Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > The Pipeline (Special Forces Training) > Special Forces Qualification Course

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2007, 15:52   #19
SF_BHT
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruzzen View Post
The Reaper,

I apologize if I come across as a whiny kid, that was not my intent. In answer to your question, yes, I know I can lead a squad/company size element. There is no doubt in my mind that I have the capability to do it.
I've been recommended for promotion twice to E5 by those in charge of me. Both times my packet has been kicked back and the reasoning was "Your an Xray. We dont' promote Xrays". Meanwhile, I've seen RA spec 4's get promoted to E5, who couldn't lead their way out of a paper bag. Surprisingly, none of those soldiers are in the Q anymore.

Currently, there are mass promotions for all E4's to E5 being handed out to those that finish their MOS training. This is not happening with the 18D. As an 18D candidate who's finished my MOS training, I believe I have the right to ask why that is not occuring with the 18D's. The fact that I'm also an X-ray is coincidental.

Surprisingly, most X-rays, that are quality guys, are not here for the money, or the rank. The lack of promotions while in the Q, and the BS that we put up with for simply being an X-ray, are not going to change our minds about where we want to be and what we want to do.

Gruzzen
Grasshopper
Your perception of your Leadership of men skills may just be a little higher than the reality. You will never know until you are in a Real Unit not a training unit. I have known a few Outstanding SF Baby's and a lot that could not lead a monkey down the hall on a leash. Not knocking you or them that is just a fact. Only a few men were born right out of the crib to be an NCO and Combat leader but most were taught and learned over time by being taught by those with experience in their units. You have chosen your track to run and there are historical reasons for what you are experiencing. Just suck it up and continue to drive on with a positive outlook and determination and you will get there.
Head the words of those that have traveled this trail before you. I can tell you between just 3 of us on this thread we have over 60 years of RA and SF time. TR and others know the hurdles and what is needed and what works.

You sort of sound like my son when he entered the army and now he finally has told me that you know dad you do know what you are talking about.
SF_BHT is offline   Reply With Quote