Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > At Ease > The Soapbox

Old 04-25-2016, 15:50   #16
GratefulCitizen
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Sergeant View Post
I think about that range every time I strap on my holster..... how much is enough?
For bad guys?

Minimum effective dose of 14,900 milligrams; Pb and Cu, pill form, injectable directly into the sternum or nasal cavity.
Increase dosage until symptoms fully suppressed.
"Whoever watches the wind will not plant; whoever looks at the clouds will not reap." -Ecclesiastes 11:4 (NIV)
GratefulCitizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:35   #17
craigepo
Quiet Professional

I wonder what would happen if we just legalized it all, marijuana, opiates, methamphetamine, etc? Heck, it's going to happen at some point anyway. Moreover, our attempts to keep people from using the stuff have failed.

Specifically, what would be the 2nd and 3rd level effects?

Also, am I the only one confused by the seemingly contradictory positions our society is advocating? We run commercials to keep people from smoking cigarettes, but pass laws allowing and almost advocating the use of marijuana. Our society pushes toward the normalization of LGBT persons, to the point that no one knows which bathroom to use, but then the government relocates a bunch of Muslims into the country, a religion notorious for its horrific treatment of homosexuals.

"One man with courage makes a majority." Andrew Jackson

"Well Mr. Carpetbagger. We got something in this territory called the Missouri boat ride."
Josey Wales
craigepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 13:07   #18
Old Dog New Trick
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigepo View Post
I wonder what would happen if we just legalized it all, marijuana, opiates, methamphetamine, etc? Heck, it's going to happen at some point anyway. Moreover, our attempts to keep people from using the stuff have failed.

Specifically, what would be the 2nd and 3rd level effects?

Also, am I the only one confused by the seemingly contradictory positions our society is advocating? We run commercials to keep people from smoking cigarettes, but pass laws allowing and almost advocating the use of marijuana. Our society pushes toward the normalization of LGBT persons, to the point that no one knows which bathroom to use, but then the government relocates a bunch of Muslims into the country, a religion notorious for its horrific treatment of homosexuals.
2nd and 3rd order effects are well established by the liberal left...free needles, cooking pots, counseling, drug treatment programs and social workers, welfare and section 8 housing, children's services for the addicted moms...

It's the perfect self-licking-ice cream-cone!

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” (Sir Edmund Burke)
Old Dog New Trick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 17:53   #19
mojaveman
Area Commander

Quote:
Looking at it from a business perspective we have spent billions on a 'war on drugs' and it has basically been a failure. People are going to smoke ganja whether it's legal or not. I don't use drugs or even drink anymore but look at some of the tax revenue that's being created in the areas where it's been legalized. A few of the financially troubled cities in the county where I live have all voted to legalize medical marijuana stores and they are making lots of money.
mojaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:08   #20
1stindoor
Quiet Professional

I recognize that I'm "old." But I would have no use for anyone that's using while at work. I wouldn't want my kids/grandkids on a school bus driven by someone that's using; wouldn't want to work next to anyone that's using; wouldn't want to shop anywhere where their employees were using. Hell I don't even eat at restaurants that can't get their employees to pull up their pants while serving my meals. Most mornings I wake up and can't recognize the country I love anymore. About the only thing that's okay to criticize is the guy that works for a living, pays his taxes, goes to church, and disciplines his children so they'll be good citizens.
-TOMAHAWK9521
1stindoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 14:05   #21
cbtengr
Area Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
I recognize that I'm "old." But I would have no use for anyone that's using while at work. I wouldn't want my kids/grandkids on a school bus driven by someone that's using; wouldn't want to work next to anyone that's using; wouldn't want to shop anywhere where their employees were using. Hell I don't even eat at restaurants that can't get their employees to pull up their pants while serving my meals. Most mornings I wake up and can't recognize the country I love anymore. About the only thing that's okay to criticize is the guy that works for a living, pays his taxes, goes to church, and disciplines his children so they'll be good citizens.
Well stated, thank you! I will never get over the impression I have of the morons I had to serve in the military with that were pot heads.