Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 07-07-2016, 13:53   #1
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Alton Sterling, registered Democrat, Bloods gang banger, felon and pedophile

LOL, another gun-toting felon carrying a weapon shot dead by police when attempting to go for gun. Not hard to see in the video, he was going for his gun. I would have shot him too.
Another obama family member: "If I had a son!"

Outrage after video captures white Baton Rouge police officer fatally shooting a black man
By Wesley Lowery, Travis M. Andrews and Michael E. Miller July 6 at 8:15 PM

Officials in Baton Rouge moved quickly on Wednesday to quell national outrage at what is the latest in a string of fatal police encounters captured on video — the shooting of Alton Sterling, a 37-year-old black man.

Sterling was shot and killed early Tuesday morning after police responded to a complaint about an armed man threatening people outside a convenience store. Cellphone video showing Sterling on the ground, underneath two officers, when he was killed, began circulating online early Tuesday evening. By the end of the night, the outrage was rippling nationwide.

Baton Rouge police, the local district attorney, and Louisiana Gov. John Bel Edwards (D), who called the video “disturbing,” announced Wednesday morning that federal officials with the U.S. Attorney’s office and the Department of Justice would investigate Sterling’s death.

cont:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rking-outrage/

Sterling, a Bloods gang banger and a registered Democrat, had quite the rap sheet before he was gunned down in an altercation with the police. The charges include battery, assault, drug and weapons charges, and being a dead beat dad. He was also a pedophile.
http://gotnews.com/confirmed-bloods-...n-convictions/
Old 07-07-2016, 15:07   #2
Patriot007
Guerrilla

Finally, some justice this week.
Patriot007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 20:22   #3
JGC2
Quiet Professional

What worries me is that the same logic can be applied to our community before (he has a gun, so he's a threat) and after (he was a bad person, critical of the government in our case and convicted of previous crimes in his, so even though we were wrong in the moment we were generally right) lethal force by police. The original intent of the 2nd Amendment was to protect from exactly this type of thing.

I admire and respect the thousands and thousands of LEOs who do their job well and I've ways been treated professionally when I tell a cop I'm carrying, but these events are getting attention because Protect and Serve doesn't mean eliminate a citizen because someone called in a hot tip, and two out of three (in three days) were carrying weapons that went from legal to threatening based on a phone call. I couldn't see Sterling, who was already cuffed and pinned, reach for his gun in the video, and we know Dylan Noble wasn't armed in Fresno (the caller said he had a rifle, so they made an inferrence that he had a pistol all on their own) and it looks like Philando Castile in Minnesota got punished for informing the cop he had a lawfully carried handgun shortly before following the order to get his ID.

We shouldn't jump to conclusions or post facto justify lethal force by our government based on the victim's past. Maybe you are right about the gun in this case, but Sterling's past has nothing to do with that. If someone looked at us with a microscope maybe they label us terrorists because of our views, hence the abhorrent danger of the "no fly, no buy" mindset.

This is not primarily a racial issue to me. In my opinion, we should take notice every time a person with a gun on US soil gets treated like an enemy combatant, as opposed to someone exercising their Constitutionally protected natural right to keep and bear arms as they are in fact the ones who were designed to provide security for our free State.
Old 07-07-2016, 21:52   #4
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Shit just gone from bad to worse.

Three police officers killed in Dallas. Seven others wounded some critical.

This country is tearing itself apart under this administration.

FUCK!!!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 22:08   #5
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog New Trick View Post
Shit just gone from bad to worse.

Three police officers killed in Dallas. Seven others wounded some critical.

This country is tearing itself apart under this administration.

FUCK!!!
11 shot is what fox just said. Two shooters with semi-auto long guns from elevated positions

Edit: I blame this shit squarely on the Obama administration which has done nothing but encourage it.

Last edited by abc_123; 07-07-2016 at 22:12.
abc_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 22:16   #6
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Now reporting 4 Officers dead. Damn I.
Old 07-07-2016, 22:17   #7
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
11 shot is what fox just said. Two shooters with semi-auto long guns from elevated positions
Fuck fuck fuck on so many levels!

BLM can go fuck themselves! Fuck them!

If the guy or guys they are looking for are what's on tv they have just set back the clocks on police tolerance and hesitation.

MN is fucked up yes. That cop should be hung in the public square. But, these people in Dallas have just raised the bar for discrimination

Just heard a fourth officer has died.

Retaliation will be swift and deadly. Fuck!!!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 22:55   #8
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Civil Disobedience brought to you by the President of the United States of America.
Just wait until they find out how little he has actually done for his constituency.

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 23:08   #9
spherojon
Guerrilla

Deleted and posted in the correct place.

Last edited by spherojon; 07-07-2016 at 23:30.
spherojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 16:00   #10
pcfixer
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf1echo View Post
Civil Disobedience brought to you by the President of the United States of America.
Just wait until they find out how little he has actually done for his constituency.
Anticipated this for some time now. He might not have any say. TPTB.
pcfixer is offline   Reply With Quote