Go Back   Professional Soldiers ® > Kit Tips > Professional Gear

Old 03-24-2005, 08:44   #31
Desert Fox
Guerrilla

I have a G Shock. Another good thing with it is how easy it is to do a Time Check ( 2 seconds is enough), and also to have the Z Time. Mine also has a stopwatch. And it offers no light reflection.
I saw many watches being broken in the field, but never my G shock.
Old 03-24-2005, 14:55   #32
Archangel
BANNED USER

Gentlemen, I found this site to have the best prices for the watches that you may be looking for:

http://casio-watches.pajamacrisis.ne...ches/c3872/23/
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 16:29   #33
Peregrino
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel
Gentlemen, I found this site to have the best prices for the watches that you may be looking for:

http://casio-watches.pajamacrisis.ne...ches/c3872/23/

Archangel - Thanks for the URL. Now I'm all confused. I bought my last G-Shock at Walmart years ago, was satisfied with its (minimal) capabilities, wasn't even curious about what else was out there - and YOU had to go and show me all of the options. Not like choosing a new rifle or pistol with only a few functional enhancements. YOU had to show me watches with capabilities I'll need a PhD to figure out. Just to realize I'll never need/use most of them anyway. (I'm going to blame you when the boss wants to know why I'm spending so much time researching watches on the internet. ) Have a great SF day. Peregrino
Peregrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 16:44   #34
Archangel
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrino
Archangel - Thanks for the URL. Now I'm all confused. I bought my last G-Shock at Walmart years ago, was satisfied with its (minimal) capabilities, wasn't even curious about what else was out there - and YOU had to go and show me all of the options. Not like choosing a new rifle or pistol with only a few functional enhancements. YOU had to show me watches with capabilities I'll need a PhD to figure out. Just to realize I'll never need/use most of them anyway. (I'm going to blame you when the boss wants to know why I'm spending so much time researching watches on the internet. ) Have a great SF day. Peregrino
LOL. Hey it's TR's fault. He mentioned that he liked his Pathfinder so I did a Google search. I thought there was only one Casio Pathfinder until I found that site. I'm in the same boat you are... I don't know which one to get. I bought a cheap watch from Walmart & it did got owned by some Wait-a-Minute veins on Land Nav.

Last edited by Archangel; 03-24-2005 at 16:46.
Old 03-24-2005, 18:39   #35
Huey14
Kia ora, bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
Have not seen the Casio with the GPS, just the Suunto, and it seemed to be pretty accurate.

Not a GPS expert, but all of them will depend on the antenna and ability to capture satellites. More satellites equals better accuracy. Not sure what role, if any the power supply plays in this.

Maybe someone who has one can answer that.

TR
Sure. I've just misread your post a bit. Cheers anyway, though.

"That block was already messed up."
Huey14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 20:11   #36
frostfire
Area Commander

solar power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper
Not sure what your field time is like as a light guy, but I have one of the Casio Pathfinders, and I have used the "gadgets" frequently.
Reaper Sir, are you using the solar-powered model?
Would you mind pinpointing the model in the forementioned website?
Thank you

"So we can suffer, and in suffering we know who we are" David Goggins

"Aide-toi, Dieu t'aidera " Jehanne, la Pucelle

Der, der Geld verliert, verliert einiges;
Der, der einen Freund verliert, verliert viel mehr;
Der, der das Vertrauen verliert, verliert alles.

INDNJC
frostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 21:19   #37
The Reaper
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostfire
Reaper Sir, are you using the solar-powered model?
Would you mind pinpointing the model in the forementioned website?
Thank you
Negative.

Using the Pathfinder - PRG403VDR.

Great watch, my old Casio Triple Sensor ate batteries like crazy, this one has been good for over 24 months.

Doesn't mean that it is the best model for you, but I like mine.

TR
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - President Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

De Oppresso Liber 01/20/2025
The Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 22:28   #38
Jgood
Quiet Professional

I have the casio Pathfinder Model PRG60.. and like TR i use the function quite often (just to get use to them in the case i really need them). The compass has some variations, Alt is very good and its solar so no need for a battery change.

Got it on ebay new and saved about $300 so if i lost it i be sad but not heart broken..
There is only one tactical principal which is not subject to change. It is to use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.
Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.
Jgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 18:35   #39
MAB32

Archangel,

Yes, thanks also! I just arrived back from an extradtion and now I really don't feel so good. I thought this was going to be easy but I am now with Peregrino; so many Casio's and only two wrists.
Old 03-25-2005, 19:51   #40
Archangel
BANNED USER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAB32
Archangel,

Yes, thanks also! I just arrived back from an extradtion and now I really don't feel so good. I thought this was going to be easy but I am now with Peregrino; so many Casio's and only two wrists.
I don't have issues with only having two wrist because I'll wear those suckers on my ankles when I run out of space on my wrist. My problem is cash flow.
Old 03-28-2005, 15:17   #41
Noel
Asset

Watch Site

You may be interested in this site:

http://www.broadarrow.net/sale.htm

a bunch of watch people have various and sundry info. They tend to like "traditional" self-winding watches, but do have the 'G-shock' on the sale page.
Old 03-28-2005, 18:06   #42
jasonglh
Guerrilla

Wow you guys have great taste in watches. I have a Casio triplesensor ATC-1200? I know I have had it at least 5 years but maybe longer I really dont remember. I know the year after I got it they came out with one with indiglo which is easier to read. I have only had to replace the bad and one battery since I had it.

Would really love to have a Rolex GMT someday though.

Col. Robert W. Black
jasonglh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 18:33   #43
lksteve
Quiet Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonglh
Would really love to have a Rolex GMT someday though.
for what reason? there's lotsa neat gadgets and stuff on the modern watches...
of course, you don't need a battery for a GMT Master as long as your heart is still beating...
""A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it.""- GEN George S. Patton
lksteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 19:12   #44
jasonglh
Guerrilla

If it was the watch of choice for SEALs and SF back in the day then it had to be one fine watch. I have met a older gentlemen who had one and they said if your gonna get a watch get one these son. I'm a gadget freak but some things cant be improved on sometimes.

Incidently I met a guy a few years ago that was retired SF. I went into his hospital room and he was laying there sporting a sexy hospital gown, OD green wool socks, a very neat gray/white flattop, and a Rolex GMT that looked like it had been around. He complimented me on my flattop when I dropped to one knee to draw his blood and I asked if he was retired SF. He said he was but I dont remember with what group now. I complimented him on his choice of gown accessories and he said his wife had mailed him the watch in Vietnam while he was doing some diving with some SEALs. I saw him a few more times over the next few days and he was a really great guy.

Col. Robert W. Black
jasonglh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 19:24   #45
Bill Harsey
Bladesmith to the Quiet Professionals

When I was logging and high climbing, I carried a pocket watch. That ended the year I started high climbing, I was breaking a watch per week.

My farrier has the Timex ccrn shows here because it works good and he won't lose much sleep when it gets broken by a rank horse.

Casio must be a hell of a watch from what I've read.

I wear a Suunto Advisor.
Battery change only in the couple years I've worn it. I like it in the mountains with barometer and altimeter, numbers are big enough I can see what day it is when writing a check under pressure.
Bill Harsey is offline   Reply With Quote