Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Old 02-05-2013, 14:26   #871
FL_Medic
SF Candidate

I am a medic, currently stationed at Fort Riley. I joined the Army a year ago looking for a challenge and never found it. In fact I was surprised/dismayed with how big Army operates.
I began looking into SF as an option and haven't looked back! I just returned from selection (got selected-18C/Pashto) and can't wait to attended the Q and continue down the path to my beret.
FL_Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 17:27   #872
Reynaldo Castro
Asset

Introduction:

Timeline:
22 Sept 1970 Graduated PFC Basic Combat Training, Ft. Lewis, Wa.
07 Dec 1970 Graduated 11B10 Army Training Center Infantry Fort Lewis, Wa.
22 Jan 1970 Completed Airborne Course Fort Benning, Georgia
Feb-Mar 1971 Completed SF phase one Camp McCall
25 Mar 1971 Co. H USAIMA promoted SP4 11B2P
27 May 1971 Graduated SGT: Weapons Division SFOSD USAIMA Ft. Bragg; Light/Heavy Weapons Class 8-71
09 July 1971 Awarded Special Qualification Identifier "S"; Assigned to 5th SFG
Company C W-A4X-CO-A
24 Nov 1971 Selected for overseas duty Vietnam Report date 08 Jan 1972
20 Jan - 22 Nov 1972 Assigned to USARV ITG
PMOSC 11B4S; SMOSC 11C4S; DMOSC 11F4S
Brief conscription of duties as follows taken from:
Enlisted Efficiency Report 22 Nov 1972: Conducts guard mounts, ambushes, reaction force NCO. also supervises 2 indigenous companies in the improvement of camp defense. serves also as the NCOIC of the indigenous heavy weapons section..Served also as an Instructor to FANK Training Command. Signed by SSGT Serafin C. Meno Security NCOIC & Capt. Michael D.
Munro
Dec 72 - 30 April 1973: SQD LDR Mechanized Platoon in Support of military Officers Basic Course, Ft. Huachuca, AZ.
May 1973 Transferred to 12SFG reserve Co A 2d Bn
15 Aug 1974 Promoted SSGT. Shorty afterward, my SF career ends.
An interesting fact. Strange as this may sound to some of you folks out there, I was 19 years old when I received the "S" identifier in 27 May 1971. SGT Benjamin Morales was also 19 when he received his.
Reynaldo Castro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 22:45   #873
Poacher
Asset

Hello,

Will be reading more than posting but wanted to say thanks for the site. I run a concrete cutting company now. I retired from Law enforcement but it's in the blood and I'm back in it part time that and with the economy it doesn't hurt to have another option open.

I also signed up because a close friend had passed and he had done three tours in Vietnam at least one of which he had been attached to a SF group. I know he thought highly of you folks and by some chance if there was a QP whom might have known him I thought they might want to know of his passing.

Well that's pretty much it in a nut shell. If any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks Poacher.
Poacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 00:06   #874
Mikegee
Asset

reconnecting

Started out Infantry and ended up a medic and intel analyst on SODA1 77th MI (CEWI) 12th SFG(A). Started reconnecting with folks over last year due to political shifts.
Mikegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 20:55   #875
JakeJeweler
Asset

Hello!

How's it going everyone. First and foremost I'd like to thank all of you for all of your awesome advice about 18x/SFAS/SF. It's been helpful to the point that I can't even believe it's free!

I'm currently prepping for 18x and should (hopefully) be shipping out in the summer. I've recently graduated college and I work as a strength and conditioning coach/ personal trainer. I'd like to think that my experience in that field gives me a bit of a leg up on the physical side of things, though you can never really know until you get there.

I was a pretty successful college soccer player so I'm used to making decisions under pressure, while tired. I have a good strength base with a 485 pound deadlift, a 405 pound back squat as well as a 335 pound front squat and 14-15 pull-ups. I have some weight to lose and I have to build my endurance base, but as of right now I can score an approximate (as I conduct the test myself) 270 on the APFT. The 2 mile is the part that I struggle with (14:30 on a treadmill so probably about 15:00 on the track), but I can max out the sit-ups and push-ups (I think anyone should be able to). Rucking is very new to me and it's something that I work on as much as possible. This site has been pivotal in my success with that.

You can be rest assured that I will be spending many, many hours on this site for the next few months. Thanks again for your help. I look forward to the journey that the next few years will bring.
JakeJeweler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:55   #876
Bigfootedalien
Asset

THANKS ALL & FAMILIES for giving so much !!!!!!!

Greetings from the UP MICH - a beret's home is where he hangs his beret (mines been in UP MICH for along time now) - its nice & quiet here on our small farm (http://spottedtreasures.tripod.com/)! Was X 8th SF gp 1st SF Panama 69-72 12B4S Demo - we ran the JOTC in Panama teaching jungle warfare from Gulick/Sherman - A tms went into isolation to train gurillas in Chile when there was a coup on Allende , our team loaded into a C141 flew around for 3-4 hrs & made a 500ft (exciting) night combat jump (thought we were in Chile) but we were in Panama! Didnt see alot of service time decided to ets in 1972 during the big cutback ! Had alot of fun met alot of great people - I miss the TEAM EFFORT & Professionalism miss alot of the guys - hope there all well!!!!!!! Pretty concerned on our current cituation in the USA & how PTB have made economic slaves of us + were loosing respect around the world : we need to fix these things (hopefully soon :American National Militia) Im also a member of WRAM -- I will STAND before any politician/dhs/atf/tsa/police/swat team to protect our rights that GOD & our Constitution gave us! We have become the oppressed : we need all X SF & active SF STAND for the rights of the citizens when the final lines are drawn! DE OPPESSO LIBER my oath will stand untill my last breath.
Bigfootedalien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 13:01   #877
Aknazer
Asset

Hi, my name's Chris. I've been in the USAF for almost 9 years now. Recently got back from doing a deployment on the MC12 (prior to that I was on AWACS) and now have orders to Beale AFB to do the MC12 job full-time. As I'm not SF I plan to primarily lurk, but potentially join in on conversations/ask questions on occasion.
Aknazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 13:09   #878
leskow
Asset

Introduction

Hey guys!
Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm 21 about to graduate from a small private college in Ohio. Studied accounting the past four years, and I'm not to keen on sitting behind a desk for a living. Fathers side of the family have all been in the Army so this is something I have been seriously considering. Looking forward to sponging up as much information as possible from this forum!
leskow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 19:59   #879
kt83
Asset

Hello

Good evening all. I am an E-6 intel analyst out of Ft. Bragg. I've been working in the SOF community since I arrived here in 2008. I'm here for several reasons:
1 - I've always wanted to be SF
2 - I like to read up on what's going on in the groups from "the guys on the ground"

Hope all are doing well, and keeping the community at its best.
kt83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:29   #880
Marine1812
Asset

Intro

20 year Marine, GySgt Ret. 1986-2007
Tanker, served in 1st, 2nd, 4th & 8th TKBN's in every billet from driver to Company Gunny and Tank Leader.

I've been doing endurance events to keep in shape and have come across this site several times through internet searches, and after reading several threads and post I thought I could possible be of some benefit and decided to register.

But until that time, I'll hang out and read.

Semper Fidelis,

BW
Marine1812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 18:39   #881
SGT,I mean LT
Asset

Reintroduction

Hey everyone,

I'm a 27 year old Soldier looking to go to the Selection Course. I've been a lurking for a little over a year now. I enjoy this site and all the great information that everyone takes the time to put up here. Currently a Commo guy, but I prefer being outside than being in a tent/ building. I like fishing, shooting and spending time with my family.
SGT,I mean LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 19:24   #882
BobM88
Asset

Hello

I'm a civilian working as a software engineer. I'm 42 years old, married with 3 kids. If this is too brief an introduction, I apologize. I'm the type that would rather remain silent and appear stupid than open my mouth and remove all doubt. Hence the brevity here.

Thank you,
Bob
BobM88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 23:29   #883
MisoMed
Asset

Intro Me

Hi. I apologize; Im late to my intro. My name is what I do. I'm branched AMEDD, but have been in CA/PSYOPS my entire career. I'm hoping that doesn't change but it looks like Big Army has other plans for me. I'm not real comfortable posting about myself. I may repeat or forget stuff (intro!) cause of some silly, little TBIs. But I'm better off than most. I'm currently at Bragg.

Spem Successus Alit
MisoMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 14:10   #884
MINCO
Asset

Salutations

Thank you for allowing me onto your site. I am career MI. Currently 13 years in. Was originally a 98C(now 35Ns) and just recently went through JCAC and am now a 35Q. I am currently stationed at FT Meade, MD (only place for the 35Qs). I have one son and a pregnant wife, so looking forward to another child before the end of this year (God willing).

I come from a long line of military, and love the history of it. My father was an Officer under Chargin Charlie from 66-69, he then got out with his third purple heart. Surprisingly enough when he retired and moved to the land of the retired (aka FL) just round the corner from him is another Soggie! Even more amazing is they missed each other by two weeks in Country. Small world.

I am a firm believer in the Constitution, and take my Oath to it very seriously. As such I carry a copy with me wherever I go.

I don't plan on posting much/often and looking more for personal/professional development. If you ever have any MI questions I will do my best to answer them as properly as possible.

God Bless All,

Charles
MINCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 16:17   #885
MRF-1
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
Make your first post here:

Frank L
Patriot

Army Service - 1988-2004

Stateside:

1988-1992 194th S.A.B. - Ft. Knox
1993-1998 2 ACR - Ft. Polk
2000-2001 Walter Reed Army Hosp. DC (Med. Hold)
2001-2004 1 CAV DIV - Ft. Hood

Army - Tours:

1990-1991 - IRAQ - Desert Shield / Desert Storm
1992-1993 - South Korea - DMZ-Team spirit
1994-1995 - U.N. Mission in Haiti
1996-1998 - IFOR/SFOR Bosnia & Z.O.S.
1998-2000 - South Korea K16

Veteran of Foreign Wars of the United States
Post 15045, Texas
Frank T. Love # 9340882
Life Member

Veteran Affairs 70% rated

Last edited by MRF-1; 02-09-2013 at 17:08.
MRF-1 is offline   Reply With Quote