Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2020, 11:28   #21
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacamuelas View Post
I haven't found Lithium 12v prices anywhere close to Lead acid. Please post your source/business you are using for parts. I am very interested.

Also, I know you won't need as many amp hours with lithium compared to lead acid.... Are those 12v /50amp hour lithiums?
I wasn't replacing 12v batts. We had 24 2v deep-discharge batts. The 2v batts were Rolls Surrette 1300+ Ah and each was roughly $400 and 130#.

And, since we put in 4 new Simpliphi batteries I figured that they were 12v but they are each 48v. (My solar guy rattles off numbers like I actually speak his language.) Each is 75 Ah for a total of 300 Ah. They each weigh about 78 pounds. They cost about $2500 each. (The total replacement price doesn't look the same at first, but the labor to install 24 batts is a lot more than to install 4. )

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote