breath, but thought I'd throw this out there:

From the WH petition's website:

Quote:
terrorism is defined as "the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims". This definition is the same definition used to declare ISIS and other groups, as terrorist organizations. Black Lives Matter has earned this title due to its actions in Ferguson, Baltimore, and even at a Bernie Sanders rally, as well as all over the United States and Canada. It is time for the pentagon to be consistent in its actions - and just as they rightfully declared ISIS a terror group, they must declare Black Lives Matter a terror group - on the grounds of principle, integrity, morality, and safety.
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:21   #3
cbtengr
Area Commander

I guess in some countries they recognize that if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be one.
Old 07-11-2016, 13:30   #4
Divemaster
Quiet Professional

Hell, the Soviet Union would have been their primary funding and training source.
Old 07-18-2016, 15:23   #5
DIYPatriot
Guerrilla Chief

Such a big surprise, huh?

Quote:
White House Rejects Petition Calling For Black Lives Matter To Be Recognized As A Terrorist Group

The White House has denied a petition with over 140,000 signatures calling for Black Lives Matter to be classified as a domestic terrorist group. The petition, which asked the White House to “formally recognize Black Lives Matter as a terrorist organization”, received a total of 141,444 signatures in just 10 days, making it one of the most-signed petitions currently on the platform.

As part of these conversations, the President directly addressed the concern that the “Black Lives Matter” slogan, social media movement, and the associated protests are somehow inherently anti-police:

“I know that there are some who have criticized even the phrase ‘black lives matter,’ as if the notion is, is that other lives don’t matter. And so you get ‘all lives matter’ or ‘blue lives matter.’ I understand the point they’re trying to make. I think it’s important for us to also understand that the phrase ‘black lives matter’ simply refers to the notion that there’s a specific vulnerability for African Americans that needs to be addressed. It’s not meant to suggest that other lives don’t matter. It’s to suggest that other folks aren’t experiencing this particular vulnerability.

“And so we shouldn’t get too caught up in this notion that somehow people who are asking for fair treatment are somehow, automatically, anti-police, are trying to only look out for black lives as opposed to others. I think we have to be careful about playing that game, just because that’s not obviously what is intended.”
(That's exactly what it means and it is exactly what is intended. As proof, I'll offer the names of at least 8 dead cops who died b/c of this movement. I'm so f'g tired of this administration talking down to the people...telling us what is or isn't intended...as if we're suppose to believe that shit)

After quoting further segments of President Obama’s speech on the topic, the petition response finished off, stating:

The White House plays no role in designating domestic terror organizations. The U.S. government does not generate a list of domestic terror organizations, and therefore we are not able to address the formal request of your petition. We encourage you to engage with your community in the ongoing discussion of how we can better build trust and safety in our communities.
Contrast that with this...

Quote:
The White House’s response to a petition made just last year calling for Ku Klux Klan to be recognized as a domestic terrorist group, however, seemed to be more sincere.

“The U.S. government has long identified white supremacy extremists among the domestic terrorism threats confronting our nation, and the existence of such groups represents a continued threat to the ideals of our nation” said the White House in their response to the petition made last June, which gathered over 30,000 less signatures than that the petition for Black Lives Matter.

That’s why the federal government doesn’t hesitate to investigate and take appropriate action when there is an indication that white supremacists or white supremacist groups threaten or use force, or engage in other illegal activities. Indeed, although simply believing in white supremacy or belonging to a white supremacist group—while abhorrent—is not a crime, the federal government has successfully charged white supremacists over the years using many federal statutes, including those prohibiting civil rights violations and solicitation to commit crimes of violence. The federal government also works closely with local and state law enforcement and community-based organizations to identify, investigate, and prosecute hate-fueled violence.

The response went on to list various actions that were being taken by the state in order to combat “white supremacy extremism”, before listing ways that people could contact the F.B.I. should they see any unlawful activity take place. These features were absent from the petition calling for Black Lives Matter to be recognized as a terrorist organization, despite the fact that more murders have been recorded in the U.S. over the past year as a result of Black Lives Matter than that of the Ku Klux Klan.
ETA:

In case it isn't perfectly obvious, I am not defending the KKK. I hate racism, plain and simple.

Also, not sure if any of you caught this on the Blaze or any other sites, but I found Terrence Williams' rant (about the anti-cop violence) to be hilariously true. You can watch it here, as well as many other places.
"Don't tell me what a good man should be. Don't tell me about his character or what should be in his heart - show me. And then show me again when I'm no longer here because I'll be watching." - my grandfather

Last edited by DIYPatriot; 07-18-2016 at 15:29.
DIYPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 15:40   #6
Sohei
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
I guess in some countries they recognize that if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it must be one.
Russia's backbone is much stronger than ours when it comes to calling things what they are.

