Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Welcome to Professional Soldiers ® > Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2017, 16:39   #11
The Caveman
Asset

Greetings,

Grew up in the greater Los Angeles area all my life, no traveling, less appealing neighborhood. Household took a blow to finances causing me to never enroll past 4th grade.

Always wanted to be in the military, but not just be military, to contribute. Far too many men and women sacrifice the entirety of their time and effort to their cause for me to do less.

After the arduous task of overcoming my aforementioned educational barriers I enlisted at the age of 20 years young under an active duty 14T contract of which I currently still serve out of Ft. Bliss.

Actually got back from my second SFAS attempt a couple months ago of which I was dropped for failing to find enough points during the Star Course and subsequently received an NTR (SFAS) as I've been told only two attempts is the new enlisted policy. Both attempts are the defining experiences of my military career so far. If there is anyone from class 10-17 around I'd love to touch base.

Actually highly interested now in taking up a support role in a SFG as the desire to contribute and level of inspiration drawn from the community has not waned. I asked the NG/AR recruiter to look into openings and it appears an opportunity is present, I will continue researching, and insight however blunt is welcomed.

Thank you all for having me.

Last edited by The Caveman; 12-19-2017 at 00:19.
The Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote