Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-28-2016, 08:57   #16
frostfire
Area Commander

What do Russians think of Donald Trump?

http://www.bbc.com/news/36155109
not sure what to make of it. If Russians perceive Putin and Trump as buddy-buddy, is that good for Americans? for the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-TX View Post
In my opinion, Trump's principles serve Trump. Are we to believe that after a lifetime of supporting progressive causes and politicians, he has had an epiphany, and he is now a constitutional conservative?

If he is elected, we will have at least four-years to answer that question. The reason I support Ted Cruz for President is that he has a track record of fighting for and supporting constitutional principles. Donald Trump does not.
Trump's consistent track record of me, myself, and I makes it very hard to believe he has the country, Americans, or anyone else's interest in mind. Interests do coincide, however.

I'm hoping/praying for Carly-Cruz....but bracing for 4 years (if not 8) of Hillary. There are more female voters in the US, and they are more likely to vote. She uses the woman card to great advantage in every speaking events. Despite her poor track record, I've seen how she casts her magic over African American female figures, which turns into numerous supports from those figures' followers. Geez, she's quite the force multiplier

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:55   #17
abc_123
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by xollie316 View Post
Echo the opinion that I want an executive and not an ideologue. I firmly believe that Trump serves only himself and will do so at the expense of the country. His brash talk is fueled by his love of the praise he receives for it, not for his beliefs in principles. In my opinion.

Cruz, like every candidate, is far from perfect. But I believe him to be the better politician (in the actual definition, not the negative connotation it has come to be) and less self-serving of the two.

A choice between Hilary and Trump will leave me frozen and indecisive for the first time in a long time.

... Is it too late to nominate Bill Pullman to play his character from Independence Day for four years?
Hold on there, partner. The ideologue in this conversation is Cruz and not Trump. As far as Trump being in it only for himself, sure he has personal motivations. We all do. I've "served" my country in the Army for a few weeks shy of 26 years now, but I can tell you that number would have been a hell of a lot smaller if I wasn't getting paid. So I guess I'm selfish too.

Cruz? He may be up there with St. Mother Theresa and only running for the good of mankind, but somehow I seriously doubt it.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:12   #18
SF-TX
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post
Hold on there, partner. The ideologue in this conversation is Cruz and not Trump. As far as Trump being in it only for himself, sure he has personal motivations. We all do. I've "served" my country in the Army for a few weeks shy of 26 years now, but I can tell you that number would have been a hell of a lot smaller if I wasn't getting paid. So I guess I'm selfish too.

Cruz? He may be up there with St. Mother Theresa and only running for the good of mankind, but somehow I seriously doubt it.
And didn't you swear to support and defend the Constitution? Ted Cruz has vigorously supported and defended the US Constitution, first as Solicitor General of Texas, and now as a US Senator. As President, I suspect he will continue that defense. That makes him an ideologue?

Well, I zealously support and advocate for the US Constitution. I suppose that makes me an ideologue.

I hold it as a principle that the duration of peace is in direct proportion to the slaughter you inflict on the enemy. –Gen. Mikhail Skobelev
SF-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 12:55   #19
Patrin
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire View Post
http://www.bbc.com/news/36155109
not sure what to make of it. If Russians perceive Putin and Trump as buddy-buddy, is that good for Americans? for the world?
I think it is great for America. The Russians aren't Muslim. I want Trump and Putin to have a good relationship. Allies even. A conflict with the Ruskies is another death blow to Western Civilization...and honestly...I believe Russia is the only hope of saving Europe from a complete Muslim invasion. Globalists and neo-con's saber-rattle against Russia, and we pretty dang well know, that those groups want to see the US destroyed as a sovereign country.

I don't like their dealings with Iran, or what's happened in the Ukraine, but going against them is not in our National interest...not remotely...and George Soros hates the Russians...that's a good sign.

Quote:
She uses the woman card to great advantage in every speaking events. Despite her poor track record, I've seen how she casts her magic over African American female figures, which turns into numerous supports from those figures' followers. Geez, she's quite the force multiplier
She is going to get burned at the stake using the woman card...just wait.

Trump + Clinton Foundation + million dollar Wahhabi Muslim country contributions = death for Hitlery on women's rights.

Last edited by Patrin; 04-28-2016 at 12:59.
Patrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 00:16   #20
xollie316
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc_123 View Post

deleted.

Last edited by xollie316; 02-03-2023 at 19:53.
xollie316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:10   #21
Dusty
RIP Quiet Professional

Trump's like Lucas oil conditioner, but the engine of this Country needs it.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:22   #22
Patrin
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by xollie316 View Post
Calling women you disagree with, "fat pigs, dogs, slobs, disgusting animals, and bimbos" is nearing the bottom of the barrel in political tact and discourse. I do not want the CINC and representative of our nation to portray our values this way.
This must have been prior to June 2015...and with Rosie?

I haven't heard any such name calling since he announced his run...towards women...other than his Fiorina comment.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:32   #23
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrin View Post

I haven't heard any such name calling since he announced his run...towards women...other than his Fiorina comment.
Megyn Kelly.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 12:36   #24
Team Sergeant
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrin View Post

I dunno, it's worked quite well for some politicians in the past....

Winston Churchill

Bessie Braddock to Churchill "Winston, your drunk!"
Churchill: "Bessie, your ugly, and tomorrow morning I shall be sober"
Old 04-29-2016, 12:50   #25
Patrin
Guerrilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper View Post
Megyn Kelly.

TR
Roger that...his "blood coming out of her eyes or whatever" comment in response to her gotcha! journalism at the first debate.

I admit, it didn't bother me considering the game she was playing.

The Heidi Cruz re-tweet, IMO, was his only poor form woman mistake that he made. He could have easily risen above it and chastised Cruz about the Melania photo.

"Fat pigs, dogs, slobs, disgusting animals, and bimbos" related to women, "Trump hates Mexicans" related to deporting illegal aliens, "Trump is racist" related to Marxist protesters disrupting Trump rallies...are not related to anything, in facts, that I've heard him actually say.

If he has, heck, I'd want to know.

Last edited by Patrin; 04-29-2016 at 13:09.
Old 04-29-2016, 21:51   #26
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Rules for radicals, rule #4:
“Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules."

Trump knows what he's doing.
He can't win trying to meet an unobtainable standard, so he ignores it and attacks whenever someone tries to hold him to it.

Political correctness is just a way of getting someone else to submit to your approval.
If you have no choice but to play, it's best to double down with aggression and give them nowhere to go.

Their subsequent hissy fit just makes them look weak.
It's a choice of evils.

WRT Megyn Kelly, Sean Connery understood that sort of dilemma.
http://youtu.be/oo0d1zTAFKA
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)

Last edited by GratefulCitizen; 04-29-2016 at 22:32.
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 16:56   #27
Mills
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Not much different from most politicians in Washington who become millionaires after they get to Washington.

At least Trump will not be selling his vote for pack money.

So he backs business friendly legislation? Didn't somebody once say "A raising tide lifts all boats"?
Someone with zero principles is someone extremely dangerous.

Trump may be better than a latter candidate or "establishment" type that may be trying to parachute in at the convention, however there is something to be said for hiring one of the most well known "establishment" lobbyists in DC who also has ZERO principles.

I mean for fucks sake, the guy caves on all issues that define most Republicans "principled" values.
Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 20:33   #28
Paslode
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mills View Post
Someone with zero principles is someone extremely dangerous.

Trump may be better than a latter candidate or "establishment" type that may be trying to parachute in at the convention, however there is something to be said for hiring one of the most well known "establishment" lobbyists in DC who also has ZERO principles.

I mean for fucks sake, the guy caves on all issues that define most Republicans "principled" values.
On the bright side, at least none of Trumps major supporters have rubbed their face in a bowl of Cheetos like Cruz spoke person and Prophet Glenn Beck. In important events such as Presidential Primaries the candidates are judged by the company they keep and to some degree can held accountable for the actions of those supoorting their campaigns.

Last edited by Paslode; 04-30-2016 at 20:40.
Paslode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 20:39   #29
PSM
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paslode View Post
On the bright side, at least none of Trumps major supporters have rubbed their face in a bowl of Cheetos like Cruz spoke person and Prophet Glenn Beck.
Want me to bring up Mike Tyson? And Trump's remarks that the 17 year-old girl he raped shouldn't have been there?

Pat

"The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." -- Dennis Prager

"The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it." --H.L. Mencken
PSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 21:01   #30
Paslode
Area Commander

Sure, why not.