After all, we don't want to offend...anyone...ever!
Sohei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:02   #7
bblhead672
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoge2 View Post
Russia's backbone is much stronger than ours when it comes to calling things what they are.

After all, we don't want to offend...anyone...ever!
Except no one really gives a damn that the government's actions offends me every day.
bblhead672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 15:48   #8
frostfire
Area Commander

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu44wVgb58

Sheriff David Clarke calling a spade a spade, and CNN Don Lemon being what he is...

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 16:43   #9
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAu44wVgb58

Sheriff David Clarke calling a spade a spade, and CNN Don Lemon being what he is...
When Trump gets elected and needs a new "Top Cop" for the nation I hope the sheriff gets an interview.
Old 07-19-2016, 17:25   #10
Hand
Guerrilla Chief

Deleted. The unviability of my thought has been adequately proven .

Last edited by Hand; 07-20-2016 at 07:24.
Hand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:02   #11
Patrin
Guerrilla

Very nice.
Patrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 15:38   #12
Ncat97e
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
Hell, the Soviet Union would have been their primary funding and training source.
Very true. It's ironic that if you trace the paternity of Black Lives Matter, the New Black Panthers, etc, you'll find funding from Comrade Colonel Putin's KGB.
Ncat97e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 12:48   #13
Maple Flag
Auxiliary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divemaster View Post
Also agree, and would speculate that this designation move might give the FSB a mandate to infiltrate and steer this group strategically from domestic threat to foreign asset for Russia.

I don't get why Russia would bother giving this designation any publicity though, other than to boost Russia's image with a segment of the US population. It's hard to imagine similar BLM events unfolding in Russia that would cause them concern.
Maple Flag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 13:48   #14
Maple Flag
Auxiliary

Just checking further as this seemed peculiar.

Snopes is stating the information is false, but only for lack of evidence, not for conflicting evidence.
http://www.snopes.com/black-lives-ma...rorist-russia/

"However, no evidence supports the notion that Russia is planning to place Black Lives Matter on a terror list. Your News Wire sourced their information solely from a report published by the non-credible WhatDoesItMean.com conspiracy theory web site."

Note the article title is "Russia Put Black Lives Matter On Official ‘Terror List’" (past tense - done deal) but the opening statement in the article is they they are "planning to", without an apparent clear commitment to that course of action.

As snopes points out, BLM is not on the public FSB list yet:

http://www.fsb.ru/fsb/npd/terror.htm (NOTE: this is a web site of the Russian FSB intelligence service. Visit at your own risk... )

Going to whatdoesitmean.com to read the actual article referenced in the other article, it states (bold italics are mine),

"The Investigative Committee (SLEDCOM) is reporting today that Valentina Matviyenko, Chairperson of the Federation Council, has initiated a legal inquiry as to placing on the Federal Security Service (FSB) “Unified List of Organizations, Including Foreign and International Organizations That Have Been Recognized As Terrorist [Groups] By Russian Law” an American “racial-hatred” group known as Black Lives Matter, its three founders, and two of its US billionaire funders. "

That sounds very preliminary, it is is true. The process is further characterized as an "initiating document" and a "request" to SLEDCOM, far from the done deal the article title suggests. http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/index2069.htm

The amount of message signal boost and distortion on that is notable.

I can't find references to this from either left or right side mainstream sources either yet.

One of Russia's historical methods for propaganda dissemination is to use a journalistic asset in a small publication not associated with Russia to write something that can then get picked up by more mainstream reporting by Russian media and others, thus giving credibility to the information and theme.

Either by coincidence or by linked causation, some reporting indicated the White House petition was created on July 6th, and news of the supposed the BLM inquiry from Russia was distributed on July 9th by whatdoesitmean.com, and RT (Russia Today) News began reporting on the White House Petiion on July 12th. https://www.rt.com/usa/350737-petiti...-lives-matter/

Interestingly and predictably, the RT News slant leans towards BLM not being a terrorist organization.

Thanks for flagging this. I'll be interested to see how Russia plays the BLM situation, working both sides of it against the middle.

Last edited by Maple Flag; 07-22-2016 at 13:50. Reason: typo reduction
Maple Flag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 14:38   #15
CAARNG 68W
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
When Trump gets elected and needs a new "Top Cop" for the nation I hope the sheriff gets an interview.
Helluva gig, especially if he made him Attorney General (though doesn't one need a Juris Doctorate for that?)

I'd like to see him as FBI Director
CAARNG 68W is offline   Reply With Quote