Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 03-08-2016, 19:32   #1
Sdiver
Area Commander

Next Colorado US Senator

Have been working in the campaign office of current Colorado state senator Tim Neville, who is making a bid to run on the Republican ticket and go up against Michael Bennet, who is nothing more than a pawn and puppet of the current administration.

Tim is by far the best chance we have of beating Bennet this November.

Please check out Tim's web site to see his qualifications.

http://www.nevilleforsenate.com/

I'm sure you'll agree, that Tim is what we need to help run out the "establishment."

For you folks living in Colorado Springs/El Paso county and would like to meet Tim, former state senator, Dave Schultheis is hosting a meet-and-greet and his home, this coming Monday, March 14th at 6:30PM.

PM me for details if you'd like to attend.

And if anyone else would like to help out in anyway, please visit the above website and donate what you can. Even if it's $5.00 or $10.00, any little bit helps.
Sdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 09:36   #2
jnoob22
Asset

Very glad I don't live in Denver. We're in the Springs. We have a good mix of politics here. Just wish we were a little more liberal on the social issues but I guess we all have to get along. Denver has some wacky gun laws. (Let me qualify that... Denver has some wacky gun laws ... for Colorado)
jnoob22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:13   #3
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoob22 View Post
Just wish we were a little more liberal on the social issues...
No thanks.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:29   #4
Guy
Quiet Professional

Red face Just DAMN!

Quote:
Just wish we were a little more liberal on the social issues but I guess we all have to get along.
You could always move to:

1. San Francisco, CA
2. Washington, DC
3. Seattle, WA
4. Oakland, CA
5. Boston, MA
6. Minneapolis, MN
7. Detroit, MI
8. New York, NY
9. Buffalo, NY
10. Baltimore, MD

-DE OPPRESSO LIBER-
Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 08:51   #5
jnoob22
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
You could always move to:

1. San Francisco, CA
2. Washington, DC
3. Seattle, WA
4. Oakland, CA
5. Boston, MA
6. Minneapolis, MN
7. Detroit, MI
8. New York, NY
9. Buffalo, NY
10. Baltimore, MD
No way, we really like it here. Would never live on either coasts. Just bought some land out in Hartsel and are building a homestead out there anyways. My big beef actually is with medical marijuana. Yes, it's legal but the powers that be here are trying to push it out of the area as much as they can. My wife has been helped tremendously by MM. She has had auto-immune rheumatoid arthritis since she was 13. She's been able to get off some very dangerous opioids/opiates because of it.

All that being said, I can understand in a way why the city council here is trying to push it out. They're old Air Force retirees and are just suspicious of it. And even bigger for them, they are afraid of losing business from the military since this town would be economically devastated if the Government decided to start moving installations to other less "pot-friendly" areas. Personally, I don't think that will ever happen.

Like I alluded to, this place here has a good mix of politics unlike in other areas we've lived. Everyone here seems to get along very well and doesn't let the crap get in the way of living. I love Colorado and the people that live here. Though, the California transplants can get on your nerves. ;-)
Old 03-10-2016, 09:30   #6
Razor
Quiet Professional

Quote:
All that being said, I can understand in a way why the city council here is trying to push it out. They're old Air Force retirees and are just suspicious of it. And even bigger for them, they are afraid of losing business from the military since this town would be economically devastated if the Government decided to start moving installations to other less "pot-friendly" areas.
Or, perhaps just maybe, they are talking to law enforcement and medical professionals who have a different view of the situation:

"In 2014 and 2015, nearly $6 million in pot revenues have been distributed to local governments. But the cost of increased law enforcement, drugged-driving incidents, fatal crashes, loss of productivity and a huge spike in gang-related crime bring into question the cost-benefit of those dollars.

Teen drug-related school expulsions are also on the rise. And the notion that prisons filled with minor drug offenders would be relieved of overcrowding—a selling point of legalizing marijuana—has been blown to smithereens.

Denver’s homeless population has exploded since Amendment 64 went into effect. And there are indications that finite tourist dollars are going more to pot and less to Colorado’s iconic natural wonders."

http://www.newsweek.com/unexpected-s...ng-weed-339931
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:42   #7
Sdiver
Area Commander

If you're on FB, here is Tim's FB page ....

https://www.facebook.com/timnevilleforsenate/

Give it a "Like" and follow our progress.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:59   #8
jnoob22
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Or, perhaps just maybe, they are talking to law enforcement and medical professionals who have a different view of the situation:

"In 2014 and 2015, nearly $6 million in pot revenues have been distributed to local governments. But the cost of increased law enforcement, drugged-driving incidents, fatal crashes, loss of productivity and a huge spike in gang-related crime bring into question the cost-benefit of those dollars.

Teen drug-related school expulsions are also on the rise. And the notion that prisons filled with minor drug offenders would be relieved of overcrowding—a selling point of legalizing marijuana—has been blown to smithereens.

Denver’s homeless population has exploded since Amendment 64 went into effect. And there are indications that finite tourist dollars are going more to pot and less to Colorado’s iconic natural wonders."

http://www.newsweek.com/unexpected-s...ng-weed-339931
No doubt. It's going to have some impact. In my opinion, the benefits outweigh these things you point out. That's just me. Personally, I wouldn't have an issue if they pushed the recreational sale and use out to Manitou Springs (or elsewhere out of the state), I just hate to see something so beneficial for patients suffering from truly bad stuff be thrown out with the bath water. It's too easy to say ban everything which thankfully hasn't happened ... so far. But, point well taken.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:01   #9
jnoob22
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdiver View Post
If you're on FB, here is Tim's FB page ....

https://www.facebook.com/timnevilleforsenate/

Give it a "Like" and follow our progress.

You got it. I've had a look at his page and his stances on things. I don't fully line up (that's probably impossible for any candidate unless he was your close relative ;-) ) but like what I've seen thus far.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:41   #10
Golf1echo
Area Commander

Location: Western Carolina in the rainforest,4000' along the Eastern Cont. Div.
Quote:
" little more liberal on the social issues "
You mean like when the ACLU sues the city over anything they try to do to curb the homeless/transient population which results in downtown and the surrounding areas being overrun with the issues of these people and that culture. The result is a city center that has lost much of it's vitality, high crime, and ironically the permissive environment places people in need farther away from systems of help. By default citizens that pay the taxes and their way suffer the costs of this dysfunctional approach.
While we have discussed it here before, I have been seeing some of the second and third affects from legalizing marijuana. Try and rent a large space for your business here, if you could find one the rents would prevent a legitimate business from viably covering those cost in many cases. Rash of people here now who's intent is to grow crops here for distribution in other states. Non legal insecticides being used under the table. Hash oil explosions across the entire state. Not to mention the draw to people across the country that just want to come here to get stoned, yes that social liberal agenda is a tricky one while I'm certainly not against some good ideas, I am very cautious about a liberal agenda without knowing who will actually pay the costs.
But back to the main point of this thread, Sdiver glad to hear there is another candidate you can support.....so when will we head to Boulder?

Essayons

By Dand

"In the school of the wilds,there is no graduation day"Horace Kephart
Golf1echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 11:57   #11
jnoob22
Asset

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf1echo View Post
... yes that social liberal agenda is a tricky one while I'm certainly not against some good ideas, I am very cautious about a liberal agenda without knowing who will actually pay the costs.
Lots of unintended consequences. When one tears down walls very quickly they find out almost as quickly why they were put up in the first place. I don't consider myself a full conservative but certainly not a liberal. I prefer policies that are well thought out. Usually that takes a lot of time to do that.

Allowing rec mj in my opinion was not well thought out but it's here and we do have time to put things in place. There's no reason you can't regulate it like you do alcohol (which is far more of a problem imvho) but that requires some work that our city council doesn't seem to interested in. But, I'm not bitter about it.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:17   #12
jnoob22
Asset

sdiver, I like how Sen. Neville is traveling the state and going to some somewhat remote places. I like his stance on business and guns. Out of curiosity, do you know if he's made any comments about Mr. Trump? I wonder what he thinks of him.
Old 03-10-2016, 13:26   #13
Sdiver
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf1echo View Post
But back to the main point of this thread, Sdiver glad to hear there is another candidate you can support.....so when will we head to Boulder?
Thanks. I helped Tim get elected in the '14 election to the Colorado State Senate along with a few others, while I was working at a Super-Pac. Not only do I feel Tim is the best candidate for the job, he currently represents me in CD-16 and that's why I'm taking off from school and working in his office.

In fact, SD-16 is a microcosm of the state in how the voters are arrayed. 33% (R), 33% (D), and 34% (I) +/- 2%. Tim was told by the nay-sayers that he didn't stand a snow ball's chance of winning, but through a concerted grass roots effort, he proved them wrong and won by over 2500 votes. Part of which includes southern Boulder and Western Denver counties.

We've pretty much brought the same team back together this time around. Yes, there are one or two MIA. I'm not going to mention names <cough><cough> MR2 <cough><ahh-choo>, so we're feeling confident that we'll give Bennet a run for his east coast money.

I can tell you, Tim is driven in his conviction to not only represent the people of Colorado, but to help "heal" this country from the damages done these past 7 1/2 years.

Quote:
sdiver, I like how Sen. Neville is traveling the state and going to some somewhat remote places. I like his stance on business and guns. Out of curiosity, do you know if he's made any comments about Mr. Trump? I wonder what he thinks of him.
That is one thing we all agreed upon, is that Tim needed to get to many of the counties well away from the "front-range influence." Hey, they're part of our state too, and he's out to represent the WHOLE state, not just certain parts as Bennet does.

He is a man of limited means and our campaign is being very "frugal" with the donations being sent in. We're "brown bagging" it for lunches and dinners here in the office and using our own POVs to drive Tim around the state. Some of which we're amazed that they're still running.

We ALL don't mind because we know what the end goal is, and that is getting Tim across the finish line and be able to call him U.S. Senator Neville.

As far as Trump is concerned, he hasn't said who he's endorsing. He's focused on his current session at the State Capitol, where he has several bill's he is working on (Making Colorado a Right To Work state, as well as a Constitutional Carry state) as well as focusing on this campaign. I do know that he will support whomever the GOP picks.
Old 03-17-2016, 16:37   #14
Sdiver
Area Commander

I just LOVE working for politicians that give away firearms.

Here's your chance to win a Springfield Armory 1911 .45 ACP.

Enter here: http://www.nevilleforsenate.com/tim-...-gun-giveaway/

... and if you can help out in anyway, please pitch in $5.00 or $10.00 bucks to help keep the lights on in the office.
Old 03-18-2016, 07:05   #15
Box
Quiet Professional

...I want to see a Colorado politician show how good he can roll a doobie.

That should probably grab the 20-something party animal vote
Opinions stated in this post are solely those of the author, and in no way reflect the opinions or policies of The Department of Defense, The United States Army, The Royal Canadian Mounted Police, The Screen Actors Guild, The Boy Scouts, The Good, The Bad, or The Ugly. These opinions are provided purely as overly sarcastic social commentary and are not meant to be used for mission planning or navigation.

"Make sure your own mask is secure before assisting others"
-Airplane Safety Briefing
Box is offline   Reply With Quote