Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 07-16-2020, 12:20   #31
JJ_BPK
Quiet Professional

Location: 18 yrs upstate NY, 30 yrs South Florida, 20 yrs Conch Republic, now chasing G-Kids in NOVA & UK
After a couple of months of bickering and sourcing, we have a product.

And I am very pleased

initial notes(NOT complaints)

1)inside pocket, I would have put it on the left side, I could use it as a holster. Caveat: my lightest toy is the S&W 342 Ti, 13oz+ loaded, I got it for swim trunk type shorts,, it may still show as the light fluffy material deforms with very little weight. :[

2)a small velcro patch or button on the center of the belt and under the center-back loop to keep the belt from sliding off

3)arm velcro patch is not big enough for the 1st Cav

4)love the:
  • buttons on the lapels to hold the fold
  • hood
  • fit, it's nice to be a little oversized to wrap around when you sit.
  • buttons on the sleeves to shorten them when needed, hot weather??

5)fit is supper. I sit out on my porch for a whisky & cigar 1-2 times a week all yr. Until the temps get below 32. This should keep me toasty down to 40deg? with some layering, maybe lower. I haven't experienced any of the new ultra-light thermal materials, still a canvas & down type.

Attached a couple of quick pictures.

And for the astute observers, after some 127+ days,, my #1 G-daughter cut a hi-n-tight. :]

link to older thread

PS; The beret is my orginal 1969 issue and the Cpt bars are the painter silver camo we had for a short period.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3841c.jpg (77.7 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3835c.jpg (45.8 KB, 92 views)
File Type: jpg 106505838_10215367091884165_5530154877200540079_o (2).jpg (88.1 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3827s.jpg (62.5 KB, 91 views)

"May you be a half hour in heaven before the devil knows you’re dead"

Last edited by JJ_BPK; 07-16-2020 at 12:24.
JJ_BPK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 22:25   #32
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post

And for the astute observers, after some 127+ days,, my #1 G-daughter cut a hi-n-tight. :]

link to older thread
When my wife saw your 'hairy' pic, she said, "What is that?"

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:18   #33
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSM View Post
When my wife saw your 'hairy' pic, she said, "What is that?"
My first thought was. You clean up good though.

Bumble.jpg
Old 01-08-2021, 17:33   #34
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_BPK View Post
After a couple of months of bickering and sourcing, we have a product.

And I am very pleased

initial notes(NOT complaints)

1)inside pocket, I would have put it on the left side, I could use it as a holster. Caveat: my lightest toy is the S&W 342 Ti, 13oz+ loaded, I got it for swim trunk type shorts,, it may still show as the light fluffy material deforms with very little weight. :[

2)a small velcro patch or button on the center of the belt and under the center-back loop to keep the belt from sliding off

3)arm velcro patch is not big enough for the 1st Cav

4)love the:
  • buttons on the lapels to hold the fold
  • hood
  • fit, it's nice to be a little oversized to wrap around when you sit.
  • buttons on the sleeves to shorten them when needed, hot weather??

5)fit is supper. I sit out on my porch for a whisky & cigar 1-2 times a week all yr. Until the temps get below 32. This should keep me toasty down to 40deg? with some layering, maybe lower. I haven't experienced any of the new ultra-light thermal materials, still a canvas & down type.

link to older thread

PS; The beret is my orginal 1969 issue and the Cpt bars are the painter silver camo we had for a short period.
Update:

Issue #1: Sorry. No changes intended for the inside pocket. I had to standardize the design to streamline the assembly.

#2: The belt/loop issue, however, has been resolved. Working with the designers, we changed out the belt loops with lengths of gutted 550 and added a short bit of 550 on the center of the belt to secure it to the center loop.

#3: The 4x4 velcro on the shoulders is about as big as I can go. I've got some patches with odd dimensions, myself, and have simply opted to not put them on my PBLJ.

BTW, Jim, you can fall asleep on your porch in that thing at 40 degrees.

I'm waiting for a very small production run (30 solid OD jackets, 5/size) to be completed sometime in the near future. Manufacturing a new product, especially an apparel product takes a lot longer than I had hoped. On top of all that, WuFlu has been a serious boat anchor on every aspect of this process.

I realize this may sound a bit steep but the solid colors and the Woodland models will be $300. That will include shipping. There are other prints/patterns that I have used during product development and want to put into production, but the price on those models will be higher due to the cost per yard of their outer shell prints/patterns being significantly more expensive. The Multicam fabric I used on Jim's jacket turned out to be the second most expensive material I've found. Is there a less expensive MultiCam fabric? Yes, but it is the same fabric used in a poncho liner, which doesn't function as well as the stuff I've selected.

I know everyone would prefer a lower cost but you can't make something like this here in the States for the same price of overseas production. Besides, this is way beyond simply repurposing a woobie. Due to the complicated design, the prices for the materials and manufacturing per unit are high and that doesn't leave me with much of a profit per unit. All the materials are, to the best of my knowledge, US-based and the manufacturing is done by Americans. And with everything that has come to pass this past year, I absolutely refuse to surrender my design specs to overseas manufactures who I guarantee will bootleg them and flood the market with their shit copies.
Old 01-08-2021, 18:03   #35
FlagDayNCO
Guerrilla

Looks and sounds good

Finally, something to talk about besides the Commie insurrection.

This may he the coolest - warmest house coat to wear for Commie hunt’in.

I’m gonna have to get at least one.

The Cold War didn't end, communism still lives and has come to America.

The Insurgency is going well, especially with the enemy at the table of every branch of our Federal, State, and Local Government.
FlagDayNCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 23:32   #36
Penn
Area Commander

Maybe missed the ordering process, AMBI, but all in and ready to procure a 3/4 length parka like hoodie.
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 20:17   #37
TOMAHAWK9521
Quiet Professional

Nothing has been missed. I don't have any inventory right now. I've handed the production over to a local manufacturer but it takes time. I presented them with something a bit more complicated than they first imagined. A long time was spent stream-lining and tweaking it. And there are two other issues: I'm not the only customer they are supporting and WuFlu has seriously impacted their level of operations. I fear the roll out will be rather slow.
Old 01-10-2021, 21:09   #38
Penn
Area Commander

No worries, ctc when up and running
Penn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:28   #39
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
A new version of the venerable G1 Liner 8BTR*, it pays homage to our early young testers that exclaimed the liners were hot as lava.
* 8oz/sq yd Primaloft Gold w/breathable thermal reflective membrane.

Black Lava, shown in the wrap configuration.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2472B229-4DCA-4C44-B88C-88366898A2C2.jpeg (211.4 KB, 5 views)

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 12-29-2021 at 10:35.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 16:43   #40
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf1echo View Post
A new version of the venerable G1 Liner 8BTR*, it pays homage to our early young testers that exclaimed the liners were hot as lava.
* 8oz/sq yd Primaloft Gold w/breathable thermal reflective membrane.

Black Lava, shown in the wrap configuration.
I don't know what any of this means...is this a woobie replacement? What is the link? Is it any good?

Very confused...

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 17:25   #41
7624U
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5US View Post
I don't know what any of this means...is this a woobie replacement? What is the link? Is it any good?

Very confused...
I think this is the link for the new thermal liners Golf is talking about.
you can build a custom liner but they are as pricy as a gortex liner or mid lvl sleeping bag around 200-250.

http://www.grouponeequipment.com/products

"Me"

Last edited by 7624U; 10-26-2021 at 17:28.
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 18:57   #42
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Eagle, your right I didn’t mean to be confusing, I’ve been sewing Multicam for too long. 7624U is correct it is a liner we built for a challenge about ten years ago. The challenge was a liner for extreme cold conditions with an eye to save weight for Denali accents and ops above the Arctic Circle. Basically the image is that liner which is the top piece in a modular system.

In this liners early stages our children would try it and unanimously describe its warmth as lava, we had denoted it having the BTR membrane with orange until soldiers wouldn’t have it anymore. I have always thought about the lava analogy and had this in mind for a while and now Multicam Black and Tropic have become available.

This is in the wrap configuration which is still large enough for a medium pack underneath, it can be used/attached to our shells, and in several other ways. The BTR was part of a NASA project and reflects warmth back but allows vapor to move out and away For great comfort. 7624U is right these are expensive most of those cost are quality materials and quantities.

This version isn’t on the site just now it is more for our Outdoor Retailers but we’re building them.

Images are a bit of an analogy indicating the infrared energy of inner heat reflected and retained by a crust...
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E3A98920-A33A-4E34-9814-555D31F3FEEC.jpeg (98.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpeg 6B2C6769-356C-4261-8A15-FE4FA1AB87B3.jpeg (103.2 KB, 1 views)

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart

Last edited by Golf1echo; 12-29-2021 at 10:41.
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 19:02   #43
Eagle5US
Quiet Professional

Looks incredible for certain....

Price is relative. I'd rather have a quality product i pay for once over 20 years than having to pay for something substandard every few years.

interested - open to a PM.

Gimme a shout.

Ain't no one getting out of this world alive. All you can do is try to have some choice in the way you go. Prepare yourself (and your affairs), and when your number is up, die on your feet fighting rather than on your knees. And make the SOBs pay dearly."
The Reaper-3 Sep 04
Eagle5US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 06:54   #44
7624U
Quiet Professional

Wish this was up and running when I was a SUT instructor in 2006, I would have bought the recon model. As Eagle said price is relative for an American made product that would last for years.

"Me"
7624U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 12:30   #45
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf1echo View Post
Eagle, your right I didn’t mean to be confusing, I’ve been sewing Multicam for too long. 7624U is correct it is a liner we built for a challenge about ten years ago. The challenge was a liner for extreme cold conditions with an eye to save weight for Denali accents and ops above the Arctic Circle. Basically the image is that liner which is the top piece in a modular system.

In this liners early stages our children would try it and unanimously describe its warmth as lava, we had denoted it having the BTR membrane with orange until soldiers wouldn’t have it anymore. I have always thought about the lava analogy and had this in mind for a while and now Multicam Black and Tropic have become available.

This is in the wrap configuration which is still large enough for a medium pack underneath, it can be used/attached to our shells, and in several other ways. The BTR was part of a NASA project and reflects warmth back but allows vapor to move out and away For great comfort. 7624U is right these are expensive most of those cost are quality materials and quantities.

This version isn’t on the site just now it is more for our Outdoor Retailers but we’re building them.

Image is a bit of an analogy of inner heat held by a crust...
I can vouch for the quality of Golf1echo's products.

Tough and effective gear.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote