Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 07-25-2016, 11:58   #31
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger52 View Post
Poor Billary; she thinks Putin & Russian leaked the DNC memos because, you know, "vast conspiracy."

Just anecdotally (off-hand conversations/remarks) from a few folks who live over there, Trump is regarded as someone who could probably at least be relied upon to honestly broker for his country's interests, understanding that Putin would do same for Russia. Klinton, on the other hand, is actually regarded as way too hawkish & scares the hell out of them; completely untrustworthy. No desire to play frog with the scorpion from Arkansas, imagine that.
So is it the people (countries) who have not contributed to the Clinton (slush fund) Foundation or her campaign the ones that she scares ?
Old 07-25-2016, 12:17   #32
Badger52
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbtengr View Post
So is it the people (countries) who have not contributed to the Clinton (slush fund) Foundation or her campaign the ones that she scares ?
I doubt any individual kulaks are contributing to either campaign. However, if one looks from the outside-in, they tend to be looking at her whole reign of terror as SECSTATE and the OZero foreign policy results (pick anywhere) and don't regard her as a stabilizing influence. They get news about Benghazi, email servers, and "red lines" just like we do. Her creds are bad enough with the peasant in the street that a state-run prop machine doesn't have to do much.

I know someone in the Ukraine who loathes anyone affiliated with the current admin for, basically, what is regarded as a US-facilitated coup. Another in St Petersburg told me that the US will probably elect her because she's a woman so people can feel good about themselves after electing a black man. (No kidding, his words; I 'bout fell over.)

The coin paid to enforce words on parchment is blood; tyrants will not be stopped with anything less dear. - QP Peregrino
Badger52 is offline   Reply With Quote